• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm 5 foot 8 and want to be taller.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I'm 5'6" and I don't really care, although I once dated a guy who was 6'2" and used his height to intimidate me and to make me listen. Let's just say that I don't even speak to that guy anymore...

Tall guys, PLEASE DON'T BE THAT GUY.

Years
    I'm 5'10".. maybe taller at this point? It's been a while since I've last had my height officially checked. I certainly do wish I was taller because at my high school I was a shorty compared to others, but one of the tallest in elementary and middle school. Ironically though, I'm one of the tallest in my family as well.

Years
    I'm pretty sure I'm 6'1" (about 185 cm). Not been officially measured in a couple years, though.

Personally, I don't think I'm all that tall. I do sit a lot further back from the steering wheel than anyone else I know, though.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm 5 foot 4, and I wish I was taller. Why? Because everyone ALWAYS mistakes me as a teenager. I've had a few people go:

Person: Why aren't you in school today?
    Me: ...because I'm 25.
    Person: Oh. O_O

So yeah. Being short is annoying because people think you are younger than what your age is. :[

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm 5'6". When I was little, the doctors estimated I would end up at 5'10". lol nope. I like this height; I don't really like being conspicuous so average is good. Except a lot of my high school friends were the same height as me and I still felt big around them because they were skinnier than I am. I don't like standing out.

also my friend who is 6'1" says I am the perfect height to hug so there's that

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm 5'11" (1.80 meters) and I wish I were a little bit shorter. I'm slightly taller than the average girl, but I guess not by that much. It'd just be nice to be a little shorter so that I'm not towering over most of my girl friends.

I don't think there's much I could do if I were shorter. If I were a little taller, I could theoretically be a model! Theoretically, anyway...

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I think am 4'9 that's cause all female in my dads side are small. Don't want to bee taller as I couldn't get stuff from the middle/bottom shelfs without bending down.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I'm 5'10 and I think I'm still growing, because I was 5'8 6 months ago. Guess I'm one of those late bloomers or something since I'm 20.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    I'm 5'10", which actually makes me a bit shorter than most of my family.

I'd absolutely love to be shorter so that I was more average, but I'm alright with where I am.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    I'm 5'8" (and I'm a girl) and I don't think I'd want to be taller =p If I was shorter, I think it would have been a lot easier for me to find guys who were taller than me in high school! lol

Years
    I'm 5'9'', which I think is around average? I don't know. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get any taller, which is perfectly fine with me. I'm content with my height.

Years
    1) I'm about 5'4", which is 162.56 cm.
    2) I don't really care too much about my height, I think it's fine, but a couple more inches wouldn't hurt. :)
    3) If I were taller I'd finally be able to match my friends in height, since a good number of them are taller than me.
    And as for the bonus question, I don't see myself growing a significant amount. Maybe I'll reach 6 ft someday. ^^

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    I'm 5' 7.5", and I got it checked today, so you're up to date.

Apparently that's tall for a freshman. >_> I'm really pushing for that 6 ft mark, but I dunno if it'll actually happen at this point.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I'm around 5'5" or 5'6" or 166 cm. I got myself measured at the doctor once and at the DMV, but I don't remember if I was wearing sandals to trigger that slight height difference.

Do you ever wish you were taller? What about shorter?
    I'd like to be 5'7", but my height is quite alright.

If you were taller/shorter, what you do that you can't do at your normal height?
    I could get things out of the harder to reach kitchen cabinets. I'M ALWAYS LIKE ONE INCH TOO SHORT

Bonus question for younger people: Do you see yourself grow much more? If so how much more do you want to grow?
    ..Ah who am I kidding. I'm ancient. Poor sleep schedule for some years stunted my growth and I'll never make up for it. >.>

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    I'm 5' 7.5", and I got it checked today, so you're up to date.

Apparently that's tall for a freshman. >_> I'm really pushing for that 6 ft mark, but I dunno if it'll actually happen at this point.
    It is? Are you sure? Cuz I was 6' 0" as a freshman and even that wasn't considered giant.

I'm surprised how many people wouldn't want to be taller, it's so much fun!

Years
    I am 4'11" or 5', depending on who you ask. :p I usually say 5 feet because I'm lazy, but I don't think I've ever technically hit the 5' mark.
    In centimeters, I'm roughly in the 152 range.

Honestly, I don't mind my height! I like the short jokes. If I were to magically be able to grow, I wouldn't want it. And forget shrinking, I have enough issues as is, lol.

A few inches would probably do me wonders. Think of all the shelves I could reach. *___* It's a pain in the grocery store, things on the topmost shelves are out of reach unless they're at the edge. ;~~;

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I'm 173cm although people commented that I grew taller so maybe I'm 174 or 175 now?

Personally, I don't mind growing taller but it's just that I'm so skinny that if I grew any taller I'd be a walking stick. So I wish I'd have some weight to go with the height (of course, when I mean weight I meant muscles not fats!)

Back