• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I ain't really interested in the new Pokemon shows :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The old episodes were better. I loved waking up Saturday mornings to watch Pokemon. Now I forget it's even on. The new shows are dead to me. I really only watch the movies and play the games nowadays.

The games are just as repetitive as everything else. They're the BASIS for everything else, hence why it's all repetitive. Seriously, read any video game review of Pokemon post-Gen I. Almost all say "Well, it's good, but nothing new is really introduced."

And I must be the only one who's pretty much hated almost every single Pokemon movie, ever. Apparently an entirely different group produces them. I think they've ranged from "extremely dull" to "painful to even watch" with probably the Shaymin one being the most least-bad.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    And I must be the only one who's pretty much hated almost every single Pokemon movie, ever. Apparently an entirely different group produces them. I think they've ranged from "extremely dull" to "painful to even watch" with probably the Shaymin one being the most least-bad.

Admittedly, the only ones I really liked were the first one and the one with Celebii (though I hate whoever came up with the US title of that one).

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I also am one of those people who can't get into the new shows.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand the whole " Well, you grew up, so it's natural to not like the new episodes" argument, but hey..

I liked the first season because it was literally, the first. A boy named Ash Ketchum is going on his first Pokemon Journey to catch these magical creatures, all the while meeting new friends and enemies..

Years
    I don't like the new episodes. Even as a kid I couldn't really get into the advanced generation series, which was a big upset. May replacing Misty was probably the biggest deal for me. They lost their freshness, humor and charm.

As for pokemon movies, I loved the first 3.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Darthbane2007 said:
    A boy named Ash Ketchum is going on his first Pokemon Journey to catch these magical creatures, all the while meeting new friends and enemies..

Is that not what it is still about?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Is that not what it is still about?

Not really. Now it's 'Ash is being an idiot and Oaking all his Pokemon so he can 'start over' again, even though it didn't work the last two times he did it'. I'm sorry, but nobody would ever do that in any realistic scenario.

Years
    You are no longer 6 years old. You're 16. You're not supposed to like the show.

Originally Posted by Oblivion Reaper 2.0 I ain't really interested in the new Pokemon shows :(
    The show is aimed at people 6-10 years-old and more likely you're above that age...so...why are you still watching it...

These have to be the most idiotic and arrogant comments I have ever seen. What are you doing in this forum if that is your attitude? You are both obviously over 6. Its those kind of comments what really p*** me off. Just because there are people here over 16, including myself doesn't automatically mean we shouldn't like the anime. Its the same kind of people who say that Pokemon is gay and crap like that what get on my nerves. I don't give a damn if you think that people over six shouldn't watch the anime, I am 25 and I love the anime more than I started watching it.

You can define filler as "every episode that doesn't focus on a capture, evolution, or a Gym battle" the way it was defined in the earlier generations. But the writers have introduced more ways to advance the plot; and what advances the plot is not filler, despite the fact that you might think that it is because of the old formula on what filler is.

It does annoy me a bit when people seem to think that every episode that doesn't contain a gym or a capture is a filler. You make a very good point. Fillers are more than just gyms and captures. Character development is more important than either of those IMO. For example, Charizard Chills isn't a filler because Charizard begins to obey Ash, Hot Matches isn't a filler as Cyndaquil learns to control the flame on his back and Tears for Fears isn't filler because of Chimchar character development. I could make a huge list of every non-filler but I'm wont.

Last edited:

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    Ash, why do you feel the need to talk like Ash and use his terrible grammar? JW. If it's a role-playing thing that's understandable, I just super-hope you don't do that in real life

falling up+
    Years
    Okay they completely recast the voice actors to sub-par imitationists.

Ash is on the quest to become not the very best but the most mediocre.

His goal seems to be to befriend every pkmn rather than train them.

Every time he somehow collects the badges gets into the league tourny and is eliminated in the first/second round.

Essentially I stopped caring about this show after the Indigo League arc. Back when they actually TRIED to throw a story together instead of an episode by episode showcase of the pkmn flavor of the week.

I understand they cater to children, but they leave us hoping for a more mature story that grew up on the franchise in the cold.

*sigh* I guess I'll just go back to reading the Toshihiro Ono comics. Thats really what I imagined the world of pkmn to be all along.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    These have to be the most idiotic and arrogant comments I have ever seen. What are you doing in this forum if that is your attitude? You are both obviously over 6. Its those kind of comments what really p*** me off. Just because there are people here over 16, including myself doesn't automatically mean we shouldn't like the anime. Its the same kind of people who say that Pokemon is gay and crap like that what get on my nerves. I don't give a damn if you think that people over six shouldn't watch the anime, I am 25 and I love the anime more than I started watching it.
    See, even though the way they said it makes it sound arrogant, it still has a little truth in it. Of course it's perfectly okay to still like it, it's just that we're above the expected demographic. We're the peripheric dempgraphic. So, our likings may not be considered when producing the show. Also, I think the producers expect the demographic to shift every few years. That is, the younger generation replaces the older watchers, thus explaining the repeating storyline. I don't think Pokémon is a series meant to keep us watching forever. If we do...well, then we shouldn't complain and instead better stop watching.

