• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
Hello Poke-dudes and dudesses,

I was playing X today and it turns out I had my first ever Shiny Pokémon Encounter! Guess who?

Graveler.. Now you know where I'm going with this :|

I passively attack it until its HP turns red. It uses Explosion and I'm like -_-

My first ever Shiny... A dream that was torn into pieces...

T-T

Anyway, I would like to hear about yours. Perhaps yours went as you expected, maybe not.

:D

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
my very first shiny was a Scatterbug. I was running back and forth battling on that very first route with my very first few caught pokemon and I was just casually tapping the buttons and watching TV and I just happened to look down and the Scatterbug had a white face! I was so excited! I caught it and I do kind of wish I had kept it, but I immediately put it on the GTS and traded it for an Articuno! :D

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
my very first shiny was a Scatterbug. I was running back and forth battling on that very first route with my very first few caught pokemon and I was just casually tapping the buttons and watching TV and I just happened to look down and the Scatterbug had a white face! I was so excited! I caught it and I do kind of wish I had kept it, but I immediately put it on the GTS and traded it for an Articuno! :D

Really? The GTS? You should have thought it twice before trading it. Imagine where it is now. Being traded all over or being used for Shiny or IV breeding thinking "What did I do to deserve this"?

Shame on you :/

Years
It was a few months back, when I was training something from my PC to learn better moves, and I was on Route 8 when a shiny Drifloon showed up. I ended up catching her with a Quick Ball (it does match shiny Drifloon's colors which is funny) but yeah like every shiny I found previously it was totally unexpected. I was actually looking for an Absol at the time I ran into that Drifloon.

Turned out with a pretty decent nature (Hasty) and Unburden, which is cool. I then went on to catch six more shinies in X alone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Really? The GTS? You should have thought it twice before trading it. Imagine where it is now. Being traded all over or being used for Shiny or IV breeding thinking "What did I do to deserve this"?

Shame on you :/

Wow, now I actually feel like garbage! :D This actually bummed me out

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 5, 2014
I've never seen a shiny, or at least I don't think i've ever seen one, sometimes i'm in a hurry to run from battle

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I was very disappointed with my first shiny in Kalos - it was a Pokemon I don't really like - it was a Gulpin - I sent it to Wonder Trade, and got a female Japanese Eevee in return.

My next shiny I really loved!! it was a shiny Luxio in Friend Safari

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
In X, I had just completed the dex and decided to start breeding again. I hatched my self a shiny nidoran female. And then I hatched a shiny beldum an mankey after that but nidoran was my first shiny hatched from an egg and first seen in 6th gen. (I caught a shiny staravia in a most recent platinum play through about a good year or so ago, but that doesn't count here since it's 6th gen) :)

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
Years
I stumbled upon my first shiny when I started playing Pokemon Y. I was around Geosenge city and I was playing at night.
I accidentally ran through the grass that you could find before reaching the said city and tadah, wild shiny Sigilyph appeared out of nowhere.

I've been keeping it as a trophy in my shinies box.

Didn't expect it at all, to say the least. That's surprise at its finest.

Years
If we're talking XY, my first shiny here was a Floatzel that I found in a challenge while I was training in Couriway Town. It was a neat find, came when I was almost finished training. Nice stuff.

Years
In X and Y it was a Eevee that I breed, about 700 eggs in so I was rejoicing in the fact it was shiny :) But my first ever shiny was back in Platinum which was a Shinx! That thing was cute as hell ^^

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
My first shiny in X&Y was also totally unexpected. I was just checking out my Friend's Friend Safari's to see which Pokémon they got. I was searching the Bug safaris, when I suddenly stumbled into a pink bug, and I was like: "Uh.. That's odd... Oh wait.. It's a shiny Heracross!" And then I caught it with my Premier Ball, since I try to catch all shinies in Premier Balls. Anyway, I nicknamed it "Birdo".

Years
My first shiny was a golbat, you could say i freaked out hardtime!
It was on pokemon diamond, and i had never seen a shiny before, but it made it up to my fave list for sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My first shiny encounter in XY was sort of a mess, unfortunately; wound up disappointing me quite a bit.

If I remember right, I believe it was a shiny Litleo. At the time, sadly, I did not have much Poké Ball with me, and was afraid that I'd be wasting them if I weren't able to capture the Pokémon successfully. Due to that, I decided to hurt it a little so that my chances of catching would increase and whatnot, but when I hit, it turned out to be critical, which was kind of shocking, making Litleo faint in an instant.

Thankfully, though, I managed to encounter another of these shiny Litleo further into the game; had no trouble catching that one!

Years
My first shiny in X and Y was a Horsea. I was chain fishing, so it wasn't really unexpected.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
Years
In general my first shiny was a Ryhorn in Pokemon ruby (this was in 2004).I was playing in the Safari Zone and stumbled upon it, I wasnt actually aware of what a shiny was at the time, and didnt know what it was until after I ha restarted the game and it had disappeared from my life.

In X and Y however, it was Bagon. My original intention with the bagon wad just to ge an adamant one for my friend because at the time almost no one had a ditto to IV breed. I bred 82 Bagon eggs to my first X and Y shiny :D. The really sad thing is I hadnt hatche an adamant one yet, and gave up immediately after.

Years
My first real shiny (not the red gyarados from gen 2) was a shiny snowrunt from a friend safari. I evolved it into froslass. I Was so in love with it until some how my game ended up getting corrupted and had to restart it.

ihyatoeu

Sage
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
I actually found two shines on the same day with chain fishing. Afterwards I bred a shiny eevee within 40 eggs and the my shiny 5iv amaura I bred within 400 eggs.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
Well, if you're talking about XY then my first shiny was from chain fishing till 25-30 chain. I encountered a Shiny Basculin, I used False Swipe and it killed itself with Final Gambit(I wanted to catch it in Pokeball) Last time i'll use a Super rod for fish chaining.

But my first ever shiny was in Emerald on an emulator, it was a shiny Golbat that I encountered. I didn't have any pokeballs left that time, so I had no choice but to rekt it. ;-;

Back