• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you ask someone out?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • The wheels of off-topic have shifted once again.

How do you do the deed? Dirty and cheap? Professionally in hopes of more?

I'd break the ice with a stick of gum, and make conversation. If it goes somewhere, move into "do you want to hang out," if not it's ten cents wasted and no embarrassment. :P

inb4 horribly hilarious and punny one-liners, put that meat in your mouth, ayy gurl are u a ___ , dick in a box, and other lame jokes that you know are fun to read but ARE CHEAP POSTS OK DON'T DO IT

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • "Are you doing anything later? excuse excuse wanna hang out or something?"

Lucid

You guys should be more forthwith and ask, a little flattery goes a long way.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Never asked anyone out.

I get mostly "Wanna hang out sometime", "you busy this weekend?" and the most famous "Let's go grab a cup of coffee at starbucks or something."

Lucid

I mean, the closest I'd ever come to "asking someone out" is admitting that I like them or have a crush on them. What they choose to do with that is up to them because I don't want to come off weird or something by asking them out then and there. :P

Asking someone for a drink, coffee, dinner, ect, can be taken as a simple friendly interaction if you just ask casually. They probably won't make it into a big deal that way unless they like you too.

Lucid

I suppose you have a point. I still wouldn't be the person to ask first, because I'm far too shy for that. :P I'd admit my feelings for that person with honesty no problem (of course, this would only ever happen if I've known that person for a while), but....yeah. Not the type to go like "wanna grab a drink lol" because I don't want that being seen as hitting on them and I don't hit on people. >.>;;;

It can be as simple as "wanna watch blank? I have the new DVD." You'd surprise yourself. It's not aggressive or presumptuous, a simple little activity can go a long way, and when they say yes, you'll be pumped. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Strike some small talk over something random, compliment on how cute they look and ask them if they want to grab a coffee some time. Or eye them from a distance in a cute way (NOT creepy way ew) and see how it goes.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Asking someone for a drink, coffee, dinner, ect, can be taken as a simple friendly interaction if you just ask casually. They probably won't make it into a big deal that way unless they like you too.

I don't think so Tim. You have to have some sort of redeeming physical feature first or else they'll most likely just blow you off. Most people don't want to be seen out in public with someone they don't find visually appealing because that makes them look bad. Or maybe I just grew up with a bunch of assholes.

Lucid

I don't think so Tim. You have to have some sort of redeeming physical feature first or else they'll most likely just blow you off. Most people don't want to be seen out in public with someone they don't find visually appealing because that makes them look bad. Or maybe I just grew up with a bunch of assholes.

Who the hell is Tim? Confidence and wording is key, it's not always about what you say, but how you say it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't think so Tim. You have to have some sort of redeeming physical feature first or else they'll most likely just blow you off. Most people don't want to be seen out in public with someone they don't find visually appealing because that makes them look bad. Or maybe I just grew up with a bunch of assholes.
    I somewhat agree and disagree. I think it's less about the looks (I mean, of course that helps) but more about the confidence and body language. Confidence is an attractive feature and having the balls to politely ask someone out for a coffee or drink isn't unattractive in any means. Unless of course you're being a total creep about it. I'm with Lucid on this one.

Lucid

I somewhat agree and disagree. I think it's less about the looks (I mean, of course that helps) but more about the confidence and body language. Confidence is an attractive feature and having the balls to politely ask someone out for a coffee or drink isn't unattractive in any means. Unless of course you're being a total creep about it. I'm with Lucid on this one.

Nailed it. That's what I go for in men.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I don't think so Tim. You have to have some sort of redeeming physical feature first or else they'll most likely just blow you off. Most people don't want to be seen out in public with someone they don't find visually appealing because that makes them look bad. Or maybe I just grew up with a bunch of assholes.
    Who the hell is Tim? Confidence and wording is key, it's not always about what you say, but how you say it.
    In other words,
    How would you ask someone out?

Honestly, you gotta have either a TON of one or a good amount of both. Looks kindle the fire (ahah)

Back