• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydroxylapatite Version

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • Zephyr Chapter

They Don't Make This Man Sing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"right. And no."

Witthoefft stared at the unsatisfying text. The word "right" sounded like it was meant sarcastically, but you know how it is with writing. You never know how someone is saying it unless something's in italics. But, maybe Adelle was tired, and that's all she wanted to manage. Does that mean he should stop texting her and let her sleep? Though, he didn't want to give the notion he was blowing her off.

"Hoot." The bird cooed.

Witthoefft looked at him oddly, wondering if Confucius was reading his thoughts. It was part Light-Type. The teen looked down in thought for a second before going back to his PokeGear.

"I still got Connie here with me. He's pretty interesting company. Anyways, where do you want to eat in the morning? Maybe the Inn serves complementary breakfast." He wrote and then sent.

A loud sigh came from below him. Darren?

"Hey Witty?" Darren said in a strangely sad tone.

"Yeah?" Witthoefft replied, curious.

"I'm sorry for being overprotective earlier, mate."

"That's okay," Witthoefft said, feeling a bit better about his friend.

"It's just- I 'aven't been with someone like you in a long time. I think you're one cool guy."

Witthoefft smiled. That was so nice! "You're pretty awesome yourself."

Darren chuckled and said no more for the moment. Witthoefft closed his eyes while he grinned. Despite people fussing in their rooms, this place had a very relaxing air about it. Sleep was just about to grab Witthoefft when-

Flah.

Witthoefft shot his eyes wide open. The sound wasn't really that loud by itself, subtle really, but it was amplified thanks to the silence.

"Uh.... Darren?" Witthoefft quietly asked.

"Npth?" Darren grumbled. "What?"

"What was that sound?"

"Nothing important," Darren replied simply.

Well there goes my sense of security.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Adelaide Thomas

4.1 Ladies in their Sensitivities

Adelle had rolled over once more, cradling Pythagoras in her arms like how a baby sleeps with a plush toy. Calypso had moved on the other side as well so Adelle could hold them both. She wasn't concerned about rolling on them in her sleep; she was kind of a silent sleeper. Didn't move much, didn't dream much. Or she just couldn't remember them. Her eyes snapped open as her PokéGear chimed. It was Witt. Again. Okay, cool.

I still got Connie here with me. He's pretty interesting company. Anyways, where do you want to eat in the morning? Maybe the Inn serves complementary breakfast.

She frowned at it. Okay, so maybe he wasn't ditching her. Still, she felt resentment because of the fact he had left her in this room with this guy. I mean, it was no big deal. They were sleeping in different beds in a room together. As long as the guy didn't have night terrors, she would be okay. Still... company was still nice. Friendly company, she might add. She switched the phone back to silent, being a little courteous towards her bunkmate, then tapped back a reply.

anywhere, as long as it's not fish. She smiled at her little joke and closed her eyes again.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Tyler lay there reading and holding the sleeping Isa when his phone began to vibrate. He looked at the number and got to his feet.
    "Pardon me," he said as he walked out of the room and answered the phone.
    "Yeah Nick, what'd you find out?" Tyler asked.

"Okay, so, Tyler, I managed to find someone that matched your description. If these two are in fact the same person, your guy is a fella named Darren Fischer. Yeah, the guy wasn't wearing a shirt, you said? Tell me about it! Every single photo I found of him was shirtless or with only an unzipped sweatshirt. Anyway, looks like he's twenty-two, and lived in Olivine before heading out for a journey. Lived in Hoenn before moving to Johto in his Junior year of High School. Let's see.... guy's life was swimming. Only child. Average student. He went out with friends usually. Actually, scratch that, he didn't really have friends so much as acquaintances..... no girlfriends, either. No criminal history, no real dirt. Why'd you make me search up a pseudo-nudist?"

Tyler frowned. That was less than helpful. What a clown!
    "You know what? Why did I ask you? You're supposed to be the best! Whatever. Thanks for nothing," Tyler said as he hung up his phone. He walked back into his room and saw the look on Adelle's face. He almost wanted to try and make her feel better, but then he remembered some of what she had said. She still had yet to apologise, so he really didn't care how she was feeling at the moment. And then there was the whole making him take the blame in the fish place. He hadn't forgotten that either. But, that kind of was his fault. He had followed her and Witt in there. Oh well. He lay back down on his bed and tried to go to sleep.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Zephyr Chapter

Breathing Lightly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witthoefft immediately grabbed his PokeGear when it chimed and read it, since he had to have something take his mind off his "Not Important" sound.

"anywhere, as long as it's not fish." The text said.

Hehe. Well at least Adelle was still up for making jokes. The text lightened his mood and released tension within Witthoefft. The teen felt kind of bad for suspecting Darren of.... well, whatever he suspected Darren of. Maybe the noise was Darren shifting in bed and the covers moving, thus making it understandably "Not Important." Or maybe the shirtless goof was just messing with him. Witthoefft pondered a bit at Darren's words. Maybe Darren was acting weird because he felt lonely on his journey so far? Darren was alone when they met.

"Funny. XD; Hey, let's do something nice for Darren tomorrow. I have a feeling he's just lonely. We should cheer him up! You got any ideas?" Witthoefft texted back to Adelle.

After putting his PokeGear down, Witthoefft examined the Pokémon surrounding him. Confucius was wide awake; justifiably, too. Hoothoot were nocturnal. Vici had squeezed herself in between the bed railing and his leg and cuddled herself to sleep. And as for the Remoraid....

Is it dead?!

Witthoefft poked his temporary companion. The Remoraid slightly screeched in surprise, and then shot Witthoefft a dirty look.

"Heh. Sorry," he whispered to it. "Making sure you're okay."

The Remoraid chirped again and closed it eyes once more. But it looked like it was deceased! You couldn't even see it breathing.

Well, then again, it was a fish. Only some fish have lungs. Did Remoraid? Witthoefft took his PokeGear once more and entered the PokeDex option. He pointed at the fish.

It forcefully squirts water. The water jet never misses prey even if the Remoraid is deep in the sea.

....Not really what I asked, but, I guess the more I know about it the better?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Adelaide Thomas

4.2 Ladies in their Sensitivities

"Nrrggh," she groaned as she felt her PokéGear vibrate again. Can't a girl get a little sleep? It was late, they had a fantastically big night with a giant anti-climax and she was betting tomorrow was going to be just as busy. She pulled her PokéGear out and looking at it with bleary eyes. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, then she slowly read it.

Funny. XD; Hey, let's do something nice for Darren tomorrow. I have a feeling he's just lonely. We should cheer him up! You got any ideas? Oh, great, so the conversation had bounced back to Darren? One moment he's suspicious of him, the next he wants to throw a party for him. It took most of her strength to type a text back one handed, but she managed. Just.

idk we can go to the beac in the moning hes a surfe isnt he?

