• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ice, Ghost and Fire types!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They have shown mostly Fire and Psychic, which is okay but I really want to see more Ghost and Dark types.

I think the balance between Ghost/Derk/Psyduck will be even.

Hahahaha what did I just typo. Dark and psychic, that is. I think they're just lulling is into the thought that there will be more Fire/Psychic types, but... I think it'll even up soon pretty much, somewhat like generation 1, I guess.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I think the balance between Ghost/Derk/Psyduck will be even.

Hahahaha what did I just typo. Dark and psychic, that is.

What's the matter, Psyduck got your tongue? Thats goin my sig, btw. But I would love to see some Ice/Dark/Ghosts near the begining. And sometime I'm gonna check the actual numbers on each type, see how even it actually is. And I would love for some kickin bug Pokemon, because they seem to get so little attention and power.

Years
  • What's the matter, Psyduck got your tongue? Thats goin my sig, btw. But I would love to see some Ice/Dark/Ghosts near the begining. And sometime I'm gonna check the actual numbers on each type, see how even it actually is. And I would love for some kickin bug Pokemon, because they seem to get so little attention and power.

i think i saw on a scan from poke beach there was a supposed Bug/Dark type on there, now that would be cool, if true that is.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
  • Yeah, so far I know Water and normal types have the highest number.
    I would like to see more fighting type, ghost types, and I'm a pyromaniac so I'm hoping some Pokemon with those type with designs to my liking.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Matt-O, I don't think it'll ever suck, but the metagame is just so naturally anti-Scizor, even without trying. A Ghost/Steel-type would absolutely rock, though, if it's bulky anyway.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • I would like a decent Ice type pokemon. They are personally my favorite type. Ice types are often overshadowed because of their 4 weaknesses and one resistance. I would like something like froslass, except for better offensive stats. An Ice/Steel type would be good if it had solid rock as a ability. The only decent typings with Ice would be:
    -Dragon/Ice
    -Ice/Electric
    -Ice/Ghost

Ghost types need to be paired up with more types like steel, rock, and water.

I think we have a lot of fire types, but sinnoh and Hoenn didn't add that much.

A Steel/Ghost type would be really weird:D You know, ghosts are not made of solid material, and steel is the most substantial type there is...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • But its pokemon so there is not always logic behind things. I would prefer there is some more Dark Types just so we can see a Dark Gym for once.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As awesome as a steel/ghost type sounds, that discussion should stay in this thread. However, continue to discuss why we need more of a certain type :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Hmmm. Its hard for me to think up types but wat about something like Water/Fire, i know, i know not very orignal but it would be really sick.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As awesome as a steel/ghost type sounds, that discussion should stay in this thread. However, continue to discuss why we need more of a certain type :)

Hmmm. Its hard for me to think up types but wat about something like Water/Fire, i know, i know not very orignal but it would be really sick.
    gop to that thread for new unique type combos :)
    Well I hope we get lots of Ice, I like Ice types a lot, and I want to use them in the main story line :)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • gop to that thread for new unique type combos :)
    Well I hope we get lots of Ice, I like Ice types a lot, and I want to use them in the main story line :)
    I know, I love ice types! And more electric types. Though, if you go to serebii and see the High Link map (too lazy to find a link XD) you'll see where the path starts and goes mroe to the center, passing by the right mountain. There is an electro cave scan somewhere, I'm guessing in that mountain. Maybe you enter early and finally get a nice Ice (and Electric!) type early.

Years
  • I definitely want more fire types. I really like the fire type and generation 4 really disappointed me. I didn't choose a fire-type as my starter and as a result got like no fire types all game. very bad...

as for ice, well it would be nice if they added some ice (unintentional rhyme). I mean, freezing is one of the five basic status problems (paralyze, burn, poison, sleep, frozen) but I don't think in all my life of playing pokemon (pretty much since the beginning) I have ever used an ice heal. if I ever got frozen (less than 5 times in ... ever) I considered it luck and fortune. more ice types and less water would be excellent (but some of these ice types need to be able to learn surf).

ghost... well though there aren't many ghost types, the ghost type is still common.it's not like you never see a gastly; they're everywhere. etc. ghosts can get a bit annoying some times... gen. 5 needs it's own ghost but I say don't go crazy

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • In my humble opinion they ruined pokemon in the third generation.
    Looking at the concepts of fourth generation and fifth generation, the pokemon just look ridiculous. Honestly, they've strayed to far from what pokemon once was.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    ice types are terrible, they just add weaknesses...look at sneasel. if they could give it water resistance then yea

Years
  • ice types are terrible, they just add weaknesses...look at sneasel. if they could give it water resistance then yea

You cannot be serious. Ice is one of the strongest offensive types in the game, considering they crush dragon, grass, ground, flying, etc. Go battle against a Life orbed Weavile, or Mamoswine. and watch how they will rip teams apart with proper usage

Back on topic, We need more fire types, specifically fast ones. Infernape cant be the only fire typed sweeper in OU. (scarf tran doesnt count >:p ) And they get rid of pesky scizors, jirachis, and celebi's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back