• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't get the Popplio hype.

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Years
  • Seriously, why do so many people like this thing?

They say it's cute, but I think it looks ugly, unnatural and absurd (How can you take this guy seriously with a nose like that?) It's evolution doesn't help it at all. It just looks like a more feminine version of Popplio. I can't even remember it's name!

Meanwhile, Litten, my starter of choice, actually looks cute, has a nice, fluent design, and it's evolution, Torracat, is (in my opinion) the best designed second-stage starter.

Any Popplio lovers mind clearing things up for me? Because I just can't see why Popplio has a bigger following than the two other, better designed starters.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    When the starters were first revealed I really disliked Popplio. But I must say that it grew on me over time and I most admit it's of my fav starters now, especially after Ive seen its evolution <3

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Any Popplio lovers mind clearing things up for me? Because I just can't see why Popplio has a bigger following than the two other, better designed starters.
    Popplio? The most popular Alolan starter?

I don't get the Popplio hype.

Legit, when Popplio was first revealed it by far got the most hate for being "ugly". Even Brionne is getting hate as well.

Also, reminder that people having different opinions is a thing. What you might find "ugly" other people find cute (including myself, and this is coming from a Litten fan).

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Are you kidding me?...

Everyone I talk to either doesn't care for Popplio or just doesn't like the look of it. And don't get me started on Brionne, I have heard so many compliments about it's design being "too girly". It's ridiculous really.

Honestly, it's a matter of opinion really. We all have our preferences. For example, I despise the look of Chesnaught with a passion. I think it looks terrible and that it's head is too small for it's body, but I know it has a special place in my brother's heart, like many other people. So really, I can only rag on the thing so much. We all come from different backgrounds, so we all are bound to like certain things( as well as dislike certain things in general). Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people can't.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm going to also go ahead and say that I don't really see that much "hype". Opinions seem to be split pretty evenly all three ways. It definitely isn't the most popular, and if it is then it can't be by that much. "More popular than I think it deserves to be" does not equal "most popular". Personally, I'm pretty neutral about Popplio itself, but Brionne is absolutely adorable. It just looks so happy and cheerful :) So I'll most likely be choosing Popplio as my starter, unless one of the third-stage starters shifts my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't understand this.

Popplio is my fave of the three starters, and has been from the get-go, and Brionne only added to my love of it, along with that leaked final evolution. I get not everyone likes the feminine direction it's taking, but then again that was what the Fennekin line copped last generation. Like the others said, opinions are opinions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    It's not my cup of tea, but it doesn't bother me if other folks like it. With over 700 to choose from, everyone can find something to like.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    I like Litten the most, however I think this is the first time that all three starters have been good in generations.

That being said, Popplio is cute and silly. Performer circus seal is a really fun concept! I like that it evolves really feminine because why the hell not. I mean you can call the clown nose unnatural but this is far from the first time Pokemon have been "unnatural".

Tbh Rowlet has the biggest following of them all.

Years
  • So, Popplio is not the most popular starter as far as which starter people are choosing. However, people who do like the popplio family, LOVE the popplio family more than I'd say people who are going for Litten and Rowlet.

This is my indisputable reason for loving Popplio:
    Spoiler:

The popplio line is not only my favorite starter line, it is my favorite pokemon line ever. Litten and Rowlet fans do not seem on the whole to be quite as enthusiastic. Though, I have a special place in my heart for the Rowlet line.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    its an ugly ass pokemon, but if it has dry skin or water absorb im all over that poke.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    So, Popplio is not the most popular starter as far as which starter people are choosing. However, people who do like the popplio family, LOVE the popplio family more than I'd say people who are going for Litten and Rowlet.

This is my indisputable reason for loving Popplio:
    Spoiler:

The popplio line is not only my favorite starter line, it is my favorite pokemon line ever. Litten and Rowlet fans do not seem on the whole to be quite as enthusiastic. Though, I have a special place in my heart for the Rowlet line.

This picture is beautiful. I agree with EVERY word. Popplio line is among my fav ones (Considering that Poppmaid is indeed real)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is called an opinion. If you don't understand that, then don't try to understand the world because your will fail.

If you honestly believe people have to like the same stuff you like, then you need to move on. If you honestly think it is one of the worst designs, you are extremely wrong, but then again, that is your opinion.

Litten is still the worse to me. It just looked terrible compared to the other two, it wasn't until Torrocat was reveled like I started liking it more.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Popplio hype? What Popplio hype? When the starters were first revealed, it was the least-liked starter (and still is today when Brionne was dead last in a poll from Pokémon's twitter account).

Back