Putting her PokéGear away, she made herself comfortable again and closed her eyes. It didn't take long for sleep to take her. This time, if Witthoefft sent her a text back, she would definitely be too asleep to notice it.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    -Book One: Zephyr Badge-

The Power of Hand-clapping Maneuvers

______________________________________________________________________​

Rile made his way steadily north, Tyr trailing behind him silently. After losing one his sneakers to the spongy earth for the fourth time, he had chosen to head to Blackthorn, which was the second closest city to here, where it would hopefully be less humid. Tyr had, apparently, decided that he was the 'weak but wise mentor' type, much to Rile's chagrin. That hadn't been at all the message he had been trying to convey; it had been more like 'I know I'm lazy but I'm not completely incompetent so deal with it'. They'd avoided wandering in the tall grass, because the last thing Rile wanted to do was do battle with one of his shoes full of brown sop.

He suddenly stumbled as his foot hit a hard surface--a rock, or maybe a large twig buried underneath the swampy slime, and, arms flailing, he landed face-first in the mud. For a second he just lay there on his stomach, Tyr staring at him. Then he leapt back up, sputtering. That mud was disgusting! Well, he supposed mud usually was, but mud didn't usually taste like a mixture of sour milk, growing grass, bitter onions and beasts. The thought that since they both looked like brown sludge, it was entirely possible for him to have gotten a faceful of collective Pidgey droppings instead of mud didn't help any. He grimaced as he looked down. His entire front looked like it had been slobbered by dung-colored...dung.

'Good thing I brought spare clothes,' he muttered under his breath. He had protested loudly when his mother had first brought the idea up, but now he was quite thankful. He didn't feel like doing the rest of his journey looking like this...or like standing around in his boxers as he hand-washed his clothes in the nearest river or stream he could find (which, now that he thought of it, would be very bad for whichever poor person was drinking from the same water, somewhere down-stream). Still, he wasn't looking forward to arriving at the Pokemon Center.

Tyr made a sound that sounded remarkably like a stifled snort. Rile raised his eyebrows at him. It looked like he had a sense of humor after all. Then a loud squawk was heard overhead just as the ground was temporarily cast in shadow. Squinting, Rile made out a small shape with wings...his heart sank...it was swooping down towards them...ridiculously fast too.

'Duck!' he yelled as he pulled his cap tightly over his head. A moment later, something crashed beside him, sending up a wave of splattering mud. Rile opened his eyes cautiously. Thankfully, none of it had gotten into them. Tyr seemed to be fine, too. Dirty and covered in mud, but fine.

The Pidgey screeched again as it ruffled its feathers, getting the slime off of them. It eyed Rile sharply, then whirled around to face Tyr. Apparently deeming him a threat, it unfurled its wings and sent a blast of wind towards him. Tyr flinched slightly as it hit him; he stumbled backwards, his feet slipping in the mud. The Pidgey seemed to spot an opportunity, and with another shriek, slammed into him. A bird's bones necessarily being hollow in order to be capable of flight, the Tackle didn't do that much damage, but it was enough to make Tyr lose the last of his fragile balance. He was swept off his feet and, with a thud, landed hard on his back. His fall was thankfully cushioned by the thick mud; Rile had no idea what to do if his only Pokemon's spine was damage, except run like hell towards the nearest Pokemon Center.

However, it also kept him from getting up. Rile watched, frozen, as Tyr tried to scramble back to his feet, only to slip again. He saw the Pidgey dive in for another Tackle; thankfully, Tyr also noticed, and swung a fist wildly as he fought to keep his balance. The punch missed, of course, but the Pidgey had had to swerve to the right to avoid it, so at least the Tyrogue was safe for now.

'Use Helping Hand!' Rile said, absolutely bewildered with the situation. What should he do...what was he supposed to do? It was like his mind simply couldn't concentrate on the task, because it had been brought to it so abruptly and so suddenly... Focus! he thought. But the more he tried to come up with a decent strategy, the more the ideas seem to escape his grasp, slipping through his mental fingers like water.

Tyr shot him a desperate look, then clapped his hands in that strange way that augmented one's physical strength. He was interrupted before he could finish, though, by the Pidgey swooping in again, snapping its beak menacingly. Tyr just barely managed to avoid the attack aimed at his throat (that was one violent Pidgey, Rile thought dazedly). It ended up grazing his arm, and Rile's insides froze at the sight of blood.

He had never minded blood, really. His parents had eight liters of it inside their bodies between them, and he had a a few himself, so he found fear of it quite silly, considering it was kind of like a person's life force. But he was a Pokemon breeder. At least, he'd always identified himself as such. A Breeder was one who specialized in the care of Pokemon; a Breeder hatched a Pokemon, raised, nurtured it, fed it, washed it, trained it, made sure it was healthy. And here was his Pokemon, his one and only starter that he had received just a day ago, when he had been just an egg Professor Elm had entrusted to him and trusted him to take care of. Tyr was a newborn--Rile should have explained the way things worked to him, taught him basic skills, and made sure that there were no problems with his body or psyche. Maybe it was the way he had acted: how mature, how dedicated he had seemed, full of discipline and resolve he seemed to have been born with--but instead, one day later and he was already in the middle of his second battle, when Rile had taught him nothing, and he had nothing but his instincts to rely on.

Rile scrabbled with his belt an pulled out Tyr's Pokeball, now filled with a completely new and foreign feeling: panic. 'Tyr, return!'

Tyr gave him a look, almost hurt, and Rile knew he had just made things even worse. The red beam missed by a foot as Tyr rolled to the side as the Pidgey shot at him again. Its claws raked its sides, ripping through the strange fabric that all Tyrogue's 'pants' were made of. Tyr clutched the bleeding scratch marks protectively, hunching over to preserve his balance. But the Pidgey screeched and sent another Gust at him. Tyr let out a sort of wheezing gasp as he was buffeted by the wind, falling to one knee in the earth. Rile realized belatedly that during the fight, they had moved closer to the edge of the forest; the two Pokemon were now fighting in the tall grass, the very same that Rile had been avoiding since early morning.

No, it wasn't much of a fight. Rile noticed that each time Tyr seemed to gather his determination and somehow find his balance, a whirlwind would knock him back down, leaving him open to physical assault.

Rile saw the Pidgey close in again after another Gust. 'Use Tackle just before he hits!' He hoped his voice didn't sound as shaky as he felt. 'It's all right, you're bigger!' That last part was supposed to be reassuring. It didn't work, he discovered, as Tyr ignored his instructions and tried to catch the Pidgey's beak in his hands in what Rile could only assume to be some sort of kung fu technique. It failed, as was expected, and Tyr gave a yelp as the bird Pokemon bit down on his fingers. It seemed to have realized that its Tackles didn't hurt much, so it had opted to use its sharp beak and talons instead.

It's not working, Rile thought frantically. He was starting to become dizzy with all the strange thoughts and ideas that were buzzing around all over the place in his head. Somehow he didn't think the buzzing was normal. He doesn't trust me.

The number on step for anybody working with a Pokemon, no matter if it was Trainer, Coordinator, or Breeder, was to earn your Pokemon's trust. A happy and respectful relationship was essentially for a Pokemon to grow healthy and strong. And Tyr obviously didn't think much of him now...

Rile stared at the ground as more thoughts were crammed in--he couldn't remember the last time he'd thought of so many things at once, it was more than a brainstorm--and, strangely, that odd, isolated part of him that was still in lazy stupor thought about the mud he'd got in his mouth and how bad it had tasted--the last thing that had happened before this, actually...

