• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
Years
  • Just beat the E4, and am about to start the OR delta episode...I've heard that you have to fight deoxys right after rayquaza without a chance to save inbetween; is that right?

Also what form will deoxys be?

//edit//
    1. 50% on most Pokemon, and 100% on Pokemon that are in the Undiscovered Egg Group.
    That's not true...half the times I caught Groudon, my jolly synch failed to work.

Years
  • Just beat the E4, and am about to start the OR delta episode...I've heard that you have to fight deoxys right after rayquaza without a chance to save inbetween; is that right?

Also what form will deoxys be?

//edit//

That's not true...half the times I caught Groudon, my jolly synch failed to work.

Yes, you will have no chance to save between battling Rayquaza and Deoxys. I recommend KOing it and then catching it after you beat the Elite Four again, because it is Lv. 80, and you would have a chance to save before battling it doing it that way. And it will be in Normal Forme.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Is there any way to re-battle Groudon after you defeat it? Reason I'm asking is because it's an absolute pain to get a good nature for him with all the ridiculously long cutscenes... Also, speaking of, is there any way to skip cutscenes?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • If you try and register a friend's secret base that is in the location of one that you already registered/yours, what happens?

As far as I know, if it's your secret base the game won't allow you to register that QR code.

Is there any way to re-battle Groudon after you defeat it? Reason I'm asking is because it's an absolute pain to get a good nature for him with all the ridiculously long cutscenes... Also, speaking of, is there any way to skip cutscenes?

Yes, after E4 in cave of origin.

Cutscene wise, I heard that it's still there in the rebattle.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
    Years
  • Yes, you will have no chance to save between battling Rayquaza and Deoxys. I recommend KOing it and then catching it after you beat the Elite Four again, because it is Lv. 80, and you would have a chance to save before battling it doing it that way. And it will be in Normal Forme.

So...does it matter which 1 I knock out? Sounds like they're part of the same event...and if battling Rayquaza is some kind of check point for it, that could become a problem.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    As far as I know, if it's your secret base the game won't allow you to register that QR code.

Yes, after E4 in cave of origin.

Cutscene wise, I heard that it's still there in the rebattle.
    Cutscene is still in the rebattle? Like, both the cutscenes or just the primal reversion cutscene?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • So...does it matter which 1 I knock out? Sounds like they're part of the same event...and if battling Rayquaza is some kind of check point for it, that could become a problem.

Rayquaza is a mandatory catch, so whenever you knock it out you won't gain exp, and you'll just go straight back to the sky pillar with Rayquaza in front of you. Kinda like Reshiram/Zekrom and Xerneas/Yveital, as well as event-exclusive Victini.

Deoxys is the one you'd rather knock out if you want a chance to rebattle it with the ability to save before battling.

That's the only reason why I just let Mega-Quaza knock Deoxys out in my game when it accidentally gave a crit on him. The no-saving between the two legendaries (plus a trainer battle) got me unwilling to reset the game just to catch it. It's not worth the repeating cutscenes to rebattle, might as well re-challenge the league instead. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    Hey all,
    I have obtained 7 badges and am trying to defeat team Magma. When I use dive and go to the underwater cavern, Team Magma is not there. How do I get them to appear?
    Thanks,
    mdiggy

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hey all,
    I have obtained 7 badges and am trying to defeat team Magma. When I use dive and go to the underwater cavern, Team Magma is not there. How do I get them to appear?
    Thanks,
    mdiggy

If I remember correctly you first need to fly to Slateport City and go to the Harbor where Team Magma steal the Submarine from Captain Stern.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    If you KO Groudon pre-Elite 4, it will respawn after beating the Elite 4. Players do this on purpose so they don't have to go through a long cutscene pre-Elite 4.

...omg, if only I knew... >.>

ahem, anyway, can anyone tell me the location of the NPC that will tell us about our 'mons' Hidden Power?

Years
  • ...omg, if only I knew... >.>

ahem, anyway, can anyone tell me the location of the NPC that will tell us about our 'mons' Hidden Power?

Yes, he is in Fortree City.

"In the second house from the left in the top row of Fortree City, you will find a house with these old women in. While one gives you TM10, Hidden Power, the one on the right will tell you what type your Pokémon's Hidden Power will be if it uses the move."

Source: Serebii...because I have not reached that far in the game yet..XD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Rayquaza does not need an item to Mega Evolve. It Mega Evolves as long as it has the move Dragon Ascent. So I guess you could say the move, Dragon Ascent, is it's mega stone.

I take it that there are no ways for a Rayquaza from another game (transferred to ORAS) to have access to that move, right?

Years
  • I take it that there are no ways for a Rayquaza from another game (transferred to ORAS) to have access to that move, right?

I believe that after the Delta Episode, if you go back to Meteor Falls, Zinnia's grandmother will be there. She will teach your Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, even if it is a Rayquaza you did not obtain in ORAS. I have seen pictures of people showing off their shiny V-Create Rayquazas with the move they brought in from other games, so it does work :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back