• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm 5 foot 8 and want to be taller.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    This is a remake of an old thread I made over a year ago but with some extra stuff added.

How tall are you? Either in inches, centimeters, or feet, whatever system your country uses. Use this to convert feet to cm and this to convert cm to feet if you feel necessary. If not fine by me.

Second question: Do you ever wish you were taller? What about shorter?

Question 3: If you were taller/shorter, what you do that you can't do at your normal height?

Bonus question for younger people: Do you see yourself grow much more? If so how much more do you want to grow?

To answer the question, I'm 5 foot 5 and a half which converts roughly to 167.64 cm. I really wish I was taller cause I can never reach some stuff as easy as others in my family can. Along with that, I feel weird or out of place among most of my friends or other guys my age cause they're usually 3-7 inches taller than I am. And my little brother is 5 foot 8 making him 3 inches taller than me. It's odd that the older brother is shorter than the younger one imo.I'd love to be between 5' 7" and 5'10". If I were several inches taller, then I probably help people shorter than me reach thing they can't. And I'd probably climb on to place that I can't climb on at my normal height. If I were shorter, then I squeeze and fit through areas I can't now and hide in small places and such.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    I'm 6' 2" so 1.84 metres(?) or something like that. My goal used to be to hit 7' which would have been possible had my growth not slowed. I'm only 15, and I haven't had a growth spurt, so there's hope for 6' 8" I think.

I do wish I was taller, as I'm at a height where I'm tall, and people notice, but I don't stick out in a crowd. It's hard to explain. I'm being selfish here though, as I know my friend would kill to even be 5' 10".

If I was taller though, I'd finally be able to dunk, and I'd have to duck under doorways.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm between 5'6'' or 5'7'' I'm never quite sure these days. I like my height though; not too tall but not too short either. Just average!

And with that said moving this to the right forum. ♥

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I think I'm 5'9(175.25 cm) or so, maybe an inch or two shorter. I'd love to hit 6 feet before I stop growing, but I don't think it'll happen if I continue to do what I do. There's not really any practical reason for me wanting to be 6 feet, I just think tallness is a very attractive feature on men, and 6'0-6'6 seems like an ideal height.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm 5' 8.5". I think it would be neat to be a little taller. Maybe just like 5' 10" so I could be a little more intimidating, or at least look like I was above the age of 16. :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Stahp it, you crazy tall people.
    I'm just kidding.

I'm 5'0" (that's about 152 cm, I think), so kinda well under the average even for girls. I haven't grown since I was in the 8th grade, so I'm used to my height and the "ermagerd you're so tiny"/"you gonna grow any more?" comments. Wouldn't complain about being a few inches taller, but I'm okay with it.

I don't really have a reason to want to be taller, I just feel like tall women look better in certain clothes. :P or all clothes, really

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    6'7

i don't want to be taller because the godzilla jokes are tiring enough as it is but my height is really the only distinguishing thing about me so i don't want to be shorter

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'm around 5' 5"/167 cm and contented with it. If I were to be any taller, I don't think lots of guys would be tall enough for me as the average male height in my country is pretty short lol. I'm considered tall as compared to most of my female friends, so I feel blessed to be of this height.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I am 5"11 or 181cm. I am considered above average around where I live and currently tallest in my family. My family isn't really that tall to begin with and I think I probably got my height from my great grandfather who's as tall and as skinny as me. My father and mother is 170 and 165 respectively.

I don't know, I am probably contented with my height, but what bugs me the most is the fact that the double decker buses' second floor here are so short that I have to bend every single time. And I always knock onto something.

I think I will only grow a little more and it will stop. So I guess I will grow to around 6 foot or 183 cm.

And I am probably the skinniest one here. I am only 45kg or about 100lbs and that makes me, beyond underweight in my books.

Last edited:

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    How tall are you?
    1 m and 54 cm.

Do you ever wish you were taller? What about shorter?
    Taller: It might be nice to grow to the average size, but I don't really feel the need for it.
    Shorter: I'm already smaller than the average female, I don't want to be even shorter.

If you were taller/shorter, what you do that you can't do at your normal height?
    Like I said, I'm a really small girl already, I have no clue how it is to be at normal height, or taller.

Years
    1) I'm 5'1".
    2) Yes, I've always wanted to be taller. :P But my family is pretty vertically challenged anyway, so it was never meant to be.
    3) If I was taller, I would love to be able to go clothes shopping and not worry about whether the length of something will sway my decision away from getting it. There are so many times I pick up a nice top but don't get it because it becomes a dress on me and it won't be easily fixed.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm about 188 cm (about 6'1" feet), and I'm considered the tallest among my family so I'm satisfied with it, because I was wishing to be taller once. If I'm shorter, I can't help anyone when turning on and turning off the TV on the high place.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    1. I'm 154cm, which is almost 5'1".
    2. F*ck no! I like the way I am.
    3. If I were taller, I'd be able to reach stuff I can't, which I normally wouldn't be able to do.

Well, my parents aren't tall, so I won't be tall either. They're normal height. I guess I'm gonna be 175cm (5'8"-5'9") tops when I grow up.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    Hello small child, Oh you're an adult? Golly how tall are you?
    I'm 4'11" / 5'0" and I have been since I was 15. I literally haven't grown an inch in the past 6 years.

Do you ever wish you were a normal height for a human, you insignificant bug taller?
    Sometimes, it'd be nice to have an extra few inches although I'm not really bothered.

If you weren't so damn short, taller, what would you do?
    I'd walk into supermarkets specifically to purchase items from the top shelves. I'd also refuse to reach high items for pathetic short people.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm 6'5" (195.58 cm)

I'm perfectly happy with my height in all honesty and have no real desire to be either taller or shorter. If I was shorter some things would be easier sure, but I wouldn't want my sister being taller than me so screw that xD

TY

Im right now 183 cm long, and im quite happy about it, since i used to be one of the smallest people in school xD They say i can become 191 cm though, we will see if i reach that length.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I'm 5'8" or somewhere along those lines (haven't checked for awhile), which is kinda tall for my family but compared to people in my high school I'm definitely below average when it comes to height. I do wish I was somewhat taller, like 5'11", but I'm not too bothered about my height in all honesty.

Years
    5'11''. I'm the joint second tallest person in the entire extended family, tied to my 90 year old grandfather.

I'd like to reach the 6 foot mark, but still, I'm happy with how tall I am, considering how I was one of the shortest persons in elementary school years.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
    5'3" is my height, and one thing I like about it is that it's the same with Mio Akiyama's from K-ON! (<3). To be honest, though, I wish I were a liiitttllee smaller, because well, I almost always bump my head on the cupboards above our sink area; also, sometimes it's hard for me to sit up straight in random vehicles... which annoys me quite a lot. -n-

Back