• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
My first shiny in x and y was a ditto when I was hunting for ditto in the friend safari

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2016
mine was a floetta (or whatever the first evo is.) i forget the stats tho. it was after the first gym in that maze area outside of lumoise. never used it though b/c i severely disliked the fairy type (which i soon discovered was a bad decision).

JVS

The very best.
Years
Am I the only one that didn't find a shiny in the game? I haven't! None at all.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
=-=

i hated it, you know why?

I was in Victory Road, when I got in a horde battle, and would you look at that, one of them is a Shiny Geodude.

And just my luck, all of the other Geodude had to know fucking Magnitude :/

Since then, I haven't seen a shiny since :P AND THAT WAS ACTUALLY MY FIRST LEGIT SIGHTING OF A SHINY :(

Years
=-=

i hated it, you know why?

I was in Victory Road, when I got in a horde battle, and would you look at that, one of them is a Shiny Geodude.

And just my luck, all of the other Geodude had to know fucking Magnitude :/

Since then, I haven't seen a shiny since :P AND THAT WAS ACTUALLY MY FIRST LEGIT SIGHTING OF A SHINY :(

That also happened to me, my very first shiny of 2014, except it was on Route 18 instead and I couldn't knock out the other Geodudes in time before it was knocked out with Magnitude. I managed to find another in Terminus Cave a few months later, which I did catch.

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
Years
I actually haven't found one in X/Y yet. But I found some a while ago. Back when Heartgold/Soulsilver were 'groundbreaking' titles, I found a shiny magikarp. (I didn't know this was totally worthless) I was actually too young to realize what a shiny was. I didn't have any pokeballs either, so I just killed it. The horror was lost on me. Deciding to get to the bottom of this weird mystery, I fished for an hour. And then another hour. And then another hour. Until I found another shiny magikarp. I caught that son of a gun and trained it into a gyrados. I threw the red gyrados from the lake into a box when I found it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Found a shiny yanma and traded it to a guy with a shiny luvdisc. At least I caught it, better than in gen 5 when I killed a shiny bibarel.

JVS

The very best.
Years
My first Y shiny was not on a horde nor on a wild encounter. It was not on trade either. I went to reflection cave and collected some fossils. Then, I got them to the Fossil Lab and when I got my rampardos, I spotted something strange on him. He was not blue, he was pink! My first shiny was through a fossil revival! Never even thought it was possible, and when I searched for it, quite a feat to get a shiny from a fossil. I was happy.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I was in a normal friend safari grinding against Audino when I stumbled across the majestic creature ... shiny Dunsparce

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
My first shiny was a Wingull in Sapphire, training outside on Route 117? That one with the Day Care. I think I was hunting for Latias actually. I am embarassed to say I thought shiny Pokemon were just jokes that people made up like those youtube videos 'the legendary poopy' or 'dont press the b button' which I was insanely into back then. Now that I think about it why do people videotape their shinies evolving for youtube? .-.
Later on I found a NidoranF in a Gold emu, and a Vulpix in AS, I was accidentally chaining. XD I was trying to thief Charcoal from wild Vulpix to sell and accidentally chained about 5 or 6 of them and found a shiny one. XD As for Nido I was outside Goldenrod in my first Gold run and an Abra got away from me. Deciding not to be discouraged I went right back in the grass and found her. Save stated just in case but didn't crit hit her and managed to catch her....

I hadn't had any shinies in Y so I decided to try chain fishing, because PokeRadar, MM breeding, and DexNav don't work for me well. After about an hour or so in and on a chain somewhere around ten I found a shiny Shellder. XD Named him Geode. I literally just caught him, but my 3ds was dying so I decided to get on here and this popped up.

Edit: CAUGHT THE SHINY SKRELP I WANTED THE NEXT MORNING AND LOST MY Y GAME AFTER 3:/

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I found an Illumise in one of my Berry trees. "Ugh. Why'd it have to be this? Someone will want this somewhere *catch*" and I have since traded her off.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 1, 2015
Wow, memories...

My first ever shiny was a Shiny Druddigon. Yep, Druddigon.
I found it on the way through Victory Road and happen to stumble into it while going through one of the caves. I was immediately over the moon; it looked excellent compared to its usual colours. :D

But... y'know... I wasn't very experienced... X/Y was actually my first Pokemon game... and throughout the whole game I was told I need to lessen the Pokemon's health and catch it when it's low enough. So, when I tried attacking it with a Pokemon that was about 15+ levels more than the Druddigon...

It fainted. TTmTT

Hope to get another one sometime soon, mainly in a Friend Safari. :D Trust me, i've learned my lesson, lol. Sorry to hear about your Graveler, they can be real trolls with that Explosion and/or Magnitude. owo;

Years
My first shiny in X and Y that I actually caught in the game was my shiny snorunt c: It was a random encounter in my friend's safari and on my third pokemon in! It was quite a surprise but I do love her.

I think besides snorunt I did hatch a shiny furfrou but unfortunately I wasn't breeding for IV yet so the stats aren't that great so I traded him over to my alpha sapphire and made him a contest pokemon! He won master rank tough contest ;D

Years
My very first shiny encounter was an Illumise, which someone was willing to trade a shiny Linoone for.
All i had been doing was trying to hatch a few starters, and I accidentally drifted into the grass while I was looking up at my computer. I looked down and tried to leave the grass and ended up in a battle. As soon at it started i put the 3DS aside and turned my attentions back to my computer. Then I heard the chime and droped everything,
Didn't want to faint it... but it was ok, I caught it with my first great ball i threw. :P

K-A

Distancia Fantheem
Years
my fist shiny was a shiny gabite from breeding eggs though traded it for Yvetal
the second one was a shiny Eevee while i was looking for a female eevee, caught in a Luxury ball and just gave it to my friend

Back