It was like somebody had flicked a switch inside his brain. He blinked. All the other thoughts seemed to vanish like shadows under a flashlight. It was a crazy idea, but hey, he'd tasted that mud, and it was nasty.

He bent down and scooped up a handful of mud. He glared at the Pidgey hovering a few feet over Tyr's head, trying to a surprise attack, no doubt, and lobbed it. Miraculously, it hit, colliding with the bird's wing with a loud, wet splat. Squawking in surprise, it fell to the ground. Tyr froze. He looked back uncertainly at his trainer, as though not quite sure what to do or what to think of it.

Rile, on the other hand, felt absolutely bizarre. In a way, he felt normal. But he'd never felt this kind of panic before, or these small spikes of anger. 'Now's your chance! Tackle it!'

Tyr seemed to come to a decision and, just as the Pidgey was getting up, threw himself at it. Rile had been right earlier: Tyr was much larger and heavier than the wild Pidgey, which was small and scruffy, and the impact hardly fazed him but sent the Pidgey rolling through the trees.

Rile paused, thinking fast--much faster than he was used to. 'Let's follow him into the forest! The trees--the trees'll hinder its movements, and they'll provide cover for you too.' He was unused, after all these years, to having to explain his motives and reasoning behind the decisions he took and the things he did. Perhaps that was where he had gone wrong.

Tyr seemed to linger a bit, then clenched his fists and ran into the woods after the Pidgey, without looking backwards. Rile fought back the sharp sting of anxiety and what he could only assume were jittery nerves. He'd never panicked like this before. Then again, he had never put himself in situations where he would panic. His parents' reactions to his grades were anticipated, expected; he'd never felt fear for the huge, feral Arcanine his neighbor kept in the backyard next to theirs, because he knew for a fact that its leash would not allow it to come all the way to the fence where he was observing it; he hadn't felt nervous before his exams because he had known with clear certainty that he would not fail his year, and that was all that had mattered to him.

As he entered the 'forest' (which was really just lines of thick trees) for the first time, he knew he'd made the right decision. The ground here was covered in leaves, and the soil was much dryer. There were low-hanging branches that would impede a Wind-type's movements and plenty of places to hide behind.

Tyr spotted the Pidgey first. Scowling, he shuffled around, looking for a projectile, perhaps imitating his trainer from a few moments ago. His three-fingered hand closed around a smooth pebble, and he lunged it fiercely at the bird Pokemon. It missed, and the Pidgey jerked back in alarm as it felt it fly by. It craned its neck to look at its assaillants; upon spotting Rile, it gave what sounded like a growling chirp (however that worked), and Rile realized that it couldn't open its beak. Or rather, it could, but the taste of the mud was obviously disgusting even for a bird.

The Pidgey flapped its wings in frustration, generating another Gust. We have to neutralize it somehow, Rile thought as both he and Tyr ducked behind trees. But there was no way to stop the thing from using Gust...unless...

'Tyr!' he said. The Tyrogue eyed him, slightly wary but willing to listen. 'I need you to--to use Helping Hand. On the Pidgey. Can...you do that?' Tyr looked at him like he was crazy. 'It'll stop it from using Gust! You know--that, that wind attack.' He was definitely not the best at explanations. 'Look...just trust me on this one, okay?'

For the longest time Tyr seemed to just stare at him, an undecipherable expression in his golden eyes. Then, slowly, he nodded. It was small and curt--barely more than a tiny bob of the head--but it was good enough for Rile.

As Tyr clapped his hands in a complex rhythm, the Pidgey, which had been flying right towards their hiding place, stopped suddenly in mid-air. Then it gave a flap of its wings, riser much higher than it should have, and did a loop in the air happily. Its keen eye discerning the top of Rile's hat from the rest of the green foliage, it gave a sort of in-its-throat screech and shot at him like an arrow, even faster than before. In fact, Rile just barely ducked in time. Thankfully, his hat had floated down slowly and the Pidgey had missed that as well.

'Over here!' he told Tyr as he grabbed his hat and ran to a puffy bush of prickly brambles. 'When it charges at you,' he told the Beast-type, 'step away at the last second. Clap while you're at it. You've got to get in one good hit. That'll create an opening.'

Tyr nodded tersely, then refocused on the Pidgey. He took a broken branch lying at his feet and threw it at the bird. The Pidgey, of course, evaded it, but it seemed to be more than slightly irritated at people constantly throwing things at it. Feeling invigorated by its new found strength, it switched targets and threw itself at Tyr, who tensed. Right as he was about to be hit--Rile actually winced as he thought that it was too late--he threw himself aside, and the Pidgey crashed into the thorny thicket.

There was a loud screech, then strange, strangled chirps that might have been the bird equivalent for spitting or choking, and the brambles started shaking, as though their prisoner was writhing all over the place in an attempt to get free.

'The clapping!' Rile said, feeling nervous again. It was definitely an unpleasant sensation, having butterflies in your stomach (a phrase he hadn't really understood until now).

Tyr started. He seemed more surprised at the fact that he had forgotten than anything else. Nevertheless, he started up his hand-clapping sequence again. It might have been Rile's imagination, but this one seem to last far longer than the others he had heard. It dragged on and on until, with one last tug, the Pidgey broke free of the bramble bush as half of it was ripped off to its roots. Rile blinked. Helping Hand really did give a boost in strength.

He realized a second later that the clapping had stoppped. In fact, while the Pidgey was busy twirling in the air in joy for finally finding its freedom, having momentarily forgotten its two opponents, Tyr had assumed a kung fu pose. At least, Rile thought it was a kung fu pose. It looked less like those random poses his bumbling classmates had got into whenever they imitated martial arts. Which, he supposed, was probably a good thing.

Tyr let out a snarl, the most sound Rile had ever heard from him. He was stunned for a brief moment, having been so used to his partner's silence that he had nearly forgotten that he was also a Pokemon like any other. The Pidgey, its attention brought back to the two of them, seemed to scowl (if birds could scowl). Then, without warning, it sped towards Tyr like an oversized arrow. Tyr narrowed his eyes, raised his arm, then brought it down the instant the Pidgey came without range. Rile couldn't help but give an impressed whistle. Tyr, he noticed, had a very developed sense of timing. That was probably why his Helping Hand was so effective.

The Pidgey squawked, wings fluttering madly, as it crashed into the forest floor, rolling over a bit. Not giving his adversary time to recuperate, Tyrogue went in for another attack, this time a full-body tackle. With an extremely audible thump, the Pidgey was sent flying even farther. Wanting to make sure, or maybe he was getting his revenge for all the scrapes the bird had put on him, Tyr followed it. There was another thump. Rile blinked. Then he poked his head around a tree obstructing his vision. Sure enough, the Pidgey was unconscious. Probably not for long, but fainted was fainted and that meant Tyr had won.

The Tyrogue was standing breathlessly in front of his foe's crumpled form, panting hard with exhaustion. Rile felt a mild, far-away sensation of exultation before clear focus came crashing down on him again.

