• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Thanx sopheria. I'll try when I get home. The only stuff I could find on the net was bout pokeball. I didn't no cause I have no one else to trade with. Hence the two ds's lol

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    I'm going to start taking on the Battle Maison. I'm EV training all of the Pokemon I'll be using straight from the hatch. I know they drop all levels to 50 in the Maison, so is there any point to training the Pokemon I want to use all the way to 100 before going in?

RawrMonkey

bloop
    Years
    I'm going to start taking on the Battle Maison. I'm EV training all of the Pokemon I'll be using straight from the hatch. I know they drop all levels to 50 in the Maison, so is there any point to training the Pokemon I want to use all the way to 100 before going in?

Unless they have moves you need that they can't learn before level 50, no. If you're going to use them outside of the Maison, go crazy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,
    So, I was wondering what would be the best nature for Mega Gyarados? Would it be Jolly or Adamant and if so why? Thank you all for your advice and insight, it is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

Years
    Hey everyone,
    So, I was wondering what would be the best nature for Mega Gyarados? Would it be Jolly or Adamant and if so why? Thank you all for your advice and insight, it is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

Smogon actually recommends either Jolly or Adamant, so it's not going to matter which one you go with.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    This doesn't quite fit here, because it's more of a request for research, but I don't know a better place to ask it.

In the PokeNav Plus map, the description for Route 118 says that it connects the East and West sides of the Hoenn region. Similarly, Route 104 says that it runs North and South of Petalburg Woods.

This is of course incorrect; Hoenn is based on Kyushu, but rotated 90 degrees. Route 118 actually connects the North and South halves of Hoenn, and Route 104 actually runs East and West of Petalburg Woods. My first instinct is that it was just a localization mistake; can anyone check the relevant descriptions in Japanese (or other languages)?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2017
    Gamestop Entei Legit?

So recently I traded for a Entei with the OT GAMESTP, knowing that there was an event a few years back. It has the same nature as all other event Enteis and the same moves. So basically it looks fine. But when I went to checks its IV's it had perfect 6 iv's. I don't know if someone cleverly hacked it or if I just got really lucky. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So recently I traded for a Entei with the OT GAMESTP, knowing that there was an event a few years back. It has the same nature as all other event Enteis and the same moves. So basically it looks fine. But when I went to checks its IV's it had perfect 6 iv's. I don't know if someone cleverly hacked it or if I just got really lucky. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It could very easily be a hack. When people use Pokégen in 6th gen, they're able to replicate every aspect of the Pokémon, right down to the OT and "met at" date. There's other things you can check for to verify that it's not a hack, such as whether or not the "met at" date is valid for that event, but there's no guarantee you can tell for sure from that. Having 6 perfect IVs is no guarantee it's a hack, but there's also a chance that it is.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    Staryu

I'm beginning to think all the sites that tell me Staryu can be found fishing in Lilycove are trolling me. Is it just not possible to find this thing?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'm beginning to think all the sites that tell me Staryu can be found fishing in Lilycove are trolling me. Is it just not possible to find this thing?

Use a super rod. Even with that, it's only like a 5% chance. You'll be there for a while if you really want one.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    As Rainbow said, it's a rare encounter with Super Rod. The bright side is, once you catch one you can easily DexNav them so you won't need to constantly chance with the rod.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How long does it take for a traded pokemon to reach fully happiness? Everyone and their dog keeps INSISTING on putting Return on every normal pokemon that can learn it, but they obviously only use the battle simulators because it is taking FOREVER to make out the happiness on my traded pokemon! So on a newly hatched pokemon in Lumiose it takes about 20 minutes of spinning in a circle on your bike at any intersection to max your happiness, however, newly hatching pokemon gives them a certain amount of happiness when you first hatch it anyway, so it's already starting off higher than a traded pokemon, which starts it's happiness at 0. I am using the wedged joystick trick to go around the island of the Battle Resort in ORAS with my traded Rayquaza to teach it Draco Meteor, but after 20 minutes it wasn't happy enough, I went around the island another 15 minutes, STILL not happy enough so I'm going around the island some more.

So first off, people need to stop suggesting moves based off a simulator because running around or at least 35 minutes (but it will be more) to get the pokemon's happiness maxed so that Return is maxed every single time you want to trade it is a ridiculous undertaking.

