• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hey, everyone. I'm hoping this is the correct section to post this in...
    I recently got the Mew code card, but I don't have a Pokemon game anymore. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the code card with the Special Demo Version of AR/OS, and then have it transferred over once I buy the game.

I'm hoping to do this so I don't forget before the end of May (when the Mew expires). I noticed on the Demo description, it says some items can be transferred, but for all I know, it might not even have a way to enter the code in the Demo Version. :P

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can't insert codes like that on the Special Demo Version. You actually need a copy of a 6th Gen main series game to use the code.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    This is starting to be annoying, I'm getting rare pokemons and I can't recognize if they are fake or not. Can someone explain me how can I recognize fake/hacked from real pokemons? I do not want fake pokemons in my team.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
    This is starting to be annoying, I'm getting rare pokemons and I can't recognize if they are fake or not. Can someone explain me how can I recognize fake/hacked from real pokemons? I do not want fake pokemons in my team.

You mean through Wondertrade? I don't think there is a foolproof way to avoid receiving hacked monsters. You will have to rely on your own judgement. Usually shinies with maxed IVs or mythical status are illegitimate Pokémon.

As Sun suggests, one way to avoid this is to arrange trades to your liking with trusted people. The power (and weakness) of Wondertrade is that you open yourself to receive really anything from anyone across the globe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Yea, but since I want to participate on Kanto classic I can't really confirm if my pokemons aren't hacked.

Years
    As Elysieum said, you can avoid Wonder Trade and try trading with people who know they are trading legit Pokemon. Our Trade Corner section has a lot of trusted regulars who would be happy to help you, and if you think you have a suspicious Pokemon you can always check this thread to report it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2016
    Lugia help?

So I beat Lugia without saving my game, then I beat the league, and i assume i must have beaten him again possibly? I can't really remember. So i went to go beat the league again and Lugia isn't re-appearing. Have I lost my chance at capturing him? I need to catch him so I can find Suicune, Raiku and Entei.

Years
    So I beat Lugia without saving my game, then I beat the league, and i assume i must have beaten him again possibly? I can't really remember. So i went to go beat the league again and Lugia isn't re-appearing. Have I lost my chance at capturing him? I need to catch him so I can find Suicune, Raiku and Entei.

I'm pretty sure that you don't need the one specifically in your game to trigger other legendary encounters, it'll also accept ones that have been traded or Pokemon Bank transferred. You can try asking in the Trade Corner section around PC and I'm sure someone will be happy to trade a Lugia to you.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I have noticed a lot of people trading Pokemon in the Love Ball. Is that only available from breeding transferred over Pokemon?

Yea, there's no way to get it in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. You can get it by transferring a Pokémon from HG/SS or by breeding one of said transferred Pokémon. But other than that there's no way to obtain one of the balls in the game.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Defog only existed as an HM move in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. The page for Giratina on Bulbapedia only shows its Gen 6 moveset by default, and since there is no Defog TM/HM in Gen 6, it can't learn Defog while in any game that's not D/P/Pt. But it lists Giratina as being able to learn Defog in general on the Defog page since it can learn it in Gen 4, and it shows as much by having only the Gen 4 box being checked for it.

Something to keep in mind with Smogon sets is that it assumes you're playing on Pokemon Showdown, where theoretically possible but generally difficult to obtain stat+move combinations on cartridge are as easy as a few clicks or keystrokes. Defog Giratina (or Defog anything really) is one of those things.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,
    I was wondering what the best natures for Swellow and Mew are and why? Thank you for all of your help and insight!!!!! :)

Years
    Hey everyone,
    I was wondering what the best natures for Swellow and Mew are and why? Thank you for all of your help and insight!!!!! :)

By Smogon standards, Swellow tends to be recommended to use a Jolly nature (because speed is its focus) while Mew sets recommend a +Sp. Def nature, notably Careful or Calm.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hey everyone,

Mew works with almost any natures, because that Pokemon is fluid. So it really depends on your set!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    By Smogon standards, Swellow tends to be recommended to use a Jolly nature (because speed is its focus) while Mew sets recommend a +Sp. Def nature, notably Careful or Calm.

I understand. Would adamant not be a good choice for swellow at all? Also, what nature do people usually recommend for Mew, careful or calm even though they are similar? Thank you!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I understand. Would adamant not be a good choice for swellow at all? Also, what nature do people usually recommend for Mew, careful or calm even though they are similar? Thank you!
    Adamant unfortunately drops its Speed to just below that of a max Speed base 110 poke, and that's an important speed benchmark in the current competitive meta.

As for Mew, it depends on what moves you're running. Calm drops Attack while Careful drops Sp.Attack, so you use Calm if you're not running any physical moves on it, and Careful if you're not running any special attacks on it. But like Sun said Mew allows for some degree of flexibility so you can probably experiment with stuff.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Adamant unfortunately drops its Speed to just below that of a max Speed base 110 poke, and that's an important speed benchmark in the current competitive meta.

As for Mew, it depends on what moves you're running. Calm drops Attack while Careful drops Sp.Attack, so you use Calm if you're not running any physical moves on it, and Careful if you're not running any special attacks on it. But like Sun said Mew allows for some degree of flexibility so you can probably experiment with stuff.

I understand. Are Mew's physical or special attacks more powerful?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,

So, I'm wondering, if I should keep this Hoopa:

Hasty Nature IVs: 30-31, 30-31, 30-31, 30-31, 30-31, 26-27

So, what do you guys think? Everything is perfect except speed, but still pretty good! Thank you all for your advice and insight, it is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back