• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many years have you been playing Pokémon?

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I started playing around 2006 with Emerald Version, so about 5 years.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I play since 2002 or 2001 maybe? but my first game is Pokemon Red. At that time, i'm the only one that played pokemon so my Kadabra can't evolve. Since then i always revered trading induced evolution Pokemon especially Alakazam. ahh, the nostalgia. not planning on stop playing pokemon untill now

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I got Pokemon Red when I was ten years-old and i'm turning twenty this year, so a total of ten years :'D I've got each generation as they've come out, even if I wasn't as into it as I used to be (example: Pearl, I had no interest in that generation but I attempted it anyway). The earlier versions like Red and Crystal still have a big place in my heart, I love the 2D graphics where the pokemon looked like blobs/squares/teddy bears.

I think I'll end up getting every version they manage to make just because I've been collecting them as a kid.

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I've been playing Pokemon for 12 years and counting ^-^

blue

gucci
    Years
    I can't believe that it's been 12 years since 1999 when R/B/Y were released, it's gone so quick, that's when I've been playing since because I remember getting G/S in 2000/2001 and I was so excited but now were 10 years later it's amazing!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I started playing it in 2006... that's when I was... 11 years old. I had bought FireRed. I've pretty much been hooked ever since. I joined this place in '08, so I SUCKED at it for two years. Meh, I still do

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    11 years so far and still counting
    i got my first gameboy and red, yellow and blue for my birthday when i was 9. gosh i feel oldish
    (and my parents said i would grow out of pokemon) XD

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Since the week Yellow first came out and my Dad bought it for me along with my first Gameboy system :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Red and Blue came out in 1999 in the UK, and I remember getting Blue for my birthday in June of that year, so it's coming up 12 years. (Although there was a period between '05 and '10 where I didn't touch the games, so it's really only 7.)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I played Red and Blue briefly when I was a little kid (1998-2000~) but never did I pick it up since then.

Skip forward to 2006, and my friend hands me pokemon blue and pokemon silver so I could play them.

Instantly hooked; I thought raticates were awesome and that Blastoise was the boss.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I first started playing Pokemon on the eighth birthday, when I got Gold and Silver. Now I'm eighteen, so about ten years, going on eleven~

Years
    I have been playing since the games first came out! Yep I've been playing Pokemon for a long time.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    Well, I got my first Gamboy and Pokemon Yellow when we were in Rhodes, Greece in 2000. Pokemon in Sweden had only been on television in about a year or two then but I didn't knew that the games existed before a few weeks before our trip to Rhodes so guess what, I got it as a birthday gift :)

SeanTheOriginal

Serious trainer is serious
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    The first time I played a Pokemon game was on Dec. 25, 1998. I got a Gameboy and Pokemon Red for x-mas, among other thing. I've been playing Pokemon games ever since I was 7-years-old. I'm now 20 and obviously still playing.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I guess I'm obviously not the only one whose been there since the beginning. I've been playing for somewhere near 12 years now. Since I'll be 18 in a few days I guess it's safe to say I was 5 when I got Red for Christmas in '98. I've played & own every main game of every generation(except Green and Black).

Back