• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Excluding the Pokemon in the Lake Of Rage. I got my first Shiny as a Shiny Deoxys by Wondertrade, I think it was sent over from ORAS. It says, it was from a far away place.

MasterLemon

What's for tea?
Years
  • Age 26
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
Faraway place means ORAS Hoenn. It's probably PKHeX generated if someone was willing to depart from a Shiny Deoxys. I had it myself with a Zekrom.

My first shiny in the was an Octillery through a fishing chain.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
My first shiny was a poliwhirl :3
I was pretty excited, although i was chain fishing for polywhirl so it wasnt random.

Years
My first shiny in X was a Vulpix. That was the first Pokemon in this game I wanted to have as a Shiny and I had the opportunity to breed it.

Years
My first shiny in X was a Roselia. I got it in a horde battle though so I had to be careful that I didn't cause it to faint all while taking out all of the non shiny Roselias and keeping my Pokemon from fainting.

Years
My first and ONLY shiny has been a Caterpie which I found and caught (of course) in Santalune Forest. It was weird because the friend who introduced me to the Pokemon X&Y series was telling me that she has spent whatever amount of hours in game play (since the release of the game) and has yet to encounter a shiny. I purchased my game in mid February and ran into this golden Caterpie that night. She was furious! Good times :)

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
My first Shiny was a Spheal from the Friend Safari. I can't remember if I knew that the FS had a higher Shiny rate back then or not. I'm sure I was happy to find her, though I can't remember exactly how I responded.

Before the Spheal, I was trying to MM a Shiny Bergmite. I think I was around 300-500 eggs when I took a break and headed for the safari. I eventually did hatch one, though (after about 800 eggs).

I can't remember if I had found any Shinies in hordes by this point, but I think I found my first randomly-encountered Shiny the same day I got the Shiny Charm. I had been trying to chain a Shiny Smeargle, but I gave up after a while and started running around that one route with Chatot and Tauros (I think I was hoping for a Shiny Miltank or Pachirisu, can't recall for sure) when a Shiny Slowpoke appeared (non-horde). I had already hatched a Shiny Slowpoke shortly before this, but it was a welcome addition (I've found yet another in a horde since, so I have all three Shiny evolutionary stages -- I evolved the random one into Slowking).

First horde Shiny was Zangoose, I think. I wasn't even using Sweet Scent (I don't think I even knew about Sweet-Scenting hordes back then). I think I was hoping for a Shiny Absol while taking a break from hatching eggs, but a horde popped up just after I ran from another horde and a blue Zangoose was right in the middle. Adamant nature, too! Very nice Shiny to look at. :)

First consecutive-fishing Shiny was a Corsola at a chain of only 2!

First (and only) PokéRadar Shiny was Slowpoke. I had already gotten a Shiny Slowpoke by all the other means (MM, random single, and horde), so why not another? PokéRadar was pretty easy in DPPt after you've figured out the pattern, but it's so annoying in XY. ><

Last edited:

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
Years
My first encounter shiny in XY was right after the E4 right outside Vaniville. I found a shiny Fletchinder and I still have it xD.

MissDreavus

Cait Sith
Years
My first shiny in X was a Woobat that I found in the Glittering Cave while trying to find where the Alakazite was, back when I was a derpy noob who didn't even know what a shiny was and just flung a Quick Ball at it because it was sparkly. XD
No shinies yet on my copy of Y (which I've only had for a couple of months) but I've only done one ongoing playthrough so far in it, a WonderWedlocke, but no shinies yet. :(

I have found a couple safari shinies in X though, being an Ariados (which I screamed at due to serious Arachnophobia), Barbaracle, and a Tangelea. Totally random encounters for them all, with the first two happening on the same day, and the third a few months later when I felt like looking at my Kyurem's move animations. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My first encounter with a shiny was a shiny Karrablast! It wasn't too long after I was thinking if I was even going to find a shiny in this game or if it was going to be like third gen. I found it ahh... the route before the city with the final gym iirc. Later I asked a friend if they would trade with me so I could evolve is so now I have a shiny Escavalier that I might actually use someday for whatever. ♥

Since then I've gotten more shinies but they're either from the friend safari or chain fishing. I don't think I have found a random shiny since the Karrablast that wasn't one of the two.

Back