• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'll plant a berry here... and one there... and... [ #27 ]

How do you feel about the lack of berries?

• Total voters

Backup

Maybe Next Time
Years
  • I'm actually a bit upset about not being able to plant berries anywhere around the region.

I always thought that it was a little fun but now you can only really get berries from the Ranger people who give them to you. :( Sure, there's the Dream World but it's not the same.

It's too bad they took the feature out. It never hurt anybody. I hope they reintroduce it in a future game.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I think it's ridiculous, as you need certain berries for competitive battling (- Stat Berries). It's hard to EV Train without access to those.

Don't know what possessed them to remove it.

Years
  • I liked that in R/S/E (I think ...) they had a little "Berry Farm" sort of area in the game. I would have liked too see that. But with the removal of Contests, I haven't had much use for berries.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    After using the DW and finding berries there, I actually don't mind that there any to "find" other than ones given to you. In fact, if you could obtain them in the region too, there would be too many! :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I'm very disappointed in the fact that you can't get the EV reducing berries in the game. All you can get them from is the Dream World but not everybody's internet will let them access it (like mine for instance). Now if I make one mistake with EV training I'm stuck with it. >_< I'd really like to re-train my starter and the other Pokemon I used in-game too, but the absence of the berries makes it so I can't.

Xena

I have many skills.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I can't stand not having berries. I use them a lot during my EV training and for making my Pokemon happy so they can evolve. I wish they would have added more berries.

Back