• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many viruses have you had?

GlaceonX

-Glomps- Hii everybody
Years
  • How many viruses have you had? 3

How long has it been since you had one? Haven't had one since SP3 of XP

What antivirus do you use? None, I don't use one since I got SP3 of windows x3, I do have spyware terminator, I rarely use it though

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Just one! And it was just a stupid one. The kind that are supposed to trick you into buying a fake antivirus program.

How long has it been since you had one?
    About a year or so.

What antivirus do you use?
    At the time I didn't have one because the one that came with my computer expired. But after that I installed Avira.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • How many viruses have you had?
    Not too many viruses. Probably less than 5. I generally get spyware and adware infections most often. Those random popups are annoying...

Not sure when my last Virus was, but I had an adware infection earlier this week.

BitDefender. And Malware-Bytes Antimalware for spyware stuff.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, as an update to my previous post here, yesterday my brother's computer was hit with the AntiVira AV virus, which is a nasty one that hijacks the browser under the guise of a fake antivirus program. That took a good three hours for me to get rid of...

This is the first one he's had on his computer, though he just got it in late December. He currently has no antivirus running, but after this incident I'm gonna install one on his computer for him in the very near future.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I've combated 2 on different computers. One changed the wallpaper to some "WARNING!" screen along with toolbar pop-ups, and another just pulled up pop-ups. SO FREAKING ANNOYING - I had to get the computer replaced at one place.

Currently, the computer I am using (not the one I'm on at the moment) boots, but right after the "log-in" welcome screen, I get a Blue Screen of Death, and the computer restarts. BSOD. Restart. BSOD. Restart. BSOD. Restart. I'm scared it might be another virus, but I do not know...it was working just fine some days ago. I can only avoid the BSOD if I go into Safe Mode at the moment, but I'm a bit unfamiliar with combating BSODs (I've countered a few of them before, though.) I don't know what to do... :cer_cry:

Using NOD32 antivirus on that computer right now, but I think it's a trial version or something...

Honestly, if I ever come face-to-face with a virusmaker (preferably when I'm accompanied by a Blaziken), I think I would be brimming with anger, with my Blaziken poised to unleash its utter rage upon them. They make viruses that are completely inconvenient and essentially force us to buy antivirus software when they could be working on more productive things in technology. Scum of the earth, those virusmakers are. :cer_pissed: :pink_pissed:

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    3 or 4, never really had that tons of viruses.

A year ago.

I don't know what my dad did with it, but as far as I know it's Avira Antivirus.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I've only had one really bad virus before and it was very recently like a week or two ago! The virus was called AntiVirus.net (ironic =/ ) and it was a malware that would activate at start up after all other start up programs. that 30 seconds to 1 min is all you get before it starts giving you fake error messages saying "(name of what ever you were clicking on) is infected and running it could infect your computer" or something like that. It would let you open all web browsers but it set up a proxy so you would see more lies! "Using internet explorer may take you to websites and infect your computer further" even though internet explorer wasn't on my computer!
    Was able to get rid of it using Spybot search and destroy.

My old antivirus was avast! but I deleted that after it couldn't stop or detect the one virus that mattered. Now I use Avira

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    I had a few in late 2007 on our old dell. I just reinstalled windows and never cared about it again.

3 Years

A combination of Microsoft Security Essentials, MBAM and Super Antispyware.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I have had a whole bunch. Still get a lot of them. My protection never works and I just do a simple System restore everything goes back to normal ;)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I got them all the time when I was a little kid, as I went anywhere and everywhere on the internet.

Like 5 years maybe.

None. I don't need antivirus. I just avoid any dangerous sites, and everything is peachy.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I have had a few every so often, but not really major, the last one that was major wasn't even my fault and that was back in 2003, I think or something like that. That one was due to my little brother. It's been a few years since I've had a serious one. I really only get minor ones and they disappear in a flash because I'm overly paranoid about these things so I scan way too much. I was using Microsoft Security Essentials for scans (which I really liked too) but my dad moved me over McAfee Total Protection. I know it's supposed to be good but I liked Essentials. D: Ah well.

Zet

Years
    I got them all the time when I was a little kid, as I went anywhere and everywhere on the internet.

Like 5 years maybe.

None. I don't need antivirus. I just avoid any dangerous sites, and everything is peachy.
    I know this is mean to say but my hand went right through my face at the end of your post. Just because you avoid "dangerous" websites it doesn't mean you won't get infected with nasties. For all we know you could have keylogger stealing your stuff.

Pera

I'm sooo excited!!
    Years
    Only 1, and it was a rogue antivirus which really freaked me out, but I wasn't dumb enough to fall into all the traps it put out.

2 months xD

Avira antivir antivirus

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Five at the absolute least, almost certainly more. This was on the computer before this one. Other computers? None.

About five or six months. Keep in mind that I dropped the dreadful virus-magnet computer about four months ago...

Webroot AntiVirus.

There's a reason my old laptop is referred to exclusively as the craputer.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    at least seven. i was on a roll up until yesterday.

3 hours... yeah thats right i just fixed it, i had to rollback my computer :(

CA Anti-virus

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    Just a few, I am a very careful person.

Let's see.. Four months ago?

Avira Antivirus, I've been using this for 2 years now. And I suggest that you start using this too.

Back