• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you just started your journey...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Interesting thread you got here.
    Well, guess the region and starters clashing won't be a huge issue.

Region: Hoenn. Seems the warmest, so that is a plus.

Reaction: Oh I wake up and oh my god what is that thing! *Bellsprout waves*
    Then I'll probably run away from it shouting "internet animation!" in a state of panic, until I arrive at a town or another traveling trainer calms me down, defeats the Bellsprout (still chasing me) and tells me where the nearest town is.

I'll probably be pretty upset and confused at first, but grow to accept where I am in a while.

Starter: Bulbasaur

Travel With Others:
    Don't mind. But two's company, three's a crowd.

With Who: A tsundere maid (with Mawile) and a companion cube robot (with Magneton and Beldum) in search for a soul.
    The latter is probably the result of an experiment by one of the scientists, while I have no idea where the former comes from.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Region: Johto

Reaction: Excited;; a little nervous, maybe unwilling to leave home at first

Starter: Chikorita

Travel With Others:
    Maybe 2 or 3 people I trust completely

With Who: Probably the friends I trust the most; the ones I have in mind would probably have Torchic and Piplup, respectively, as starters.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Region: Kanto, because it's the original place.
    Reaction: "I got to carry that bloudy tent?"
    Travel: With a group of mates, not one or two. Maybe three or four, always be chat and have a good laugh.
    Starter: I'd pick Bulbasaur for the sensibility of it, the best starter Pokémon due to it's gentle nature and has various uses like getting apples of trees?

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    Region- Hoenn
    Reaction- *sings original pokemon theme song*
    Starter- for hoenn's starters i would go with Mudkip
    Travel with others-Yarrr
    They would be- May to take a break and watch contests.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Region:sinnoh(johto was awesome, but i just thought sinnoh was more mixed and much bigger)
    reaction: "!" I'm in the pokemon world! Now i can talk to people who say the exact same thing, and go in random houses without anyone caring.
    starter:turtwig of course.
    Travel with others:yeah, its pretty hard to survive by yourself.
    they would be: ruby,gold, dawn, and just close friends on PC.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I would start in the place of my birth. Im guessing Hoenn because thats where contests were born.

Starter - torchic

Travel with Harley

Reaction - Dunno. Its kinda dorky.

Harley? That guy with the pruple hair? I never liked that guy for some reason. Pretty cool, all of you have diffrent thoughts on if you started your journey :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Region: Jōto — apricorns; berries; plenty of mountains, lakes and flora; yet still enough people around to extort. Fun much.
    Reaction: Ah bugger this, it's cold. I like cake... I shall pack lots of cake.
    Starter: Girafarig, just for that OMGWTFISTHAT look on my opponents' faces, and because it's unconditionally awesome.
    Travel with others: No.
    They would be: Alice Margatroid. I said no.

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
    Oh I'l give it a shot

Region:Sinnoh
    Reaction: OMG I'm a traineer, i'm a trainer. i'm a trainer, wait I forgot to go get my pokemon...
    Starter:Chimchar
    Travel with others:No, unless it was Ruby, then yes i'd travel with him

that's what i got.

hey this is for my best friend, she doesn't have a computer but i' will post it for her

Region:Sinnoh
    Reaction:*faint*
    Starter:Piplup
    Travel with others:yes
    Who would they be: Her best friend Starr and boyfriend Sam

that's what she said

Last edited:

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Region: Definitely Johto. Johto has the coolest Pokemon and the best-looking types.

Reaction: AAAHHH! What the-? *crashes into tree of Pidgeys* MUMMY! *Now I have to forage for some berries* I NEED HELP TO SURVIVE HERE!
    Starter: Chikorita (Or Evee, like Gary) or Meowth
    Travel With Others: Are you kidding me?? Of course I would travel. I wouldn't want to be robbed by bad trainers
    With Who: ... Sakura and her Evees

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Region
    Johto

Reaction
    Freakin' Epic. I get to travel the world with no parental supervision and deadly monsters!

Starter
    Totodile, to become Feraligatr later!

Travel w/ Others
    Naw, a crew is important but me and my pokemon would be enough. Unless I randomly met some chick like Ash always does.

They Would Be
    Me, Myself, and I

----------------
    Listening to: Gym Class Heroes - Blinded By The Sun
    via FoxyTunes

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Hmm.. I'll make this the first post I make, after my 3-4 week absence. (thought I was gone MUCH longer, though) By the way; I'm going to go by Anime concept on Pokemon, since there are a lot less restrictions on where people can come from and where they can travel.

Region:
    Probably Sinnoh, because it has a place that I'd really feel at home in; Snowpoint City.

Reaction:

"Ahh... the day I get to travel the Region has finally come... I'm looking forward to travel with my dear Pokemon partner." ~<3

Starter:

I would go with Eevee, because, like my Username suggests, I'd love to end up with a Glaceon. <3 The Eevee in question; just to give a bit of back story, would have been a gift from my parents, about a year before my journey started.

Travel Companions:
    To start off with, I wouldn't be travelling with anyone, however, I would meet plenty of interesting people; maybe some who would tag along for a little while. But no definitive travel companions.

----------
    Just to add a little more to this, I'd likely make tracks for Eterna City as my first destination; starting from Snowpoint City.
    <3 Snow. <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Region: Johto, because Silver was my favorite game and it brings back good memories.

Reaction: Awesome, I hope I meet a lot of pokemon along my way to become the champion, some to battle with, some to have to brag.

Starter: An Espeon, or at least an Eevee with a maxed friendship rating and it be DAY.

Travel companions: Perhaps a close friend, but no strangers. It's not as enjoyable when someone you barely know is there.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Region: Probably Hoenn, it was my favourite of the regions in the games and anime, and I just love the layout of it and everything |D;
    Reaction: I'd probably be pretty excited, but I doubt I'd scream or anything. Probably just sing whatever song was stuck in my head at the time :[
    Starter: I'm going to assume I'm limited to the starters for the region I'm starting in, so... Mudkip, I guess.
    Traveling with others: More then likely. I know Ausaudriel would jump at the chance to come with me, and we'd probably drag along whoever we could from 9" Pizza and IRC XD;

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Region - Sinnoh
    Reaction - ZOMG! Done...
    Travel with others - Most likely
    Starter - Bulbasaur
    Who would it be? - Dawn, DUH. XD

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Region - Johto
    Reaction - Yay! I I'm off to a journey, how boring. Well, maybe my reaction would just be calm and happily go on with my Cyndaquil.
    Travel with others - Yes
    They would be - Typhlosion, Pidgeotto, Lapras, Slowking, Ho-oh, the 3 Legendary Birds and Lugia.

Ocelot

Not your ordinary creep...
    Years
    Region: Sinnoh
    Reaction: I'm off! Hope I don't die in a ditch somewhere along the way...
    Starter: Cyndaquil
    Travel with others: Not at first. Maybe later.
    They would be: Someone going the same way I am.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2009
    Region: Johto
    Reaction: Oh my god! Yes!
    Travel with others- Nah
    Starter- Eevee

Back