• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many years have you been playing Pokémon?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I own a copy of every Pokémon game in the series from RBY to BW (apart from Green) and I've played them all, so this will be my.. 11/12/13th year, not quite sure but I know it's over 10 years ;)!

PokéTravellerNumber13

A Multi-Diamensional Traveller
    Years
    Well i was they from the start, although i didnt start playing till i actually got a GameBoy (it was a Yellow GBC) along with Pikachu Yellow Xhristmas '99. I stopped playing by the end of Gen II but still had the TGC and last year started getting back into it, getting Platinum from my younger brother. when i get my 3DS (still at shop waiting) im getting B/W

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Since Red and Blue came out in America. Which was 1998 if I remember correctly. I was a little thing... So, it's been about 12-13 years, I suppose.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Uuumm.. I was 9 when I first got into it, and it was due to the japanese!Anime, since it wasn't quite released in the USA yet.

That was.. 13 years ago. Woo. I feel old. :/

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Uuumm.. I was 9 when I first got into it, and it was due to the japanese!Anime, since it wasn't quite released in the USA yet.

That was.. 13 years ago. Woo. I feel old. :/

blue

gucci
    Years
    Can't believe it's been 15 years since Red & Blue, 12 years since Gold & Silver (2 years for HG/SS!), 9 years for R/S! (maybe a remake at 10) and most surprisingly 6 years since Diamond & Pearl. Really just shows how time flies.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I started playing whenever Red and Blue were released in the UK. Sooo 12ish years? This number just upsets me since I've never actually completed a national dex in that amount of time lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    since the very beginning! and will never forget the first time i beat blue wen i was a little kid, ahhhhh wat an accomplishment that was

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I got Blue version bundled with a gameboy color right after they first came out in America... so that long.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I've been playing since Red, and that was 13-14 years ago I think. Man. Time flew.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    13 years, like most of PC it seems haha.

And now I feel ancient..
    :2:

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    6 years of a fan, my friend from school played Pokemon Crystal in the field trip in November 2004, and I found Pokemon red in my house at the beginning of 2005, so I got into it more in that time, but I did play gold in 2002 in school as a break after the big test, and it was at the closet. 9 years of interest probaly.

Years
    • AL
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    My first Pokemon game was Red version, back when it first came out in '98. I have been playing ever since then. I've played every game from then to now.
    Woot for old school!

Back in the day we only had one type of Pokemon, and to catch it we had to walk thirty miles in the snow.....while on fire. :D

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
    Years
    I played pokemon Ruby (first pokemon game I ever touched) about five years ago for the first time at my friend's house. About four years ago, I got my first pokemon game, Diamond! :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, Pokémon R/S/E was and still are my favourites, although they were not my starting games, they were R/B/Y 12 years ago.

Back