But the main point, HOW long do I need to be spining around before the happiness of a traded pokemon is maxed? I'm at 5 minutes on this go around, which brings my grand total to 40 minutes of spinning around this island.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    I have always found the EV-reducing berries to be extremely helpful in maxing happiness. Just use the berry for the stat that isn't important and doesn't have any EV's in it. Throwing a Soothe Bell on the Pokemon and grabbing a massage helps too.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    newly hatching pokemon gives them a certain amount of happiness when you first hatch it anyway, so it's already starting off higher than a traded pokemon, which starts it's happiness at 0.
    I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your post correctly, but you're implying all traded Pokemon start off with 0 Happiness?
    Every Pokemon has a set base happiness, which goes to that same base happiness whether you trade or hatch, so you hatch a Bulbasaur, it's happiness is 70, if you receive one in it trade, it will be 70, Clefairy with 140, etc.
    In your case with Rayquaza, you are correct that it starts of with 0, and going by your method, it will take a VERY long time, because starting in gen 5, you get +2/+1 happiness (depending on current happiness) every 128 steps, and even then, it's only a 50% chance. So the method of riding around is easily one of the slowest ways to gain happiness.

This page is extremely helpful.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friendship#Generation_VI

So, to answer your question, by your method, all day, at least. If you insist on doing this method only, have it hold a soothe bell, it doubles the happiness you gain, thus halving the time it takes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your post correctly, but you're implying all traded Pokemon start off with 0 Happiness?
    Every Pokemon has a set base happiness, which goes to that same base happiness whether you trade or hatch, so you hatch a Bulbasaur, it's happiness is 70, if you receive one in it trade, it will be 70, Clefairy with 140, etc.
    In your case with Rayquaza, you are correct that it starts of with 0, and going by your method, it will take a VERY long time, because starting in gen 5, you get +2/+1 happiness (depending on current happiness) every 128 steps, and even then, it's only a 50% chance. So the method of riding around is easily one of the slowest ways to gain happiness.

This page is extremely helpful.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friendship#Generation_VI

So, to answer your question, by your method, all day, at least. If you insist on doing this method only, have it hold a soothe bell, it doubles the happiness you gain, thus halving the time it takes.

Ah didn't know about the base happiness (and I wasn't implying, I was stating it specifically, just to clarify language use) so thanks for that, but your math is way WAY off! It takes 45 - 50 minutes to max Rayquaza's happiness I found out. But thanks for the base happiness info because that's a HUGE problem with so many pokemon sites, they simply say "Base happiness is reset after a trade" so if you don't know that base happiness exists, every logical person wold simply assume "reset" means "to 0"

Years
    Hacked Pokemon check help please

Hello. I'm looking for some opinions, suggestions, etc. I recently obtained a pokemon via trade and am wondering if there's anything that could tell me if it's hacked. I'll give you some info...

Dex 530
    Shiny (Yes)
    Type Ground Steel
    Excadrill (Male - Level 100)
    OT Marta
    TID 64510
    Exp 1,000,000
    Has - Red Star / Blue Pentagon

HP 361 / Att 405 / Def 156 / Sp Att 122 / Sp Def 167 / Spd 275
    Nature -Adamant / IV's 31 (all 6)
    Ability - Mold Breaker

Moves - Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Rapid Spin (all moves have max PP)

Contest conditions - ALL max
    Egg received 10/25/2015
    Egg Hatched: Apparently 10/25/2015
    Where: Lumiose City
    Characteristics: Mischievous

Ribbons - Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Best Friends, Training, Skillful Battler, Expert Battler, Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal,Gorgeous Royal

I checked it's Memories at the Memory Girl and they are possible, etc.

Okay so that's all of it's info. Here's some other stuff that I find weird but can't be sure about.

Even though it has the ribbons and max contest conditions, when I try to enter it into a contest it starts at the first rank as if it's never done them. I'm not sure if they reset but keep ribbons, when traded. And here's the big red flag, but I've found things saying there's ways it's still possible and I just want to be totally sure. It's pokeball is a LOVE BALL.

It seems too perfect to be true, but it's not impossible that somebody put a bunch of time and effort into this one pokemon. It's mostly the contest issue and the Love Ball that I'm questioning. Anyway, hopefully somebody can give me some info as I may use it in a Wifi battle or competition and don't want to be DQ'd or banned. Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back