'Tyr,' he said. He thought he ought to say something encouraging. 'Con...gratulations.' Tyr nodded fervently. Rile couldn't help but notice the many cuts on his purple skin. 'You really beat it. I guess it was a much tougher fight than our last.' He looked down at the Pidgey. 'He--she--it, whatever, still messed you up pretty badly though. I think you should stay in your Pokeball until we get to the next Pokemon Center. It's not far away,' he added, seeing the look on Tyr's face. 'Pretty soon we'll be in Blackthorn, then you'll be good as new. All right?'

Tyr crossed his arms and nodded grudgingly. Everybody has limits, after all. Rile smiled in relief and clicked the large button on the red-and-white Pokeball. It sprang open, enveloping Tyr in bright red light, sucked him in, then closed with a click.

Rile let out a breath he knew he had been holding. He slumped against the trunk of a tree, backpack dropping off his shoulders as he slid to the ground. He noticed he was still covered in mud from earlier.

'I think I have a headache,' he murmured.

[OOC]: FINALLY. And crappy not really character development. :S Uh, I guess Riley has attention problems.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Zephyr Chapter

Rest Now My Friend

"idk we can go to the beac in the moning hes a surfe isnt he?"

The text was hard to read a first, with Witthoefft questioning what the words "beac," "moning," and "surfe" meant until he deciphered what words they actually were supposed to be. And where are all the apostrophes?! Adelle must've been getting wicked tired. Best to let her sleep.

With a sigh, Witthoefft snuggled into the covers of the bed after placing his PokeGear back into his sweatshirt's pouch. He didn't know about the beach idea, but.... something will come to him eventually.

His body eventually became very relaxed and still. Sleep finally was getting a hold on the teen's-

"Hoot." Confucius interrupted.

Ugh.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    Ivan was nodding off in the comfortable arm chair with the egg case and Element wrapped in each arm. However he was woken up by the conversation, or argument, which ever it was, being held in the common room. There were the two men from earlier and the kid he had seen as he exited the hospital earlier. From what he heard; shorty was a little **** and the other two were a bit protective. Well, people had their differences and Ivan was unaware of what the argument was founded upon, so he wouldn't judge.

Ivan looked about the room trying to find something to keep him occupied. Normally he stayed up late talking to people but so far he hadn't meant much of anyone on this journey. He saw nothing but heard a ruckus coming from the stairwell. Three teens emerged, griping about something or another. "Ugh, I can hear my stomach growling." "Such selfish people." "Who'd do something like that." Ivan grew curious of what all three could possibly be grieving about, but it was obvious it was about food. " 'Scuse me, but what happened?" He chimed in. "Some released all the pokemon at the restaurant down by the beach." "Now no one can order any of the fish dishes until they restock, which could be 'round a week." "Man, I was guna have the shellder bisque, too!" The three trudged off to their shared room, leaving Ivan to ponder the situation.

It was certainly something to do, so he set off for the shoreline with Element following closely behind. He hadn't noticed it before, but then again he was only down at one end of the beach for the short time. He walked north to see a building hanging out over the water. There was a police line taped around the restaurant now; accompanied by a plethora of officer Jenny. Looked like no one was getting in now. He wondered if any of the fluid types were still nearby, hiding for the time being.

Ivan walked along the shore, keeping his distance from the restaurant to make sure he wasn't of suspicion. It was growing ever darker, the stars and moon illuminating the beach. Nothing was in sight, but there were splashes just off shore; probably just magikarp feeding. The next thing he new he was flat on the ground, nose in the sand. Tripping over random things seemed to be a reoccurring theme in this adventure of his. Element only gave a slight chuckle, he was too tired to be full out laughing. Once again he picked himself up, brushed himself off and examined what he tripped over this time. It was the unmistakeable clam pokemon shellder. He jumped back, readying himself for battle with Element by his side.

The little pokemon was trying to wiggle itself away from a battle; it didn't want to be captured after just being released. Ivan felt a little bad for it, but he desperately needed to expand his team. All we had so far was Element and an egg, an egg containing a mystery pokemon. "Element, use quick attack!" The elekid yawned, without a word dashing toward the purple outline. He had just thought of something moments before the attack connected. "Element! Grab 'em and rush 'em into the shallows." The static that coursed through his fur should create a little shock that should do some extra damage. Element did as told, grabbing the shell, rushing it to the shallows and slamming it into the sand. Small static shocks transfered from one pokemon to another. The little shelder wouldn't give up without a fight, using water gun to blast the little yellow ball of fur off of it.

Element had been knocked off into the sand by the sudden blast of water. He shook his head to regain his balance. Now that the shellder was in the water it was moving a bit faster. "Element, reel em back in, then slam him into the ground!" Element followed orders once again. He dashed out to the pokemon using quick attack, dodging another quick water gun. The elekid grabbed the back of the shellder, hurling it back to the shore as if he were competing in a discus event. It came crashing to the ground where Element met it with another instinctive quick attack. The poor thing bashed into the sand again where it gave out a weak cry. Ivan took out a pokeball and threw at the purple shelled pokemon, hoping it'd soon be his.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    The Fishy on the Dishy Wishy.

"Marzo! Give me my bag back, you...you..." he couldn't think of an insult for him. The first thing that came to his mind was pig...but that was what Reggie called him.

"Oh, right. Sorry Chris. " he grumbled as his stomach rumbled. "Man, I'm hungry." he darted off in the opposite direction. Chris cringed as he watched the bag dangle from the boy's speeding body. He prepared to run after him but decided to walk instead. He was a large boy, how far could he go?

It turned out he could go far enough that if Chris stopped running, Marzo would disappear from view. After two rights and another left, maybe four more rights, oh and another seven lefts, Marzo finally stopped. Then, he looked right and then left, after which he plopped on the ground, confused. Chris was afraid to ask, but he did, coldly, as usual. "Where are you going you blubbery bafoon?"

"I dunno. I'm supposed to find this really good restaurant, but I have no clue where it is."

"You've got to be kidding me. Are you serious? You, ugh, you-"

"Oh, there it is!" he got up and rushed into the restaurant. Chris grimaced at the fact that he still had his bag. He walked into the restaurant and found himself rushed to a table, only joined by Marzo. While Marzo busied himself ordering evrything on the menu, something else caught Chris' eyes. An aquarium, full of Pokemon. Marzo interrupted his gaze and Chris looked at the menu. Ugh, everythignseemed so gross. It was as if the entire sea had been cooked. Magikarp, Shellder, Tentacool. How vile.

"Order anything. My grandpop co-manages the place." Marzo turned back to the menu. He seemed so absorbed in the..."delicacies" that he failed to watch Chris slip away. He stopped in his tracks. His bag. It had all his Pokeballs. His potions. His Pokegear. He walked back and saw how good a time Marzo was having. He still hadn't noticed his absence. Chris felt a hole in his stomach but continued to the chair and asked for his bag, "Can I have my bag. I've got to go."

"Oh, right. Yeah...here's your bag..." he gloomed. (Is that a word?) His face brightened, "Wait, you can't leave without going to the aquarium! You can catch Pokemon, with permission of course."

