• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create a pokemon ability, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Sorry, if someone made a board like this. I'm quite bored.

As the title says, what ability would you make?

I would probably have

"Energy"

Pokemon Descrition: Never has to recharge, but moves are weakened.

Full Description: Moves like Hydro Cannon, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact etc. can be used and never recharge but moves are weakened by 0.5%

ie. If Hyper Beam is 140 base power, with this ability, it would be cut to 70 base power

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Energy could be rather useful on the starters and their elemental hyper beams. :P

Acidic Venom: This pokemon's poison-type attacks will affect steel-type pokemon
    Ionic Feet: This pokemon's electric-type attacks will affect ground-type pokemon
    Dimension Alter: This pokemon's ghost-type attacks will affect normal-type pokemon

...that's all I got for now. >_>

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Instant Attract: This ability causes all Pokémon of a different gender to be infatuated to Gardevoir (the only Pokemon who has it).

Glitch Save Data: This ability corrupts your saved game.
    Pokemon who have it: Missingno., 'M, h Poké, 3TrainerPoké, .4, LM4 and many other Glitch Pokemon.

Dark Guard: Weakens Dark attacks. Some Psychic Pokemon have it. The ability also allows them to attack Dark Pokemon with Psychic attacks.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Dark Guard: Weakens Dark attacks. Some Psychic Pokemon have it. The ability also allows them to attack Dark Pokemon with Psychic attacks.

I knew there was a type immunity I was forgetting about. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Odd Streak: Normal-type resists fight-type. Upon receiving a status condition this poke loses 50% of health.

Holders: Lickitung

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
    Years
    "Glitch"
    Hacks a Pokemon
    or "Transparent"
    Makes enemy miss alot

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Amplify: All Sound-based attacks get raised by 50% (holders are Loudred/Exploud & Kricketune)

Discourage: Upon switching out, opponents Special Attack is lowered by one stage (holders are Dragonite & a few others undecided)

Solar/Inferno/Hydro Battery: Charge moves that share a type with user never require recharging at the expense of HP (1/3 of damage caused). (holders are all final forms of starters)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Jolt: When sleeping Pokemon is hit with an Electric type attack, it wakes up.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Nice Abilites people ^_^

They're really clever. (Except for some of them :P )

*cough* Glitch , and Glitch Save Data *cough*

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
    how about...

Heroic Effort: holder has a 5% chance of ignoring all type advantages and dealling a supereffective attack to its opponent. (only held randomly by pokemon who have been hatched, and they are rarer than shinies)

Corrupt: dark type attacks ignore type weaknesses. thus, the pokemon that hold this ability will either hit supereffective or normally effective. (holders: gengar, tyranitar, sneasel, umbreon, honchkrow, mismagius)

Mind's Eye: attacks will not miss during the first stage of attacks such as fly, dive, dig, etc. (holders: espeon, alakazam, lugia, wobbuffett, medicham, fearow)

Sure Strike: fighting type moves will hit ghost type pokemon. (holders: machamp, hitmonchan, hitmonlee, hitmontop, meditite, hariyama)

all i got!

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Energy could be rather useful on the starters and their elemental hyper beams. :P

Acidic Venom: This pokemon's poison-type attacks will affect steel-type pokemon
    Ionic Feet: This pokemon's electric-type attacks will affect ground-type pokemon
    Dimension Alter: This pokemon's ghost-type attacks will affect normal-type pokemon

...that's all I got for now. >_>

I dont like these too much. Part of the fun of the game is the matchups. If you do these, then strategy just goes out the window. I like the names though.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Downgrade
    If the Pokemon is hit with a critical hit , the move's PP will decrease to 0 .

Ex : Let's say you use a move like RazorLeaf . If it is critical , its PP comes down to 0

ImmunittyBlock
    This ability is only only for Steel Ghost Dark Flying Ground and Normal types .
    The Pokemon's immunitty to a certain type is removed , to make the moves hit with 200 % power .

Ex : Venomoth's Immunity to ground dissapears and his Hyper Beam (example dunno if he can learn it ) hits with 270 power o_0 !

What do you think ? I will post more later ! xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Solar Power

Electric attacks gain 25% power in sunlight (all electric moves with basepower of 75 or less)

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    I have a feeling this thread's gonna get popular.

Super Guard:Opposing attacks with 120 base power or higher are halved.

Erratic:Moves like Mind Reader, Foresight, and other accuracy raising moves are negated. Also includes similar abilities.

Slippery:Negates any move or ability that would otherwise keep a pokemon from switching out.

That's all I've got for now.

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Toxic body - If the enemy uses a physical attack, there is a 5% chance they will be badly poisoned.

Grimer and Muk would have this, and possibly Gulpin and Swalot.

Soft Body - Physical damage is reduced by 20%

once again, Gulpin, Grimer, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back