• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I have to brag :]]- Which Gym was easiest?

Years
  • Giovanni, of course, if we're talking FR/LG. He has the same problem as Brock, only when you face Brock you don't always have a Water or Grass type, whereas just about everyone has at least one Water-type on their team. Plus, by the time you get to Giovanni your Pokémon should all be higher levels than his, and you can just sweep his team with Surf--even easier than you can Blaine's.

For some reason, the first time I played Emerald I had an insanely difficult time with Wattson. Even though I fought every trainer along the way, my Pokémon were still underleveled, and his Manectric would just sweep my entire team (as I rarely use a Ground-type). I think it was mostly because I still wasn't sure which Hoenn Pokémon sucked and which ones were good (i.e. I had Mightyena and Volbeat on my team), but I must have been doing something wrong, because the last time I played through and faced him I had absolutely no problems. :-/

Tate & Liza were really easy in R/S/E...never had any problems with them. Or Flannery--I beat her with an all-Grass team once. That same Grass team had some troubles with Winona, though.

Last edited:

MarOox

MarOox?
    Years
  • Erika, got my Charizard @ Fire Red and a Venusaur at Leaf Green. Pidgeot kick-assed in LG at Erika.
    At S/E, Brawley, cause i always had a Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir.

Nalu93

The Northern Wind
    Years
  • The easyest in FR was Erika for me,and in R\S\E Roxanne and Tell & Pat.
    Erika because I've always played with a charmender as starter and Roxann and Tell & pat because I've always played with torchic ^^

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
  • Brock in my original red game. I discovered within day one that Rock was extraordinarily weak to water, and I dominated >:3

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The gym easiest was Brock on Red and FireRed.
    I always defeat him with my Mankey, stupid rock type trainer.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • In R/S/E, most definately be Roxanne or Winonia
    My Marshtomp owned Roxannes Nosepass and my Altaria owned Winonias pokemon (Ice beam FTW!)

As for FR/LG, probably Erika.
    My Charmeleon pretty much took care of everything =D.

Ayselipera

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Wallace
    Pearl/Diamond/Platinum - Byron

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Well For Me let's see *thinking seriously*
    I Got it!

Kanto - Sabrina >3
    Hoenn - Roxanne
    Johto - Bugsy
    Sinnoh - Fantina

That's all for me >3 *winks*
    Kawaii~ * giggles*

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend ^_^

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Erika was the easiest for me as I had my Trusty Charizard and Pidgeot.
    I OHKOed all of her pokemon.

Years
  • I only played FR/LG and Erika's gym was the easyest one. I really leveled up my Charmeleon/ Charizard ;)

Years
  • I would have to say Erica
    but lol in the old games i remember Koga had level 44, 46, 48, and level 50 pokemon, (venonatx3 and venemoth)
    and sabrina had three level 50 pokes (abra, kadabra, alakazam)

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
  • None of them are too good, because they have weaknesses. Come on, you may as well advertise it!

HEY GUYS AND GALS! THIS IS TEH ROCK GYM! WE USE ROCK POKEMON! GRASS AND WATER POKEMONS ARE GOOD AGAINST TEH ROCK TYPE! USE GRASS AND WATER POKEMAHNS!

The weaknesses they have just aren't adressed at all in most of the gym.

this is so true! Never really found any hard, apart from the 'Elite Four' if you want to call them a gym, but some leveling normally solves that problem!

Years
  • Blaine was definitely the easiest in FR/LG. There was no "difficult" aspect on his style of play. It was simply brute force, which just doesn't work when the opponent has the type advantage.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Definitely Brock and Blaine in FR, and Roxanne in Emerald. If you had chosen a Squirtle or a Mudkip, at least. The first gyms, except Falkner, are always dead easy if you have a water or grass type.

Years
  • I started my FireRed again the other day and am going through the game with just my Charizard, easiest gym was Erika totally destroyed her Pokemon with flamethrower.

Back