• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create a pokemon ability, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Auto-Repair - When a pokemon K.O's a pokemon with a Steel type move,negative stat decreases return to normal (Most steel types)

Outcast - When a Weather status (hail,sunnyday,ect.)is out the type of that move is always effective (lets say SD is out and i use Ember on a mudkip it will do normal damge instead of NVE) (Castform)

Outluck - When the pokemon is K.Oed your opponents Stat increases are negated (Murcrow family,misdreavues,super luck pokemon)

Quick Healer - When recovery occurs the recovery gets boosted by 25% (happiny,chansey,blissey,)

Afterblow - same as aftermath but when k.o by a special move it deals damage (same pokes who have aftermath)

Undercover - When Reflect or Light screen is out it it boosts the other stat by 15% (exp.If reflect is in effct it also boosts Sp.Def) (Mime Jr,Mr.mime,Lileep,Cradily,Sheildon,Bastiondon

Outbreak - When Relect or Light Screen is on the field it is automaticly broken (Bonsly,Sudowodo,Anorith,Armaldo,Cranidos,Rampardos)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm digging Quick Feet.

Lasting Light; Light Screen, Reflect, etc. last the entire battle

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Nice Abilities :)

I think Lasting Light, Outluck, Careful Feet, Defensive Stance, Quick Bearing would be nice in the wi-fi battlings :)

Ghost Body would be deadly against most physical users :)

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Desperate Survival: The Shadow pokemon must survive for 3 turns, if the shadow pokemon survives it will cast a Shadow Ball thats equal to 60% of the remaining HP of the foe.
    Blood Hunger: The dark/normal pokemon bites the foe, draining it's blood, if the foe is affected by; paralyze, poison etc. your pokemon will be affected too. However it will drain blood 3-4 times, each time decreasing the emeny by 5 to 10% of its HP and transferring it to the pokemon.
    Light of Hope: Any kind of pokemon except shadow, emits a light which causes the Shadow pokemon unable to battle, also if a Shadow pokemon is on the field it will gain 10 HP damage per turn. It lasts for the whole battle.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Intelligent: This Pokemon's Special increases by 1.5. If confused, the Special will be cut in half.

Idea I had for an ability for a Fakemon.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Special Intimidate. Don't know about the name, though...

Okay, a better one. Wound Healer. Heals 1/16 every turn. Maybe Blissey's secondary ability. (To make it even more annoying, lol.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Karma Master- If a Pokemon uses an electric type move on it, the Pokemon will becomes paralyzed, etc.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    No Grace - Increase moves base power by 10% (Basicly the same as LO i think) but added effects are negated (30% chance of Paralysis will be negated)

Boost Battler - Speed double but both defences are halfed

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    An interesting thread! Here's some:

Team Spirit: When switched out, temporary effects on this Pokémon will be transferred to whoever switches in. (i.e an automatic Baton Pass) Increases happiness gain rate of Pokémon in the same party.

Kleptomaniac: This Pokémon swaps hold items with its opponent upon switch-in. (i.e an automatic Trick) Takes double damage from Arceus' Judgment. (XD)

Sociobiologist: EVs are treated as having no effect while this Pokémon is in play (i.e stat values are treated as though the Pokémon had 0 EVs in everything). Eggs received while this Pokémon is in the party have an increased chance of inheriting the parents' highest IVs.

Saboteur: All health-recovery moves used while this Pokémon is in play deal damage equal to 1/4 the user's health. Nullifies Leftovers recovery and abilities such as Rain Dish.

And just for the sheer hilarity:

Quantum Physicist: While this Pokémon is in play, all moves used by the opponent have a 25% chance to act as though Metronome were chosen instead, and Pokémon with the Simple ability have their accuracy lowered by two stages.

Last edited:

nohakman

Fear the Cadian Lucario!
    Years
    "Counterattack": makes first-of-turn attacks (like mach punch and quick attack) have a 50% chance of missing, and increases the users' move by 150% (ex: an attack with a power rating of 70 goes up to 105)

Last edited:

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Endurance: Pokemon who have it can't faint the first turn

Ecarg Eneres (opposite of Serene Grace): Pokemon with this ignore the most annoying ability ever: Serene Grace.
    I really like how I thought of this one.

Venom: Pokemon with it will poison the opponent when they attack with a Poison-type move.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    tag team.when in double battles, the holders partner gets 2 random stats raised by 1 level each
    holders:plusle,minun,volbeat,illumise (any pokemon who were out in a pair apart from fossil pokemon AKA pluse and minun)

can we post made up attacks and items on this thread,on serebii they have one and its ace

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    No Grace - Increase moves base power by 10% (Basicly the same as LO i think) but added effects are negated (30% chance of Paralysis will be negated)

Ecarg Eneres (opposite of Serene Grace): Pokemon with this ignore the most annoying ability ever: Serene Grace.
    I really like how I thought of this one.

Its pretty wierd how my abitliy is the better version of yours so dont say "I thought of this one"

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Oposites: All stat enchancing moves used on this pokemon will decrease that stat instead of increase. All stat lowering moves used on this pokemon will increase instead of decrease that stat. also works as a "Intimidate" counter.

An ability that practically balances out, as it isn't ridiculously strong, but not too weak.
    of course there is a disadvantage, but in double battles, your teamate can use "tickle" on you, while you sweep!
    XD

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Nice abilites ~

And feel free to post fake items and attacks but most people won't since I can't change the title.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    Fierce Stance

Lower's the opponent's Attack and Speed and makes the attacks of the Pokemon's type 35% stronger.

So if Houndoom had this ability, it would gradually increase the power of Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Bite or Beat Up and make it 35% stronger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back