• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How's your Pokédex coming along?

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    Seen: 464
    Obtained: 200+

148/153 Unova

Mod note: Include four WORDS next time, I'll let you off this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd say it's going okay. I've seen 143 Pokémon and obtained 78 with the Unova Dex so there's really only a few more to see left. As for obtaining, I've been lacking on that half. :x

I believe my National Dex is coming along better, as I've seen 220 and obtained 101 Pokémon. I might start focusing on collecting Pokémon to at least complete my Unova Pokédex for the most while I'm playing throughout the game. I've never really completed my National Dex in any region, and it takes a lot of effort so maybe I'll try an attempt whenever I'm bored and feel like going on a catching spree, lol.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Unova Dex: 153 out of 153! :D

They are also all mostly stacked in order in my box except for the White exclusive Legends, which I'll wait for Grey to get, and Whimsicott and Archen whom I traded out. :)

National Dex I'm not going to touch. I am however completing it over 3 games. PtHG(with the help of SS) and now Black :) My Sinnoh one is more or less done, it's Stunky and Glameow's lines I have issues with. Also I need Rampardos and it's pre-evo. I'll complete the Hoenn Dex when the re-makes come out, and then when I'm done, I'll move them all to my Grey game. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Seen: 130
    Owned: 97

Looks like I'm on a roll here. This even includes the first form of the Unova starters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    natdex - seen 475. Obtained ~200

Mod note: Four actual -words- would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    I just completed my Unova dex, and now I'm working on my national dex. I think my total caught is somewhere in the 320's.

Years
    I'm not that far in the game yet. But so far;

Unova:
    Seen: 74
    Obtained: 51

I just try to catch every pokémon I see, because I feel it adds more challenge to the game than catching all pokémon after beating the story. x)

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    to complete my unova dex i need a mandibuzz.
    all together Ive seen 411. i think thats decent for not trying to really hunt for pokemon.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    National Dex at 518 seen, 382 owned. The only Unova Pokemon I haven't seen (besides event-only) are Vullaby/Mandibuzz, Tornadus, and Landorus, simply because the people I know with Black that I see on a regular basis (i.e., my little brother and one friend who just got it today) aren't that far in yet. But I have a huge number of Pokemon that have been sent over from Platinum/HeartGold, which gave me a huge boost.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Making some decent progress with my Unova 'dex atm, seeing as I never managed to complete any of the other pokedexes, so far I've seen around 145 and caught 111, it's just a matter of evolving some pokemon now and trading to get the other starters and black exclusives. Then maybe I can consider trying the national dex... O.o

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    After massive Poketransfer, My Pokedex Caught count become 139. It will be douled if I got the time to evolve them all.

koji8123

PKMN Collector
    Years
    Still working diligently.

Unova Pokedex
    Seen:148 Need yet to see: Ferrothorn, Vullaby, Zweilous, Tornadus, Landorus
    (note: from trade I'll breed Vullaby, and I will evolve Ferroseed, and Deino today.)
    Obtained: 94

National Pokedex
    Seen: 443
    Obtained: 213

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    Currently (National dex):
    Seen-307
    Caught-235

Not bad at the moment. Trying to get match my seen and caught

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Mine is still pathetic but now that I have beaten the game it is my goal to collect all the pokemon I can.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No motivation to complete pokedex...

I completed the pokedex in Soul Silver (with the exception of Electivire) (On a side note, I was hoping to evolve my own Electabuzz but Cerulean Cave just drives me mad so If anyone wants to trade one (to Soul Silver) I'll take it off your hands :p)

Now though it seems like I'm finding it hard to do it all again with White, even though since I have the original DS and 3DS it would simply be a case of migrating them over. However I don't want to migrate them over exactly...I'm hoping to breed in Soul Silver and send their migrate their offspring so I'll still have one in Soul Silver.

Is anyone like this? Like you've done it already (well almost) doing it the second time just feels even more scary. It feels hard to get the same buzz and fire I had doing it the first time. Even though I feel like I want to do it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can understand where you're coming from even though I don't have that particular issue myself, because this is the first time I've cared about Pokedex completion. But if in a few years a 3DS generation of Pokemon came out with all new Pokemon, I can't see myself wanting to complete that Pokedex as well.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    I will always want to complete my Poke'Dex, it pretty much shows I rule around here to all of my friends; I'm all about competition. Besides, I like training at least one (if not more) of a Pokemon :,)

Back