• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Name Change Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • Sad to see this happen, but the only other username I'd want ('Envy' by itself is taken... Of course by somebody who hasn't logged on for like 4 years.)

So I guess that means I'm stuck with this... D: Always hate having that "II" on the end!

Oh well, what must be done must be done. I never knew name changes had such a big effect on servers...

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Aren't the usernames appearing in posts only for if the account gets deleted, so that they will then be a 'guest' with that username as their name in those posts? It's not really important to be changed. I'm with IceSage, a mod could work.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've always expected something like this to be an April Fools joke, never to be actually real. It's sad though, all the people who will sign up during PC's future never got to experience name changes, oh well. :(

Will the previous usernames thing (when you hover over the usernames) come back after the final changes? Or is that just not necessary anymore?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • Sad to see the name changes go but oh well im fine with my name it would be good if when registering you put you have to keep this user name.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Well at least now I can't get confused If someone changes their user and I mistake the person saying I don't know them

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When is the date of my next available change?

Note that we're doing this to be nice. Don't just assume that because we're giving everyone a "free" and unrestricted (as far as time limits go) name change, that you should take advantage of this to frivolously change your name.

^ It's during the next two weeks or never.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • I've been hehe for the first time in February 2004. Back then, there was no name changes, and things worked pretty well. I still think that two names is not a bad idea. If you want to know who the user is, look at his/her profile, which would have an not-changeable name.

But you know what you do.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • old-pokehacker100
    new - ~Gary~

LOL, you post on the wrong thread, dude!

Anyway... I like my username the way it is. :3

Ummm... can there be an annual name changing fortnight? :3
    And who is the Typhlosion and Gardevoir in the notice?

Please don't hate me. ;~;

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    It's good to know that I, as a proud member of the clan of no name changes, won't be affected by this whatsoever.
    On the upside, this will teach people to put more thought into their usernames and it eliminates that brief moment of confusion that you feel when someone on your friends list gets a name change and you have to figure out who they are.

I couldn't agree more. Even if I did have a name change once, that was mainly to remove a couple of hypens. And since this removal is going to improve PC's perfomance, that's a nice bonus.

Years
  • Won't this nullify that identity emblem?
    If they can't change their name, how'll it be hard to work out who they are, if that makes sense?

But I'm still glad that I'll hopefully be able to post walls of text and then knowing that the chances of losing it are much lower then they used to be. :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I always thought that name changes were just a privilege and not a right. If one of our said 'privileges' is literally killing PC, then I've got no problem with its departure. Its for our own good. Just go away, you darn name change system!! :O

Won't this nullify that identity emblem?
    If you can't change your name, how'll it be hard to work out who they are, if that makes sense?
    I dun think that it'll. :o

(Oh, and I don't think that I'll get it changed nao. I'm fine with being stuck with 'Derozio' forever. Its a cool name, afterall. xD)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Well... I guess we can keep that for a few weeks so people get used to the new usernames, but afterward I wanna clean out the database a bit and remove all of that old stuff.
    Wait, does that mean that the previous usernames in our statistics would forever be removed? :O

.. Awe, man. It was always fun going to other peoples' profile and looking up their previous usernames..

ShinyZangoose

HarshViper's hackin!(It's me.)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Im confused.. I wanna change my name, but where?? Which thread am I supposed to post it in? :S

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Won't this nullify that identity emblem?
    If they can't change their name, how'll it be hard to work out who they are, if that makes sense?

But I'm still glad that I'll hopefully be able to post walls of text and then knowing that the chances of losing it are much lower then they used to be. :D

You can still have a zillion alts XD I know some people who will start getting alts when they feel like using a new name.

Years
  • I wanted to change my usernme so it has a capital, but whatever, it's not that important, I'll just stick with this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back