"Let me guess, you can get me in, somehow."

"Yes sir. Let's go!" he ran through the hallway and talked to one of the men there. He showed Chris to the room and he was...dazzled. It was great, Pokemon swimming around in a huge glossy tank. The clear glass reflected off the light given off by a small light in the pool making it illuminate. Marzo stood proud as he watched the expression on Chris' face change.

"Now, I couldn't get you to choose your own Pokemon, but, maybe you'll get something good." he stared as a man took a giant rod and placed it into the water. He swirled it around and pushed upward, carrying with it a torrent of water that splashed on the floor. A Shellder?

It filters the water that flows near its shell. It sometimes catches Remoraid when it clamps down.

Perfect. But, Firen wouldn't do that much and neither would Mount. Plus, Smog wouldn't penetrate its shell. So...Mount would have to take this one. He tossed the ball and out came the grouchy Mineral type. The Shellder glared at him and started to attack. It began with a Tackle which the Geodude countered with his Rollout. The two rebounded off each other and Geoddue came back down. Shellder glowed and the Geodude was sent flying back. The Shellder's shell would be hard to get through. But maybe there was a way.

The shellder continued to fire off attack after attack but Mount countered each one. However hard he tried, the Geodude couldn't get through its defenses. Then, it shot out a strange bubbly foam and Mount was struck hard. The Shellder began to close its shell and waited. It wasn't going to get hit easily. Marzo gasped at Geodude who seemed to slowly be rolling over to the Pokemon. That's when it happened. The jump and then, he landed on the Shellder. The back part.

"Now, Defense Curl, continuously!"

The Geoddue began to weight down the Shellder who was thoroughly confused. Slowly, it began to unclamp and and it flipped over into the air. It landed with a light thud with its mouth facing down. The Geodude began to roll towards it. Chris bit his lip.

"Slowly, but not too light! Rollout attack!"

Mount began to roll towards the Shellder and it flipped through the air. As it fell, Chris threw a Pokeball on its body. The red light brought back the Shellder and the Pokeball continued to shake. Marzo watched carefully and Chris stared intently.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Amanda Bel, Route 29/Cherrygrove - A cult in personality!

Having departed from the excited Francine, Amanda and Raspberry were still in the neck of the Route 29 wood. Of course, it wasn't too long until they too, reached Cherrygrove City. At last, a town...after hours. Amanda stretched her arms and legs, trying to un-stress the nerves she felt from walking. Upon arrival at the town, she surveyed the area. Finally, she saw a pokemon center, where she was able to rest at last. So, she and Raspberry decided to enter, to take such a moments rest.

The doors flew open as the duo sat down on the nearest table. She saw not much people were coming and exiting the building, but, whatever; the less people, the better. That's when she over heard a couple of boys talking.

"Yo, did you hear about the new restaurant near the beach?" one said. "Its siiiiiick!"

"I know, right?!" the other replied energetically. "Water pokemon everywhere, yo! Its tight; I gotta go check it out!"

Amanda, not seemingly caring at first, though decided maybe the aquarium was an intriguing idea to go and explore. It was a shame though; she still haven't gotten to know her geodude; the one she caught at Route 46, but, it wasn't too late for that too. So, she, and a still seemingly tired Raspberry, decided to check out this resturant.

Of course, it was until it was late at night on when Amanda decided to visit the beach's restaurant. Nights weren't a pleasant thing for Amanda; she felt as lazy as she can be; she wasn't even that hungry, but nonetheless, she decided to step right in. As she went in, she was greeted by the waiter there.

"How do you do?" the waiter said with a cheerful grin. "Do you, young lady have a reservation?"

"Uh, no, I don't," Amanda replied. "I'm not here to eat."

"BUT YOUNG LADY!" the man said, trying to help her re-consider her thoughts. He got off of the high step he was in, trying to meet with Amanda eye-to-eye. "Surely...you have heard about our famous aquarium, no?"

"Yeah, that's kind of the reason I'm here," Amanda stated. "I've no time to dawdle."

"No problemo!" the man said, as he escorted Amanda back to the hall. There, was a sight to befold -- an aquarium filled with water pokemon, swimming around in a huge glossy tank. The clear glass reflected off the light given off by a small light in the pool making it illuminate. Just like the young men had said earlier! For the first time in a while, Amanda was...impressed! She gleamed and beamed as she saw the squirtle, the remoraids...even the magikarp, swimming in their respective home. The man stepped in again. "Ah, did I forget to mention: you are most definately allowed to capture any of these pokemon you se fit. Free of charge, of course!"

"Right." Amanda understood as the man left her alone at last. Now came the tricky part -- how to catch a pokemon from underwater. It was time for a test, Amanda thought as she looked towards Raspberry.

"Can you sick your hand in there?" Amanda asked. "The water pokemon might see it as bait."

Her Smoochum didn't quite agree, however. "Smoochum?! Smooooooochum!!" (ARE YOU CRAZY, GURL?! I don't wanna be their next meal!!) However, there was no argument to a trainer's command. Smoochu m eventually gave a sigh, as it was eventually done what its told. It discreetly stuck out its paw in the tank of the aquarium's water, and waited patiently. Soon after: "Smoooooooooo!!" IT was crying in pain; it released its paw from the water, reveling that a remoraid had bitten on to it.

"Perfect!" Amanda gleamed as she took out a pokeball. "Geodude! Use Rollout!" With that command, her geodude came bursting out of the stray pokeball, as it then made a circular summer salt motion, rolling right against the wild remoraid that was biting Raspberry. Raspberry still hurt, stuck its paw inside its mouth, trying to soothe pain. Remoraid, was hit however, as it was knocked a few feet back, and landed on the floor. "Rollout one more time!" Amanda ordered, as geodude made one more rollout pass to strike the wild remoraid. Remoraid felled back, and hit the floor, staggered, as Amanda threw her pokeball.

The pokeball made contact with the fallen remoraid, as it was quickly drawn inside its energy, as the pokeball closed up, and started to shake.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    -Book One: Zephyr Badge-

'Please come back later,' Nurse Joy told him, smiling reassuringly. 'We'll make sure your Pokemon is back to full health.' Behind her, a Chansey wearing a nurse's hat pushed a tray carrying several Pokeballs towards the back of the room. 'In the meantime, please enjoy yourself in the Gift Shoppe, where we sell a variety of useful items for Pokemon trainers.'

Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center was, in fact, located in a hospital. Rile made his way back to the lobby, then collapsed in one of the comfy-looking armchairs. He stared up at the slowly revolving ceiling fan. He knew he should probably go check out that gift shop, since he really didn't have anything other than Pokeballs. He should at least buy a couple of Potions. But he really didn't feel like getting up right now. The sound of people chattering and the clink of metal as trays and stretcher beds were pushed around by Chansey and nurses washed over him like a wave. The bright, yellowish artificial light was oddly comforting, he thought, as he let his mind drift.

He had made his way up Route 46, only to discover that the path to Blackthorn had been blocked off. He hadn't been the only one there; apparently the place was a semi-popular place to hang out among the local trainers. Some had eyed his muddy attire curiously, and they had all (correctly) assumed that he was a newbie, fresh out of Professor Elm's lab, who had underestimated Route 29's swampy terrain. A particularly helpful one that told him that the route had been blocked for ages, and that he would do better to head to Cherrygrove.

