• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How's your Pokédex coming along?

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
  • I've seen all of the Unova Pokemon minus the non released events and my national dex is at 411 seen. That's because I stole everything from my HeartGold lol.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i havent got the national dex yet but here is my current dex info
    i have seen:134
    caught:56

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Way better than previous gens. I don't think I've ever actually gotten round to completing even a local dex before, but this time I've got 142 Seen and 102 Obtained in 2 weeks.

All I have left to see are legendaries and evolutions and they also make up a hefty proportion of what I have left to capture.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Still have my Unova dex. I'm going through Victory road and I've seen 112 Pokemon and obtained 49. Pretty good I guess. I will finish my Unova dex when I beat the Elite 4.

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    I have the grand total of three pokemon. I guess its time for me to start catching some more,eh?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • At the moment:

Pokemon seen: 137
    Pokemon obtained: 27

I'm not doing too bad.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Excluding the legendaries and also Cryogonal and Archen. I have the basic form of every Unova pokemon and a couple of evolved forms.

Unova Dex:
    Seen - 145
    Obtained - 89

National Dex:
    Seen - 298
    Obtained - 127

I waited to start catching most of the pokemon until after I beat the main storyline. The list above is bound to grow tonight as I've just discovered Abundant Shrine.

This will take a big leap I'd bet when I get access to the dream world and I get the 3DS so I'll be able to migrate pokemon from my soul silver (which dex is almost full except for three pokemon: Politoad, Slowking and Electivire)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Beat Elite Four today and have been training quite a bit. Found one Sage in Relic Castle. Caught Volcarona and got the Earthquake TM (which was my purpose for going to Relic Castle in the first place, not knowing about the Sage or Sun God Pokemon)

Unova Seen: 144
    Unova Caught: 62

National Seen: 165
    National Caught: 70

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I just started out so I've seen like 35 and captured/evolved like 20? Don't have the game right next to me, but I think that is close.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm planning to complete most of the Unova Dex by the Elite Four, and catch the ones I can't after it.

So,
    Seen: 121, Obtained: 103

:)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm slowly filling the Unova Dex. I'm undecided whether I'll fill the National Dex afterward. I don't really want to transfer anything up to 5th gen and I already completed it in 4th gen so it wouldn't really be a big challenge or anything. :s Anyway.

Unova Dex
    Seen: 142
    Obtained: 108

National Dex
    Seen: 189
    Obtained: 123

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • @Forever: Have you found that you can catch most of the evolved forms of Pokemon later in the game...like the common ones you can catch earlier in the game...I really don't want to spend time training those guys cause I never like going through the game with them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • @Forever: Have you found that you can catch most of the evolved forms of Pokemon later in the game...like the common ones you can catch earlier in the game...I really don't want to spend time training those guys cause I never like going through the game with them.
    I've done most of my dex completion from catching Pokémon rather than raising them. You can get a looot of evolved forms by searching the shaking grass, though most of them have like a 5% rate of appearance. :P So if you're lazy like me and have a lot of patience for biking back and forth next to grass, that's an option too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @Forever: Have you found that you can catch most of the evolved forms of Pokemon later in the game...like the common ones you can catch earlier in the game...I really don't want to spend time training those guys cause I never like going through the game with them.

I've done most of my dex completion from catching Pokémon rather than raising them. You can get a looot of evolved forms by searching the shaking grass, though most of them have like a 5% rate of appearance. :P So if you're lazy like me and have a lot of patience for biking back and forth next to grass, that's an option too.

Omg Thundurus is in this rou--off-topic, anyway, yeah I'm just going to evolve the Pokemon rather than catch them afterwards, it shouldn't take too long tbh. After that I should be able to mostly complete the pokedex.

Back