• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
  • Appart from the red gyarados in fury lake I encountered a shiny zubat in my playthrough in soul silver, the first two steps in union cave :) it joined my team. A few days ago I was in viridian forest and caught a shiny hoot hoot :) I was so happy!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    In black version I found a shiny of that little crab guy that evolves into the one that's square shaped, I also found another shiny on black version it's the frog looking guy he is green instead of blue I evolved him to his final form, I dunno there names really yet I haven't memorized most of the newer pokemon yet, I also have captured a shiny nidoran boy on a rom, but I was speeding up time on that one so it doesn't really seem like it should count other then that just a red garadoes like everyone lol.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Back when I was beast at Pokeradar, I got the following shinies:
    -Skitty
    -Buizel
    -Murkrow
    -Absol

I ran into these shinies randomly:
    -Golbat
    -Kricketot

I hatched this shiny:
    -Piplup

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I have the Pikachu-Colored Pichu from the event, the four Masuda Method shinies in my sig, and a Masuda Method Staryu that I gave away to a friend. I have never encountered a shiny in the wild. Ever. I'm using Masuda Method for Charmander and Venonat right now in Platinum. And yes, I use this method exclusively because I'm horrible at chaining. I might try chaining again one day, but right now I'm happy with Masuda Method.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All of these came up randomly:

R/S/E:
    -Sableye (Sapphire, fled)
    -Koffing (Emerald, caught)

FR/LG:
    -Shellder (FR, fled)
    -Machop (LG, fled)

D/P/Pt:
    -Geodude (Diamond, caught, deleted)
    -Roselia (Platinum, caught, lost)
    -Sneasel (Platinum, caught, lost)
    -Marill (Platinum, caught, lost)
    -Blissey (Platinum, hatched, lost)

HG/SS:
    -Mewtwo (HG, caught, lost)
    -Tentacool (SS, caught)
    -Golbat (SS, caught)

B/W:
    -Gothita (caught)

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Only counting genuine shinies (gameshark free), I have only ever seen two shinies.
    First a shiny electrike in my Ruby. I was new to the Hoenn games, it had been my first one. I had been used to the shiny animation that characterizes a shiny in old Gold, silver and Crystal, thus I knew it looked different but cocked my head at it wondering what exactly I was seeing. But it did not register to me as a shiny and I had not wanted an electrike so I ran. I feel quite stupidly for that looking back on it now.

Second one, in my Leaf Green. I had been making my way through Victory Road(second time although I had not realized that at the time as I had not played for some time), and out of nowhere appears a shiny Machop. I had already caught a Machop but I did not make the electrike mistake and caught this one. I called it "The Rock" because it's shiny brown color and fighting type made me think of Dwayne Johnson.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • After playing Pokemon for over 10 years, I have only ever found ONE shiny... and it was a shiny Tentacool on Ruby (which I must of deleted by accident years ago fs).

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • 3, first being s shiny zigzagoon in emerald, and the second a shiny starter (can't remember which and in which game) and the third was , to my super luck, a shiny groudon in Emerald !!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have a few boxes of shiny Pokemon. XD Most are from trades of chaining in D/P/Pt, but some are from random encounters which amounts to... 5 in 3rd/4th gen games and 8 if you included 2nd (not including the Red Gyarados). Pidgey, Sentret, Elekid (Odd egg), Exeggcute (safari zone so luck that I caught it), Zubat, Tentacool, Donphan, Miltank in order.

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    One and only one--Krabby, Seafoam or Whirl Islands (I forget which), Pokemon Gold.

...Which I have lost since my ancient gamesave died a few months ago. Haven't found another shiny since in ANY game.

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • Only caught two shinies. A Doduo which is now a fully envolved dodrio and a recently caught shiny starly. Meh, it's not the best thing in the world but at least it's a shiny despite being almost identical to its original form.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • I've caght a shiny roselia in diamond on the route just before pal park and seen a shiny floatzel in the exact same place and (if memory serves) I think the floatzel was directly after the roselia ^^

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • 1/1.

Level 6 male Frillish at P2 Lab area. I was just about to use Super Repel as well, that would've sucked xD It's the only one I've seen and caught apart from the event legends and Red Gyrados, those ones don't really count.

I'd have like a shiny female Frillish at first so I could get a Purple Jellicent :)

TheSandMan

#1 Sandslash Fan
    Years
  • Only two in the entire 11/12 years I've been playing Pokemon. One was a shiny Taillow in Ruby and the other was a Poliwag in Fire Red.

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Well in my Pokemon time I've only seen 2 Shiny Pokemon. My first one was a Shiny Whismur in Saphire but I thought my game was hacked when I stumbled across it so I turned my game off right away. Years later in Pokemon Platinum I stumble across a Shiny Fearow but had NO FREAKING POKEBALLS! Because of that I always have PokeBalls on me now! As for event, I have 2 Shiny Suicune and a Shiny Pichu.

Back