Personally, I do still enjoy the series from time to time, yet I can't take it as serious anymore as I did back when I was a child. Also I notice plotholes and double standarts easier than I did bach then. Another problem is that Pokémon is seemingly a show with a continious timeline, yet no-one ages and it comes off a little weird that, for example, Team Rocket still follows Ash's group. The more time passes the more idiotic does it make Team Rocket look for still doing that. Also, Ash abadoning many of his Pokémon at the beginning of every journey and the almost forgotten who have lieft for one reason or another make him seem a little less sympathetic that he seemed to me when the first season aired. Another thing is...back then, when he started he had an excuse for being a little clumsy because he was unexperienced. I kinda liked them that childlike. Still I also enjoy the show now although my interest has decreased.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I actually really like the new seasons of Pokemon. Loved Hoenn and Sinnoh's up there aswell.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Looking back on the original seasons as an adult...I can see much more of the hidden, more adult, humor in it. Face it guys: as bad as the animation was for the show back then, it was just better. Each episode had the ability to emote better, the VAs were better, and the story was constantly interesting.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I dont want to have misty back :( For one, once they bring her back another arguement will kick off "I HATE HER NEW VOICE!!!!!!!" If misty comes back none of you people will really be happy, you will hate her voice actress, want may and dawn back.. maybe tracey... its a never ending cycle!

Years
    See, even though the way they said it makes it sound arrogant, it still has a little truth in it. Of course it's perfectly okay to still like it, it's just that we're above the expected demographic. We're the peripheric dempgraphic. So, our likings may not be considered when producing the show. Also, I think the producers expect the demographic to shift every few years. That is, the younger generation replaces the older watchers, thus explaining the repeating storyline. I don't think Pokémon is a series meant to keep us watching forever. If we do...well, then we shouldn't complain and instead better stop watching.

Personally, I do still enjoy the series from time to time, yet I can't take it as serious anymore as I did back when I was a child. Also I notice plotholes and double standarts easier than I did bach then. Another problem is that Pokémon is seemingly a show with a continious timeline, yet no-one ages and it comes off a little weird that, for example, Team Rocket still follows Ash's group. The more time passes the more idiotic does it make Team Rocket look for still doing that. Also, Ash abadoning many of his Pokémon at the beginning of every journey and the almost forgotten who have lieft for one reason or another make him seem a little less sympathetic that he seemed to me when the first season aired. Another thing is...back then, when he started he had an excuse for being a little clumsy because he was unexperienced. I kinda liked them that childlike. Still I also enjoy the show now although my interest has decreased.

The Simpsons, Super Mario Brothers, and many other cartoon/comic characters are also in the time-warp category if that is the right word to use. None of them age either and I'm not complaining. Ash does seem to have matured a lot since he first started and isn't as dense and cry-baby like as he used to be. As for me personally, my interest has grown even more than when I first started watching. I am also heavily into reading fan fiction. And I don't see why we shouldn't keep watching it forever just because it is "meant for kids". Pokemon is actually one of the most complex shows there is and many episodes and some movies in particular use some very dark and tragic plots what are far from childish.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Honestly, I have to agree with you.
    The new saga is a wreck. It stopped being good after Hoenn in my opinion.
    And it's not because I "grew up".
    I watched the series lately and it's still better then the Sinnoh Saga.

Years
    Honestly, I have to agree with you.
    The new saga is a wreck. It stopped being good after Hoenn in my opinion.
    And it's not because I "grew up".
    I watched the series lately and it's still better then the Sinnoh Saga.

I wouldn't go as far as saying its stopped being good but I have to admit that the newer episodes don't seem to have that much fun as the old episodes especially with the new voices and animation style. However I still love the show nevertheless.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    My two cents? Uhh.. well... you know there is something wrong when you go from a team that is just plain evil ((team rocket)) to TWO teams that are just misunderstood, ((You have to give them credit. they were only doing what they thought was best.)) to finally...a team that is so out there, it could only possibly be lead by someone as messed up in the head as Cyrus. But you have to admit, he's not thinking small by all means! And in the end he just walks into a portal... they don't save him like they did Archie and Maxie... he just ups and goes... he was too far in the deep side.... -sniffs-

This said however, my curiosity is a very evil thing and I want to see what new villain group the have next. :I

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I just don't like how the characters seem to repeat themselves. Dawn is almost a complete re-peat of May, and Kenny and Paul are just like Drew and Harley. Things like that. Everything in Pokemon seem to repeat.

Back