• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Why have I not been able to acquire the Diancite yet?

Yes, I know you have to have Diancie in your party. Yes, I know entering a Pokémon Center as such triggers an event. I have done that. I have not received my Diancite. Do you have to be in the Hall of Fame to get it?
    The Diancite can be received at any point in the game. I think the Diancie must be legally obtained from the real-life event so the in-game event can occur.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The Diancite can be received at any point in the game. I think the Diancie must be legally obtained from the real-life event so the in-game event can occur.
    I might have to check. The Diancie I think I have imported might be the pre-release July 6 Adamant one. People have reported doing it with the Japanese one; it doesn't require the North American one. Since the ones released in North America didn't get the three guaranteed perfect IVs, I imported the Japanese one instead.

EDIT: Never mind, Diancie was already holding the Diancite. I didn't think I had done the event in that game, so yeah...I'm a doof. It's the other game that still needs it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Okay, I need suggestions:

I hatched the Wynaut egg I got from the old woman at the hot springs. It took FOREVER. So I've got a Wynaut, and I looked it up to see if it can learn Surf or False Swipe. And it can only learn 4 (or 5?) moves, and no direct attacks. I'm kind of mad, because I spent all that time hatching it and it can't really *do* anything. But it must have some purpose, like Shedinja (catching psychic legendaries). I don't want to just stuff my Wobbuffet in the PC.

tl:dr version: What can you do with a Wobbuffet?

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Wobbuffet can't attack by itself. All it does is countering moves your opponent throws at it. For a playthrough it's not really usefull, especially since there are no wild Pokemon that can run from battles anymore, rendering Wobs ability Shadow Tag useless. I mean it has a ton of HP, so if you need a punching bag for some Pokemon that you want to catch, it could work out, every Pokemon can sponge hits if it's on a high enough level, which shouldn't be too hard to achieve in the games.

You could use it in battles against your friends, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Okay, I need suggestions:

I hatched the Wynaut egg I got from the old woman at the hot springs. It took FOREVER. So I've got a Wynaut, and I looked it up to see if it can learn Surf or False Swipe. And it can only learn 4 (or 5?) moves, and no direct attacks. I'm kind of mad, because I spent all that time hatching it and it can't really *do* anything. But it must have some purpose, like Shedinja (catching psychic legendaries). I don't want to just stuff my Wobbuffet in the PC.

To add to what R.F. said, Wobbuffet can also trap an opponent with Shadow Tag, then Encore them into an unfavorable move. If it's an offensive move, it can simply Counter or Mirror Coat the attack back. If it's a setup move, it can switch to an appropriate teammate. Here's the set it normally uses:
    -Counter
    -Mirror Coat
    -Safeguard
    -Encore
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    EVs: 28 HP/252 Def/228 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Shadow Tag

Take note that Shadow Tag won't work on Ghost Pokemon or Pokemon holding a Shed Shell. U-turn and Volt Switch users can also escape from Shadow Tag.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Thanks for the help with the Wobbuffet question. Abras can run away, so I guess I could use it to catch them, especially if I take him to the Friend Safari in X (and Kirilias there too). Oh, some of the higher level Ralts you can find with DexNav can teleport as well.

And I could make him my "sacrifice" Pokemon, and make him really unfriendly to get the Frustration TM.

Right now I just think it's funny to have a Wynaut named "Just Because"

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    And I could make him my "sacrifice" Pokemon, and make him really unfriendly to get the Frustration TM.
    If you want to get Frustration the easiest way possible, just show the guy Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza. They all have a base friendship of 0 after catching. :)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Ok back again, I am trying to get the event Samurott and on all of my games (4 in total) it tells me the the event is not there, it is the 5th for me and I am using code POKEMON503, what's the problem?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Ok back again, I am trying to get the event Samurott and on all of my games (4 in total) it tells me the the event is not there, it is the 5th for me and I am using code POKEMON503, what's the problem?