So that was what he had done, all the while mentally grumbling about random and seemingly unexplained road blocks. He'd trudged his way back across Route 29 (and gotten even more mud on his sneakers in the process) and arrived in Cherrygrove. It was a quaint town, with a soft and relaxing atmosphere. Rile would normally have liked it--but he had been preoccupied at the time. He supposed it was lucky that the wild Pokemon near New Bark and Cherrygrove were used to human company. With no able Pokemon, he would have been in one heck of a bad situation if he had been attacked.

He'd been quite a sight, when he'd entered the lobby, with slime splattered all over his clothes and still dripping slowly from his hair. The green-haired receptionist had raised an eyebrow, directed him to the minor wing, and then pointed out the men's showers to him.

In fact, he should probably go now. He was starting to smell, and smelling like Route 29 was not pleasant. A part of him wondered just what was it in that mud that caused that stench. All the growing things, maybe. And lots of Pidgey droppings. Probably.

The armchair was just so damn comfortable. The last thing he wanted to do right now was walk back down all the way to the showers. And then actually shower. And then he'd have to come back...

With superhuman effort and a quiet groan, he heaved himself up and trotted sulkily towards the elevator. He could take the stairs--in fact, it might even be faster--but he did not feel like walking, or climbing a staircase when he had to come back up. A ting announced the arrival of the elevator. Stepping inside as its metal doors opened automatically, Rile had to note, even in his state, that it was very sophisticated. Actually, the entire hospital was quite impressive. It was unexpected, considering it was located in such an unassuming and tranquil town. Though maybe that was the point. Polluted city air and the sound of loud, blaring cars outside your window twenty four seven could hardly be good to a patient's health.

The shower was great. The hot water was refreshing, and Rile felt a good deal better after he was done. Calmer. The hot water had washed away his tension along with the grime on his face. Well, most of it anyway. He didn't feel quite so stiff either. Right, so sleeping on a rock was definitely a bad idea. His body had stopped aching, or maybe it was just temporarily mollified and it would start hurting again tomorrow morning. Rile looked at his pile of dirty clothes on the floor. He supposed he could get them cleaned at the local dry cleaner or something; he didn't know if the hospital offered that kind of service (there were supposed to be free rooms for trainers to spend the night, though). His stomach rumbled. Then again, he hadn't eaten much since he had left New Bark. He and Tyr had only picked a few Berries here and there: Rile didn't know enough about flora to be sure which plants were poisonous and which were edible. He didn't have that much money. If he bought some supplies at the gift shop, ate out, and cleaned his clothes... But he didn't want to carry dirty clothes around with him in his backpack either. I'll have to wash them myself, he thought glumly.

Nurse Joy gave him a kind smile as he stepped through the door and handed him Tyr's Pokeball. He murmured his thanks, then made his way to the 'Gift Shoppe'. There was a variety of goods useful for travel on sale, most notably Pokeballs, Potions, and some kind of powder that turned out to be a slow-acting medicine. He bought two bags of it (since it was only slightly more expensive than Potions, and seemed to have a better effect overall), but also bought a Potion for good measure. After all, you never know when you might need quick healing.

Finally, he exited the hospital, momentarily squinting in the harsh glare of the late afternoon sun. Pulling his cap lower over his eyes, he turned Tyr's Pokeball over in his hand almost nervously.

He hadn't been himself since this journey had started, he'd realized. He'd made mistakes, errors of judgement he should have known better than to make, overlooked things he normally would have noticed, forgotten the very basics of what he had learned, and he sure had talked a lot more than the norm for him. In a way, he had been overconfident. He'd thought that nothing had changed, and had acted as usual, when the truth was that everything had changed. He'd received his very first Pokemon; that life-changing experience thing had already started. There was a life in his hands, and he had more freedom than ever before. He was dealing with things he wasn't used to, things he didn't know. He supposed he had been stressed, in his own way, though he hadn't realized it. Still, he was going to try to fix his own mistakes now.

The Pokeball burst open and Tyr popped out in a flash of red. The Tyrogue blinked at the sudden light, then raised his head and gazed at Rile, who shifted uncomfortably.

'Hey,' he said quietly.

Tyr studied him curiously, and, Rile noticed, a bit cautiously. 'Ty?'

Of course, Rile thought. I haven't explained anything to him. The way I've been acting must be confusing. His friends and family were all used to the way he behaved, his thought process seemingly disjointed and random, or even contradictory at times. He simply didn't often explain how he thought to others; those who knew him well accepted the fact, and were used to it. But he kept on forgetting that Tyr didn't know him. New Bark was a tiny town, where everyone knew everyone. He, too, had gotten used to people knowing...

'There's something I want to show you,' Rile said, staring out into space. 'It's something you've never seen before.'

Tyr followed him through the streets. Rile, this time, noticed the way he studied his surroundings carefully and with slight fascination he tried to hide. It wasn't solely Rile's fault; Tyr was much too disciplined and obsessed with maintaining that image, if you asked him. He also kept shooting furtive glances at Rile each time his back was turned. He hadn't noticed before, but he now realized that Tyr was very curious, though he tried to hide it.

'We're here,' Rile said rather abruptly.

They were at a gently sloping hill, more of a slight curve of the ground than anything. The air was fresh and smelled of salt; there was the sound of waves and lapping water just beyond where they stood.

'Over here,' Rile said simply, as he led Tyr up the 'hill'.

The sea stretched out before them, a vast expanse of deep blue water, shimmering like a faceted jewel in the intense sunlight. A bit closer to the shore, jagged pieces of rock rose up from the seabed and formed a sort of semi-circular border. The water within it was clearer, almost transparent--Rile could see right through it to the white sandy bottom. This area was shallower, and there were dozens of Magikarp swimming happily around. There was a large net in the middle, and on the other side Rile glimpsed a few tentacles and a brief flash of red--Tentacool, no doubt.

Tyr glanced around in awe. He'd never seen so much water before. It smelled different too, somehow. Sharper, with a strange tang that he couldn't quite place but that he was sure he had smelled before.

'Salt,' Rile said, surprising the Tyrogue. He watched curiously as his trainer dug into his pockets, then withdrew a small white cube.

'A Pokeblock,' he explained. 'It's a type of food for Pokemon like you.' He carefully unwrapped it, revealing an orange block of something that smelled similar to the air around them--only different. Tyr was frustrated with all these things he didn't understand, but he took it. He nibbled on it cautiously, and was surprised with the taste that flooded his mouth. It didn't taste at all like those berries he had eaten on that marshy route.

'It tastes salty,' Rile said, settling down comfortably. 'There are all kinds of different tastes, see. Those berries we ate--Pecha berries--are sweet. Stuff with sugar in them taste like that. Then there's sour.' He reached into his pocket again and took out a handful of different Pokeblocks. 'Here, try this one.' Tyr did--and grimaced slightly. This one burned on his tongue--but, he thought as he chewed, it wasn't entirely unpleasant, once you got used to it.

