• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Mine was a shiny hoot hoot rout 29 in pokemon silver for gbc. I used him to the very end. My second was a Torkal in Runy and third was a Pidgy in Leaf Green. My other shinies were traded to me from there out. No luck in x and y......

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
My first shiny Pokémon in XY was a female Cubone in Glittering Cave that I encountered while level grinding there. It's become a standard member in my Kalos team and is fully EV trained.

And since others have shared their non-Gen 6 first shiny experiences too, my first every shiny Pokémon was back on Pokémon Crystal, sometime between Christmas and New Years that year (2001, I believe?). I was just wandering around the National Park, and found a little female Nidoran that popped out of the tall grass.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think mine was a Drowzee in either Silver or Crystal Version, though I wanna say it was Silver. I also had a shiny Krabby in that game, though I didn't know they were a big deal. I just saw the sparkles and was like "oh, cool" and caught them lol. I ran across a shiny Nidorina sometime later in Crystal but I had no Poké Balls, and it was when I learned how rare they are. I was just staring at my game for like 10 minutes like "why" lol.

As far as XY my first shiny was a Masuda Method bred Eevee like 2 weeks after the games came out.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 28, 2015
Mine was in Pokémon Y. I found a Metapod in the forest and thought I had a glitch then remembered the whole "shiny" Pokémon (I stopped playing Pokémon back in Silver/Gold). I still have it as a Butterfree, heh.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
my first encounter was yesterday! i was going to find a goomy around route 14 while i suddenly run into a shiny stunfisk, which is ironic considering that hes one of my least favourite pokemon out there LOL
idk what i should be doing with it now.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Mine was a shiny Luvdisc. I was trying out chain fishing and it was super easy to get and surprised me quite a bit.

I have never encountered a shiny before though by chance, or if I have, I haven't noticed yet.

Years
My first shiny encounter (apart from the red Gyarados) was way back in LeafGreen, about nine years ago. I was trying to catch Zapdos and boom, shiny. I managed to catch him and have since transferred him all the way to X. At least it went better than my second shiny encounter... blooming Selfdestruct.

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
Shiny Boldore in Black 2 while I was looking for an Eelektrik for my pokedex. Best day in my pokemon journey up to that point. Then in X/Y I found a shiny every day for a week.

Years
My first X/Y shiny encounter was a... shiny Horsea if I remember right. Not too impressive since chain fished shinies are quite a lot easier to get than others but I was still pretty excited. Unfortunately said Horsea will be sitting in my box until the end of time. ]:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I was just walking along a route when shiny mightyena was my first encounter (I was nuzlocking X), I used my masterball since it knew roar... went all the way to the Hall of Fame with it. That beautiful gold fur.

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Jarl of the PokeCommunity
Years
My first ever shiny was a Bibarel in the Platinum Marsh area, which I killed, because I was a stupid little kid. My second was a graveler I met while grinding my dratini in SoulSilver, and THAT used explosion. Then in a different SoulSilver playthrough I found a shiny pidgey prior to me obtaining pokeballs. T_T It wasn't until X/Y I finally was able to chain fish a shiny clawitzer and catch my first shiny. Now I have a box full. :)

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
About 2 days after getting Heartgold (I had already owned and beaten Soulsilver), I was in the soccer field because my brother had a soccer game. I brought my DS, but it was really hard to see because the sun was so bright and there was no shade, but I could see that I had just encountered a shiny Zubat in a cave! I almost fainted :D

Summers

Beginner IV breeder
Years
Although I have been playing Pokemon since Crystal, my first ever shiny encounter was actually last week on Y. It was a shiny Durant, which kinda excited and bugged me at the same time since I do not care for that pokemon. Caught it with a luxury ball and will keep it untouched in a PC box forever though... along with the shiny Metang I caught in a friend safari just two days later. :)

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
So basically, we've all had our harsh, unexpected or not-so-special Shiny encounters.

I've been reading all your comments and I see most of you didn't appreciate your first Shiny Pokemon, which is understandable looking at the Pokemon they were e_e

Did anyone get to check that specific Shiny with IV Man?

I bet even while Shiny, they didn't have more than 2 Perfect IVs.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
Years
I've actually never had a Shiny encounter... been playing since Generation I, and I've never had a shiny encounter. *cries*

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
My first was a shiny Nincada in Hoenn. I was looking for a Skitty. Good thing I didn't transfer it before I found out about Emerald cloning. I got 3 shiny pokemon from one XD Ninjask is so adorable in Amie C:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
My fist shiny in X and Y was a Luxray, which is one of my favorite Shiny Pokemon. I was so happy getting it!

My dream Shiny is a Sylveon with hidden ability.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
My first shiny encounter was soo amazing! It was after 454 hours of my very first pokemon game with shiny pokemon (Diamond version). I was training pokemon to complete my pokedex with the high leveled pokemon in the wild. I knew this could happen so I had both hypnosis and false swipe ready on my team, not to mention 100 of every type of ball (besides master and premier). I looked it up on veekun to make sure it didn't have Double Edge/Petal Dance to kill itself, and I took a full 10 seconds between each button press to make sure I didn't misclick. I preceded to save 20 times catching it. It was an unsightly Shiny Gloom. I caught her with a heal ball and evolved her into a beautiful Shiny Bellossom. {<3} Although not very strong, she's been my Sleep user for catching other shinies and rare pokemon ever since.

I once had a Shiny Forretress explode on me turn 1 during a randomizer. Alas that was not my first shiny, nor do I strongly attach myself to pokemon captured in roms, so I can't say I fully know how frustrating that was for you. D:

Back