• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How were we created?

How do you think we were created?

• Total voters

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
Years
  • Well, I think God created us. I used to think that we evolved from monkeys or whatever, but then I thought that if we evolved from them, how come the monkey's aren't still evolving into humans? But I didn't Google it yet so idk, lol.

Like I said before, humans never evolved from monkeys, it was a separate evolutionary split from a common ancestor, or so we have concluded. Monkeys will continue to evolve into different species of monkeys instead of humans, or so it goes.

And as for why they changed: simple "errors" in DNA (starting from germs and microbes) which just occur naturally (which is why we have diseases such as Down's Syndrome that we are born with) cause the creation of something a little bit different than its parent, but it eventually changes into something entirely different after enough "errors."

One thing that has always irked me about creationism is not the fact that the human race simply appeared at God's command, but the fact that no life outside of earth is mentioned (but then again, I am an atheist and have disagreed with the concept of creationism to start with, so...). Considering the vast size of the universe, it's more than likely that extraterrestrial beings exist. Only until recently (within a year ago), it was considered a sin under the Christian faith to believe in aliens because it directly contradicted the Bible, but it wasn't talked about much so as to dance around the views of a changing society.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • We did evolve from primates, that is to say Apes, actually. I believe a Chimpanzee's DNA is 99% the same as a human's, or somewhere around that mark.

We came to Earth on a meteor/comet as microscopic lifeforms and evolved from there. Simple.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    This is pretty much the same as my old thread but yeah, wtf xD
    Ehmm, I'm a believer of the Big Bang Theory.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I don't know, and to be honest, I don't really care. I'm not a religious person, and I don't really believe in "God," but I do honor the possibility of a "creator."

But given the choice, I would say that the "Big Bang" theory is probably the most scientifically accurate explanation.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I used to think that "God" could have created the Big Bang, but I recently was thinking about how rational the universe is, how there are physical laws that bind us to this level of existence. Everything can be brought back to science and logic. And then you see and read about God in the Bible, and he is not logical, not rational. How could a God like that create a universe with such order.

I like to believe that I'm looking for a greater truth in this universe, but I also believe that if this truth is god, than he is removed from our plane of existence. Also on that note, I don't think a being of a higher dimensional order can exist before the lower dimension do...

Back