• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Brock does leave fifth Generation: will you be happy?

Will you be happy?

• Yes

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    The ideal anime would be an older Ash, maybe 18 or 17, an older and more attractive female and no team rocket and NO BROCK. They should scrap the old stuff and make the storyline a little darker and more teenage like. That would be good. And new plot elements. Its the same plot to get Pikachu, the same fight to get the badge, the same contests, the same old stuff. ENOUGH! IT IS THE TIME FOR REVOLUTION!!!!! :P
    Brock and team rocket are awesome, no way should they ever get replaced.

And in case you didn't noticed, this is Pokemon if you want more 'mature' pokemon, just read the manga. I remember from when I used to read it, an arbok got its head cut clean off.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • brock should go. i like the old episodes were it was misty, ash and brock, but it is time to start a new story line.

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Brock can't leave. He heals all their pokemon, makes them food and stuff.
    Plus he's the funniest character in the series.

yummoon

Looking For A Legit RedJirachi
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    if they get rid of team rocket i am no longer watching pokemon lol

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • MarstheCar said:
    If Brock is gone, I realize someone worse could join the team. I regret picking 'yes' now.

Yeah someone worse could join Ash on his next adventure. The upside is the fact that at least the new character is new and won't have the same stale feeling that Brock does right now. Right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    I don't mind if Brock leaves but Misty needs to come back because she was the best.

The ideal anime would be an older Ash, maybe 18 or 17, an older and more attractive female and no team rocket and NO BROCK. They should scrap the old stuff and make the storyline a little darker and more teenage like. That would be good. And new plot elements. Its the same plot to get Pikachu, the same fight to get the badge, the same contests, the same old stuff. ENOUGH! IT IS THE TIME FOR REVOLUTION!!!!! :P

NO WAY!!!
    That would ruin everything! Maybe they can be a little older and take Misty back but what your saying is not what I would want to happen.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'd like to ask the people that want to discuss what they want to see in Gen. V to post in this thread since this thread is just your feelings about Brock if he leaves in the upcoming series.

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I think it'd kind of be it for Pokemon if Brock left... aside from Ash and Pikachu he's the only connection to the original series left, and the original series is the only reason old give the new series a chance (I believe, for the most part.) ._. Admittedly, the new voices actors scare me away from the series as it is, but I can't stand that they got rid of Misty and if they get rid of Brock it'll just be like ... over for me.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • You know, I was prepared for Brock to leave before the Advanced Generation started. Now he's been in the show way too long that if he leaves, the uproar could be worse than when Misty left (I'm still sad Misty left, though)... Brock leaving now will be a bit...out of place, I guess.

Bringing in the Black & White player characters as companions to Ash and Pikachu could hold the key to rejuvenating the anime (in part), as more mature situations could arise for once... (I heard that PokeSpe is more mature, but I like the anime chars a bit better, even though I haven't actually read it).

It would be awesome for Brock to revisit in a Black/White arc if he does leave though. Only time will tell...

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I don't think Brock needs to leave entirely, but I want him to leave the party. He could have a sexual harrassment law suit, and then he has to pay off fines by doing odd jobs around Isshu xD so the gang would occasionally see him as a Growlithe walker, or a messenger, or a pokemon-poo-picker-upper. I think we need a new boy who acts really cool, but is really a cry baby. He'd have Mijumaru and do contests. The the usual Female character could be the one from the games, and she could be tough and not pathetic, like May or Dawn. She could be a Pokeathelete, and have Pokabu. Leaving Ash with the obvious grass type, Tsutaja.

I know Brock won't be a lawsuit, but I'm totally serious about the odd job thing. In between every new badge, Brock could be seen doing a new job. And he'd always have female bosses he'd fall for. That way, he has all his charm and comedy, only it'd be funnier because it wouldn't be overused.

Last edited:

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • NO! BROCKY! HE'S SO AWESOME!!! IF HE LEFT I'D HATE THE ANIME THAT I LOVE BUT SCARCELY WATCH!

DJ Surge-N

Can I get a Spinda?
    Years
  • As much as I like innovation and progression, I think keeping the series continuous would be a good idea. That being said, I'd rather Brock stay than leave.

It was already a bit hard leaving Misty, but May and Dawn did make decent replacements. I think with only one person leaving, it makes a newcomer easier to get 'used to'.

I wouldn't like Ash to leave, not at all. The Ash-Pikachu duo makes the series what it is. If that is lost, even the new generation tuning in will likely find that a put off. But Brock should remain, and so should Team Rocket.

Pokemon the series is unlike any other - as boring as it might seem, I think it sticking to the roots is great for the fans, and keeps it going through generations. It means people can re-live it without having felt it suffered so much damage (even the voice actor changing wasn't TOO bad).

But yeah, Brock to stay!

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Maybe. I can't say because if someone cooler like Gary or Ritchie took his place, I'm all for it. Not a new character though, no only epic old characters can replace Brock. xD But if anything, maybe it's better he stays.

YES! Let my boy Gary join the group! Him and Ash is cool now 4 the most part anyway.

Back