'There are also bitter and spicy, but not everyone likes those. Most people don't like the bitter taste, and spicy food is really hot. It burns your throat. Some people like it, though.'

Rile gazed at the horizon, not really seeing the ocean but rather whatever was going on in his head. 'You know,' he said slowly, 'there's a lot of stuff you need to know. A lot of stuff I'll have to teach you. There's some stuff I should have taught you already.'

They stayed like that for a long time. Rile wasn't sure how long, but knew that when he had at last finished his explanation about type match-ups (which had pretty hard to explain to a newborn), the sun was setting and the sky was tainted blood red. He got up, dusting his pants off, when he suddenly looked up at the sound of loud splashing.

Frowning, he saw several Corsola bobbing up and down with the waves. Some Remoraid swam past, shaking their tail fins exaggeratedly and swimming in circles or strange patterns. He even saw a curling blue tail that looked like it belonged to a Squirtle.

Rile had only been to Cherrygrove once before, and that had been a years ago, but he was fairly sure that Corsola weren't common in the area. Neither were Squirtle. In fact, Squirtle wasn't common anywhere. They were only available by breeding...

He heard a soft creak of wood and noticed, for the first time, a lone fisherman sitting in a small, wooden boat, holding a fishing rod in his hands and grumbling under his breath.

'What's with this?' Rile asked as he walked over, gesturing at the rare Pokemon-filled water.

The fisherman jerked up in surprise, then looked at him curiously. 'Hmm? Oh, this? Haven't you heard? One of the restaurants around here had a massive breakout. Lost every single one of their fish, I heard. Pity, actually,' he added, 'I liked that restaurant. Smelled a bit strong though.'

Rile raised an eyebrow. 'A breakout?'

The fisherman nodded absently as he reeled in his line, then cast it out again. 'Yep. Nobody's sure what caused it. They reckon somebody pushed the evacuation button. Apparently, the police are suspecting some guy named Joe or something.' There was a few moments of silence, then he reeled in his line again. Seeing the bait utterly untouched, the man let out a cry of frustration.

'I don't believe it,' he muttered. 'Even with all these critters floating around...'

There was an awkward silence as Rile stared out into the distance. A cool breeze blew over them, sending ripples over the water. Tyr looked caught between looking at whatever it was his trainer was looking at, and glancing between Rile and the fisherman in obvious curiosity.

The fisherman cleared his throat. Rile blinked and turned his head to look at him.

'Uh...aren't you going to...?' the man asked, red in his face.

Rile stared at him blankly.

'Nevermind...anyway, my name's Tully,' the fisherman said loudly. 'What's yours, kid?'

If Rile felt any annoyance at being called a kid when he was already seventeen, he did not voice it. 'Riley.'

'Right then, Riley...' Tully said awkwardly, rolling his rod between his hands. 'You a traveling trainer?'

Rile nodded.

There was another uncomfortable silence. It was broken as the two of them heard especially loud splashing. Turning around, Rile saw a Shellder, clumsily attempting to swim against the waves. He wondered idly how Shellder swam anyway, since they lacked limbs. Then he noticed that the Shellder seemed a bit...bulkier than the average. Not only large, but heavy in a way that seemed to drag it down while swimming, something that was definitely not a good thing for a water Pokemon.

Of course, Rile thought, restaurant-bred. Of course they would make sure their Pokemon had as much meat on them as possible. He wrinkled his nose slightly. As a breeder, he found it highly insulting. Tyr noticed, his golden eyes confused yet shrewd. What would make his trainer, of all people, show distaste?

Rile stepped into the water. It wasn't particularly deep--it only came up to his knees. He sloshed his way to the Shellder, who was being carried closer and closer to shore by the tide. It wriggled frantically as he came closer, and Rile frowned as he realized that its previous experiences with humans were probably not good ones. Who knew if the fish Pokemon had been able to see the cooks at work...

'I'm not going to hurt you,' Rile said softly.

The Shellder continued trying to scramble away from him, as though it hadn't understood what he had just said.

Maybe he hadn't, he realized. He took the Shellder gently in his hands and trudged his way back to shore, the shellfish Pokemon squirming in his grasp. When he was back on land, he dropped to one knee and set it down on the grass. Tully looked nonplussed. The Shellder stopped fighting briefly as it felt grass under it for the first time. It tried 'walking'; it trudged successfully across the greenery, trampling a few flowers in the process.

'See?' Rile said. 'You're much better suited for land.' Which was strange, for a water Pokemon, but the Shellder's bulk really didn't help it float. He noticed that its shell's was oilier than wild ones', so it was easier for it to move and slide across the ground.

The Shellder looked up at him, wary. Rile didn't expect any different, though. After all, how would you react to humans if the only ones you had ever seen were the ones who had cut open your brothers and cook them alive? It didn't seem to understand speech as well, either. Rile supposed that its aversion to humans cut it off from the 'wavelength' that trainers and their Pokemon shared.

'Tyr, do you suppose you could ask him in my place?'

Tyr nodded, stepping forward. The Shellder recoiled slightly, studying him cautiously. Then Tyr opened his mouth and let out a series of the strangest Pokemon noises Rile had ever heard, perhaps because he was so humanoid. The Shellder quivered, withdrawing slightly in its shell, and looked at Rile almost fearfully. Tyr gave him a reassuring smile, then looked pointedly at Rile, who tried to look as comforting as he could, without having any idea how to do so.

He sat down on the grass, ignoring the Shellder's instinctive flinch, and dug into his pockets. He could think of any number of tricks and plans that could let him catch it easily, without battling. But then it would never trust him again, and that wasn't what Rile wanted. His goal wasn't training up a team of buff fighters. He just wanted to take care of Pokemon, and this one sure as hell needed it. So he had to rely on...the power of food.

Rile placed a sweet Pokeblock before him. Its taste was tender, soft. He didn't know the Shellder's tastes, exactly (if he did, he would have been able to create a much more personalized and appealing Pokeblock), but he thought it was a safe guess that it liked the sweet taste. And if it had grown up in a restaurant aquarium, then Rile doubted he had tasted much of the kind before...

Tyr said something to it (probably explaining that the pink cube was food), and the Shellder, after eyeing it a bit warily, seemed to decide that it wasn't all too different from the pellets it had been fed at the Slaughter House, as he called the seafood restaurant, and gave it a lick. Immediately, its tongue wrapped around the block and shoved it in its mouth. Rile had no idea how Shellder chewed, but it looked extremely happy as it squished the cube in its mouth. He knew that particular Pokeblock (Mago berry mixed with Pecha and Nanab juice) was juicy and, well, fun to eat, but it seemed that the Shellder really liked sweet things.

The best way to win men's hearts is through their stomachs, Rile thought. He realized that bribing the Shellder into joining him with sweet Pokeblocks was altogether not very nice. But it needed it. It had been bred to be eaten, and its body was all wrong. It wouldn't survive in the wild.

'So...' he said slowly. 'Want to join us?' He stretched his hand out to the Shellder.

