• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I have to brag :]]- Which Gym was easiest?

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    gen1-misty
    gen2-jasmine
    gen3-erika
    gen4-gardenia.
    (i always go with the fire type starter)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    It's a tie between both Blaine and Giovanni. I usually pick Squirtle as my starter, and by then it should be capable enough to beat fire/ground types in one hit, especially if they're second type is also vulnerable to water.

I don't think I've ever had a problem with them. At all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Easiest for me in Firered were Blaine and Erica.
    Emerald the easiest for me was Roxanne and Brawly. Tate and Lizzy were freaking tough though!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Brock.

I always used Squirtle in FireRed... always. My Squirtle took down him and his trainers pretty easily. (Although this was the file where it evolved into Blastoise in Mt. Moon... xD)

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • A gym leader i found really easy was Watson, i was afraid at first, because my starongest Pokemon was Marshtomp, i dont know why though, i didn't pay attention to its types i guess, mud Shot wiped out his team with one hit to each, also Brock,Blaine,Giovanni,Roxanne,Flannery,Norman,Winona!

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • :) Wow, good question...

*In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald => Ardem or Wallace (Water Type)

Reason: I had a Sceptile with Leaf Blade and a Raichu with Thunderbolt. :)

*In FireRed / LeafGreen => Blaine (Fire Type)

Reason: A few hits from my Dugtrio's earthquake and Gyarados' surf. :)

Well, that's that... :)

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    In FR/LG ... definitely Erika's. My Charmeleon and Pidgeotto swept her whole gym in about five minutes.

hinsburg

Confused
    Years
  • I'd say Sabrina, but in FireRed/LeafGreen specifically. Usually I did Koga before Sabrina to stall doing Silph Co, and after the first generation Bite is a dark move. So my now overleveled Blatoise owned it up with Bite.

Years
  • uh... In FR/LG: Brock. Any starter can pwn him. Metal Claw Char ftw!
    and... in R/S/E: Brawly. He is under leveled bad, and also, my Grovyle OHKOd all of his pokes. Sure, it was over leveld and had leaf blade. but meh. rofl

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • For me, I cannot say one was the easiest. Gym leaders and the "elite" 4 have never been difficult. All of them have obvious weaknesses that they don't protect well at all.

This^ I beat all of the gyms on my first try EVERY TIME. They are all insanely easy. The only real challenge for me in FR / LG was beating the E4 with only a raichu. Took 3 tries.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • The easiest was always Blane for me. All fire pokes just got surfed away by my blastoise :)

I always thought koga was the hardest. Erica was low level 30, and when you get to him he is in the 40's!!! I would always use the Vs. Seeker on the top of the cycling path against those 8 bikers for exp to train for it.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I would have to say that the easiest Gym leader... was probably Erika. A good flying type took excellent care of her.

I had no trouble with the Gym Leaders until I played Jupiter. I was suprised by how tough I made them O_o

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    As long as you didn't pick charmander you should be able to take out brock in 2 moves. Erica at least takes 3.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • As long as you didn't pick charmander you should be able to take out brock in 2 moves. Erica at least takes 3.

That's true.

But, if you pick Charmander... Brock is a challenge. Misty is, too. If you don't snag a Pikachu or whatever grass Pokemon is avaliable in your game. If you pick Charmander or Squirtle, that is.

Back