• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm 5 foot 8 and want to be taller.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm around 5'5"...i want to be taller i want to at least hit 5'8.Many girls are shorter than me in my class. My dad is 5'7" i want to be taller than him :P

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    I'm exactly 6 feet tall, or about 183 cm. I get my height from my dad's side of the family - my dad and his dad are both around my height.

I don't wish to be taller or shorter - my dad's younger brother is 6'5" and he tells me it's hard being tall.

It doesn't really bother me being tall - most of my guy friends are rather tall. My best friend is even taller than I am. However, my girlfriend is only 5 feet tall, and people say I look like a giant next to her. I joke that we're like Hayden Panettiere and her boyfriend.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm 5' 7.5", and I got it checked today, so you're up to date.

Apparently that's tall for a freshman. >_> I'm really pushing for that 6 ft mark, but I dunno if it'll actually happen at this point.

I'm roughly your age and I'm about 6' 1". Then again my family is quite tall, but I'm probably going to be the tallest in my family when I've stopped growing. Scary.

Years
    I'm 5'11", but one of, if not, the shortest in my group of friends. If I could be taller, that'd be great, but I guess I can't complain.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    How tall are you? Either in inches, centimeters, or feet, whatever system your country uses.

Second question: Do you ever wish you were taller? What about shorter?

Question 3: If you were taller/shorter, what you do that you can't do at your normal height?

Bonus question for younger people: Do you see yourself grow much more? If so how much more do you want to grow?

I'm going to point this out. Over the summer I went to Little Caesar's & they had a measurement on the door to see how tall you are. It said I was 5'7 & a half. About a month & half ago, I did so again at home, I only got 5'6. I'm going on a wire to say 5'6 is about right. I'm the shortest guy in my group, give it or take I know plenty who are shorter than but, but not part of my group of friends.

I never cared for heights to be honest. If you're tall, great. If you're short, great. I wouldn't mind if my significant other is taller than me either. My personality & sense of humor stands out more than my height, anyway. I am 22 years of age, I have nearly 30 nieces and nephews. So far, all the nieces & nephews that are in high school or are going next year, are already taller than me or at least my height. So I'm used to being a short fella in every situation, although I am taller than all my sisters on my mother's side, my father's side have me beat with height as does my father as well.

If I were taller, I'd probably play basketball better, ha.

Sirfetch’d

I am right at 6'1 and I can say that I'm pretty pleased with that. I like the fact that I'm tall because I feel it has a lot of advantages. Although it is hard to sleep on my couch when I'm that long :(

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
    I'm probably the tallest female here so far at a nice 6ft. Though I used to do a lot of modelling when I was younger, having really long legs is what got me the money (and the men but shh).

Saying that it's an absolute nightmare finding jeans long enough! I have to order XXLong ones or get mens jeans just so they don't ride up my legs. Being shorter would mean I could wear clothes I actually want to wear. Skirts are nice and all, but it's cold in winter! I would like to be around 5"10. I couldn't bear to be short though I love being tall.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm 5' 9" exactly. Sometimes I wish I was just taller by about 2-3 inches to get close to the 6' mark. I can't see myself growing any more; been exactly the same height as I was when I was 14.

Years
    Am 6'1" and want to be shorter so I can be more comfy in chairs
    ride the bus or LRT without fretting over bench in front pressing against my knees
    sleep on a matress without my feet hanging off the end
    would think it to have some sway on employment and work

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think I'm 5'11, which I think is a decent height. I would like to be about three or four inches taller, though, but I'm content with my height as it is now. I'm taller than my dad, which is important to me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm 5'8", which is perfectly fine with me. I can reach the top shelves at my workplace easily, which means that I'm handy to spot in the aisles. But I'm not so tall that I stick out in a crowd. I do wish that the world was a little more accommodating towards tall people, where seats are high enough for our legs to stretch out or counters were high enough so I don't have to bend at an awkward angle and hurt my knees to reach the sink.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm 13-184 cm, depending on my weight. I gained a few pounds, lost a centimeter of height. Lost it again, and then it came back. Somehow. But yeah, I wanna be taller. Somewhere in the 187 department. And I can too apparently, if I go down to 90 kilos.

Years
    Just like my dad, I had my final growth spurt quite late (as in, not long after my 21st birthday), and I topped off somewhere between 6' and 6' 1"/182-185 cm. I'd been 5'11"/180 cm for a few years prior to that.

While I don't wish I was that much taller, an extra inch or two would've been nice. Right back to my younger days in elementary, I was always one of the taller guys in class, so it was disappointing when the other kids height finally caught up to me and eventually passed my own, and I ended up not much taller than average.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I'm 15 and I'm already 6'1.6 (187cm), while my parents and siblings are of average/short stature. It's so creepy that I was just about 5'3 (160cm) when I joined this forum. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yes, I wish that I was at least 6 feet tall. I'm 5'9 roughly, ad I may grow an inch or two. I wish I was taller, then I would get more attention, and I could reach things higher up. Te only downside is that I would not be as good at hide and seek. I think I could grow maybe an inch or two more.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I'am 5'10". above avarege in our country. Wish I was taller, which may seem to be impossoble now. I think my growth spurt stopped already, but still hoping! Wish. i'd hit around 6'0" and gain more weight! ( I'am skinny!)

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
    5'9", somewhere in that general area and I'm fine with it. I may be short for a guy but I'm toned up so I don't see a deal with my height. I'd like to grow a few inches but I think that time is over knowing I'm past the 20+ mark haha.

Back