[OOC]: EFFIN'. FINALLY. Ugh, I'm so sorry for this. The end is crappily written, too. I ran out of inspiration juices. So, uh. Rile either gets his Shellder or he doesn't. But he bribed it with candy. You got a free Remoraid too.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • (OOC: Check the OOC thread for details on the 'dream' that everyone had. Let's get moving again! :D)

Tyler slowly woke up. He reached up and moved the book off his face and wished he hadn't. Sunlight was streaming through the window, right onto his face. He groaned and rubbed his eyes. Needless to say, Tyler was not a morning person. He looked down and saw Isadora shift in her sleep. He glanced over to find his unwanted room mate still asleep as well. Good, he didn't want the head ache of dealing with her. He moved his hand and touched Isa to wake her up, and was zapped by the static that had built up on her coat during the night.

"Yeow!" Tyler said quietly. Isa opened her eyes and stared sleepily at him. He held her gently and sat up, not afraid of getting zapped again.

"Let's get out of here before her majesty over wakes up and starts b****ing at us," Tyler said quietly. He slid out of the bed and stretched himself out. Normally, he would not care at all who he woke up with his morning routine, but he'd rather be able to leave now and get some peace than have to put up with Adelle's crap. He grabbed his shoes and his bag and made his way to the bathroom. Just because he wanted to leave fast didn't mean he would go without a shower. Heavens no! He wasn't an animal! Isa sleepily followed him into the bathroom and curled up next to the sink while he showered and got dressed. When he finally was ready, he was wide awake and Isa had fallen back to sleep. He thought about that strange dream he had. What a weird thing. It was still visible in his mind. Some woman saying she was not responsible for a theft... Or something like that. How stupid. Why he had dreamed that up, he wasn't sure, but he had to say the woman was a bit easy on the eyes. He shrugged and picked Isadora up. He walked back out into the lobby. He wondered where a good place for breakfast would be, as he certainly wasn't leaving without it.

"Excuse me... Would you happen to know of a nice place to stop for breakfast?" Tyler asked the lady at the counter. He put on a smile, though he wasn't feeling very happy at the moment. He was hungry, and a little bored. Not a good combination for someone that thinks he's the best around... Sratch that, he doesn't think he's the best, he IS the best.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Adelaide Thomas

5.1 It's Almost Like A Hangover

Adelle woke up slowly, bleary eyed and sore. What a strange dream indeed. Usually, Adelle was not one to dream (or remember her dreams, whichever way the process worked) but this one seemed a little odd, comparing it to the ones she did remember (which seemed to be about magic academies, arenas of death, supernatural cities or some other really ridiculous crap). It was all a little... too real? Dreams were usually hazy or hard to remember, but this one was like the person was actually talking to her. Caitlin the voice had said. Lady Caitlin. Hm.

Adelle turned over and put her face into her pillow. Absurd, it was just a dream! But in any case, she opened her eyes and let in the morning light. Bleaugh. What a miserable headache she had. She sat up a little, leaning her back against the wall and gently shook her two Pokémon. They moaned a little in rejection, but opened their eyes.

"Good morning, sleepyheads," Adelle gave a small smile and grabbed the railing to let herself down. When she hit the ground, she immediately regretted it, the vibrations sending a stinging sensation through her head. She inspected her room briefly; there was no sign of that Tyler kid. Or her third Pokémon. Oh, wait, Connie was with Witt. Who probably wasn't awake yet.

"Aspirin," she murmured, feeling around for her bag. Yep, got it. She grabbed two and a fresh pair of clothes and headed for the bathroom, leaving Py and Caly on her bed. She locked the door behind her, took her aspirin and quickly washed off the crap from yesterday in the shower. As she washed her hair, she noticed red in the water. At first, she thought she was bleeding. Then she remembered her hair. Permanent hair colour her ass. Up to 60 washes? More like five.

She looked at herself in the mirror when she was done. The red was still there, just a little fainter. Probably unnoticeable unless you looked closely enough. She had only dyed it a few days ago and had to bleach her usually dark hair in the process. Oh well. She pulled over her long sleeved, stripey shirt, pulled up her jeans and shoved on her zipper hoodie from yesterday (as well as underwear of course). When she was done sprucing up her hair, she went back to her room, packed up her stuff into her bag and left, Pythagoras in one hand and Calypso on her shoulder. She plonked herself out in the common room, pulled out her PokéGear and fiddled with it. Hopefully Witt would be awake soon. Weren't they going to the beach or something for Darren or... something? Ugh. Right, Witt had ditched her for Darren last night. Her mood instantly soured, as if the headache wasn't bad enough.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    The Sound of Music.

Chris felt his body grow weak. His muscles contracted as he fell to the ground, helpless. The Pokemon Center grew quiet besides the constant thudding of trainers. He looked at the scene before him. A woman, and a beautiful one at that, stared at him and spoke. He was mesmerized by his appearance. At one point, it seemed that she should notice him, but it ended up not being so. He cringed as she stopped talking and he was sent bounding back into reality.

There was no point in trying to sleep, was there? He looked at the three Pokeballs in his hand. Time for a little morning training. He jumped out of his bed in the Pokemon Center but slipped. Too early. He got up, having regained his original "so what" personality. It was then he heard the music. Firen heard it first, then him. But, Mount and Clamp the Shellder seemed unaffected. They walked towarsds their master in an attempt to stop them, but it was useless. The two hopeless wanderers were being sent to some dark hallway. Who knew what would lie through the depths? The two who knew where they were found themselves in a shack of sorts. In front of them was a strange creature. A dark black thing with crisp yellow hair. A Jynx.

Its song had attracted more than a couple Pokemon and trainers. They looked around, but realized that it was no use. There were no others but them who were sober, able to know their whereabouts. She turned her eyes to them. Seeing that they weren't transfixed, she sang louder, and louder. Clamp jumped up and used its Telekinesis attack. The two attacks rebounded off each other. What was this Jynx doing here? She continued to sing. Mount couldn't take anymore. It collided headfirst into the Pokemon who, surprised, fell back. Shellder went in for a Foam attack which she stopped with an Ice Punch. Clam looked at the siren who continued to weave her melody through the halls of the center. The duo launched attacks, left and right, but the Jynx seemed prepared for all of them. Whoever had trained this Jynx was surely the best in the world. Clamp tried to think while Mount continued to hit her with his best shot. The Shellder got a quick idea.

The song continued as Clamp began to move fast. It gathered itself onto the wall behind it. It gulped, knowing this would not be fun. The Geodude continued to Rollout, and slowly, they took their toll. The Pokemon stopped singing. Now, she was irritated and began to fight back with Sweet Kisses and Ice Punches. The Geodude rolled itself into a Defense Curl in an effort to dodge the nast kisses. Then, Clamp launched its plan. From against the wall, it launched a Foam Attack, sending it spiraling back towards the Jynx who was paralyzed with fear. Or maybe she had Sweet Kissed herself, one or the other. The Shellder collided with the Jynx, shell to unsavory mouth before spraying back a Foam Attack. The Jynx, taken by surprise at the "kiss", stood with unease before falling down. The trainers and Pokemon began to stir, and a familiar person stood.

"Hey, what did you do to my Jynx," Marzo puffed before turning to laugh hysterically.

Last edited:
    Back