• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How's it going, I mean, with your pokemon constantly getting pwned, kida sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Haha my Miltank dies all the time. I had one in Silver too. I beat the entire Elite Four with it alone. XD It took FOREVER though. I just kept replaying the Pokémon League until it fainted, then I went back again. I think it was lv 87 when I finally managed. (Of course I stocked up full restores and moo moo milks like crazy.)

Ok sorry that was sort of unrelated. For the moment my Paras is my hard core failure. Which is sad, because I love Paras, it's probably one of my favourite Pokémons together with Gloom and Vulpix. I'm going to breed a Paras instead I think, with Psybeam.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    I'm now unable to train as I didn't know the E4 got stronger after you beat Blue, and I certainly can't defeat Red. I have Lugia, Gengar and Feraligatr all lv.60 and a Lv.63 Dragonite. I also have all the legendaries excluding Groudon, and I have the Dragon Trio from platinum. Where the shoes can I train?

Just beat the re-run with lv50's and the lv70 Legendaries.
    Look up the rosters and set-up from there.

Will:
    Ho-oh's Sacred Fire kills his leading wall.
    Mewtwo or Gengar with Shadow Ball just rips through rest of team

Koga:
    Gyarados EQ his starter
    Proceed through rest of team with Mewtwo or Lugia with Psychic

Bruno:
    Mewtwo/Lugia with Psychic
    Lugia with Aeroblast

Karen:
    Ho-oh the lead with Sacred Fire
    Heracross with Mega Horn on Spiritomb and Close Combat rest of team, switch out on Houndoom if you think it will outspeed you and proceed with Surf or Hydro Pump.

Lance:
    This one's tougher. Let someone die to Salamence to avoid 1 Intimidate. You could potentially waste his Lum Berry or waste one of his Full Restores.
    Then, send out Gyarados and use 3-5 Dragon Dances depending on the level and nature on your Gyarados. Then Ice Fang to kill. Of course, you'll need lots of Hyper Potions and Full Restores.
    He will send out Gyarados next and try to Paralyze you. Should 2 hit KO with 2 STAB Waterfalls. Proceed to kill rest of team with Ice Fang and Waterfall (on Charizard)

Save before all of them, and EXP. Share whoever you want to train.

Years
    I've always loved Lickitung so I tried adding one to my team. The poor little guy is just awful in battle, there aren't many Pokemon he actually stands a chance against. :(

Lickilicky is not bad at all, I used it in Platinum as a mixed sweeper and he rips through a lot of things and is rather bulky. If I remember, he had Wring Out, Power Whip, Surf and Thunderbolt. Definitely not the best set but works.

And yes my Level 50 Sandslash is EV trained 252HP/252Atk/4Def and still gets OHKOed by Elite Four Xatu.

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    wow guyz, thx for makin dis mah mosht popular thread :D

Years
    What? Rival's got the idea, weak Pokemon are just dead weight. 3 pokes (in my case I've got ho-oh, lugia, and feraligatr) pretty much have the type coverage to hit just about everything in the game supereffectively (barring Spiritomb because it has no weakness anyways); the rest are just for decorating Bill's PC.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Damn how come every body is hating on Pidgeotto? I just got soul silver today and all i have is Quilava and a Pidgeotto so far i have been doing great, just got my 4th badge.

ahungryhamster

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    Weepinbell.

I used a Victrebell in my most recent Leaf Green playthrough, and it failed pretty hard. I ended up dropping it. Then I made the mistake of trying to use one again, this time in Soul Silver, and it failed as well. I also never got a Leaf Stone to evolve it (and still haven't), and it was just a pain to knock anything out with it.

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    Lotta Hating on victreebell, Sleep Powder + Sunny Day + Solar Beam makes he fairly decent. I used him with those moves since I got Sunny day in the goldenrod Radio Tower and have no complaints.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I love all the pidgy-family line hate goin' on in this thread. As someone who has never used a pidgey, like, ever, I say ha to all you fools who caught one.

Noctowl is the way to go with Psychic, Air Slash, Shadow Ball, and then like calm mind/hypnosis/fly/roost or some other filler move. Specially oriented flying type ftw!

...oh, wait, I forgot. Thats not the point of this thread xD
    As for my mon that I wish was better, it'd be my dunsparce. If I manage to get glare on something, then it's pretty raw. The only problem is that glare likes to miss, and he dies to everything even remotely strong =<

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    You guys must have been horrible at training Victreebel. The one I have is win.

Pokemon that has failed to live up to expectations: Raticate (I would say Bibarel but I didn't expect anything)

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Don't know why everyone is hating on Pidgeot it's a great pokemon, hell It's what i use the most and it's been killing everything left and right.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    EV'd Espeon
    EV'd Houndoom
    EV'd Dragoonite
    EV'd Vaporean

No, they don't fail for in-game battles.

However, the Dewgong and Altaria I trained to level 60-ish are both horrible. Not EV'd either.

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I personally think my Pokemon Rock ... with two small exceptions;

Garchomp Lvl. 100
    Blastoise Lvl. 100
    Dragonite Lvl. 93
    Dusknoir Lvl. 77
    Typhlosion Lvl. 70
    Venusaur Lvl. 63

Blastoise is not as powerful as you think ... It says on his description he's capable of taking hits, but most attacks own him ... even fire ones. And he usually can't 1 hit K.O a level 50 ... but he is great against fire, rock and ground Pokemon. :3

Venusaur is ... alright. I like that he's also poison, so that deals some good damage ... but he is also a little bit weaker then I thought he would be.

Other then that, I love my team.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I personally think my Pokemon Rock ... with two small exceptions;

Garchomp Lvl. 100
    Blastoise Lvl. 100
    Dragonite Lvl. 93
    Dusknoir Lvl. 77
    Typhlosion Lvl. 70
    Venusaur Lvl. 63

Blastoise is not as powerful as you think ... It says on his description he's capable of taking hits, but most attacks own him ... even fire ones. And he usually can't 1 hit K.O a level 50 ... but he is great against fire, rock and ground Pokemon. :3

Venusaur is ... alright. I like that he's also poison, so that deals some good damage ... but he is also a little bit weaker then I thought he would be.

Other then that, I love my team.

Well that usually depends on natures. I have a Blastoise and he's really good. As for the rest well of course they're good they're all OU (except for Typhlosion and venusaur.) In fact, Garchomp's uber =/

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Well that usually depends on natures. I have a Blastoise and he's really good. As for the rest well of course they're good they're all OU (except for Typhlosion and venusaur.) In fact, Garchomp's uber =/

Oh, right, I forgot about natures. That's probably why.
    Lul, Garchomp may be an uber, but he's still my luff.
    I think my Dragonite is better then Garchomp though ... :|
    Humm. Anyways, I trained them up to what they are now, so I really want them to give back what I gave to them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back