• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I heard Red was tough?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    He's not that hard if you have a Pokemon with a move that has its weakness. Like, I had my Dugtrio use Earthquake on Pikachu. :P It's my easiest way on beating Red.

Dugtrio lvl. 76 = Earthquake on Pikachu
    Raichu lvl. 78 = Thunder on Lapras, Blastoise, and Charizard
    Typhlosion lvl. 85 = Eruption on Venusaur
    Lucario lvl. 88 = Aura Sphere on Snorlax

AvianAzure

The Azurean Knight
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    Red was a pushover... I beat him with my level 84 tauros... alone =/

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    I've yet to give Red an honest go. I did however for the lawls approached him 30 levels under leveled, unprepared and without my full team. As I recall I didn't actually have any problem getting by Pikachu, and I think I lucked out on beating his second pokemon, though I can't remember...what I do remember though is being wrecked by his blastoise..though i did cause Red to heal it once >_>

I think before I give read an honest go, I'll beat the Elite Four the second time around first.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    Considering that I could not beat the Elite 4 in the second run with my SS Pokemon (Magmortar, Tyranitar and Exeggutor) with Lance whooping my ass, I doubt I could defeat Red, unless I use the rest of my team which range from lv. 89-100, but that would take the fun out of the game.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    What do you mean by Set battle style?

Ever played a battle with a friend? Basically it's where you can't switch in Pokemon once you've defeated an opponent. You can only switch whilst still in the battle and thus risk getting hurt every time.

Shift is the default setting (edit in Options) that every Pokemon game uses and allows you to switch in Pokemon, should you choose to.

Hope this helps. :)

Red was a pushover... I beat him with my level 84 tauros... alone =/

Epic. :D

A few words of advice: Turn on the GB Sounds for the fight.

I'm doing that next time. Nostalgia for the win.

Why the **** is this thread so popular?

Because it is a good discussion to talk about? Bloody hell. :mad:

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
    The first and only time I've faced Red so far, his Pikachu alone took out three of my Pokemon. So I would considered him the hardest trainer in all generations so far.

Back