It may not be the 5th for other countries, so you'll have to wait for that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Are you in North America? Because we are *supposed* to be getting it now: https://www.serebii.net/events/2015.shtml (Emboar and Serperior were both given on the dates that Serebii says) no idea what the problem with this one is as I too have been trying all day and get the same error message. Perhaps Nintendo is taking an Amiibo approach to ALL giveaways now and only limited numbers of people are allowed to download data now too! Pretty soon games will be made in not only limited quantities but only certain parts of countries will get them now (instead of just certain countries) and soon after that they'll even limit purchasable digital games and only allow the first 127 people who buys them to download them. Nintendo is taking the "Eric-Cartman-with-a-theme-park" approach to product sales now.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Are you in North America? Because we are *supposed* to be getting it now: https://www.serebii.net/events/2015.shtml (Emboar and Serperior were both given on the dates that Serebii says) no idea what the problem with this one is as I too have been trying all day and get the same error message. Perhaps Nintendo is taking an Amiibo approach to ALL giveaways now and only limited numbers of people are allowed to download data now too! Pretty soon games will be made in not only limited quantities but only certain parts of countries will get them now (instead of just certain countries) and soon after that they'll even limit purchasable digital games and only allow the first 127 people who buys them to download them. Nintendo is taking the "Eric-Cartman-with-a-theme-park" approach to product sales now.

Serperior and Emboar became available in NA at the same hour though. Which is...4 hours from now. So we'll have to wait 'til then to see if we can then download it through the code, but if not, then the post somewhere about Samurott in a newsletter will be true then. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Serperior and Emboar became available in NA at the same hour though. Which is...4 hours from now. So we'll have to wait 'til then to see if we can then download it through the code, but if not, then the post somewhere about Samurott in a newsletter will be true then. :/

that doesn't' make any sense though, in 4 hours it will be Feb 6. Serperior and Emboar both came available on their respective dates, not the day after. Both were on thursday North American time

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Regarding Samurott, it's still not online under "POKEMON503" (POKE-MON5-0300-0000). It simply says, "The gift is not there". Perhaps they are waiting to send out a Trainer Club newsletter to announce it?

To add to what R.F. said, Wobbuffet can also trap an opponent with Shadow Tag, then Encore them into an unfavorable move. If it's an offensive move, it can simply Counter or Mirror Coat the attack back. If it's a setup move, it can switch to an appropriate teammate.
    As soon as Wobbuffet leaves battle, the trapped opponent can leave on the next turn. While it gives you a free hit, it can be rendered moot by putting in something that is not often hurt easily by your chosen Pokémon. The only way to make your switch useful is with a move like Giga Impact (I put Gallade in against Mega Metagross and used Destiny Bond to win the battle), but even that is countered by a Ghost type. If you don't KO the opponent, the encore can end, I think, while the Pokémon is away. Pursuit, however, will catch a non-Psychic on the way out.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Regarding Samurott, it's still not online under "POKEMON503" (POKE-MON5-0300-0000). It simply says, "The gift is not there". Perhaps they are waiting to send out a Trainer Club newsletter to announce it?

As soon as Wobbuffet leaves battle, the trapped opponent can leave on the next turn. While it gives you a free hit, it can be rendered moot by putting in something that is not often hurt easily by your chosen Pokémon. The only way to make your switch useful is with a move like Giga Impact (I put Gallade in against Mega Metagross and used Destiny Bond to win the battle), but even that is countered by a Ghost type. If you don't KO the opponent, the encore can end, I think, while the Pokémon is away. Pursuit, however, will catch a non-Psychic on the way out.
    That's the point of Encore: it forces a switch after the Pokemon is locked into a move. Here's how it works:
    -Wobbuffet uses Encore on a predicted unfavorable status move
    -Wobbuffet switches to a new teammate with a setup move (like Swords Dance or Calm Mind)
    -no matter what happens, (whether or not the Encored target stays in), the setter-upper gets a free set up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anyone have any idea why I can't trade to myself anymore? A few days ago I needed to get an item from one game to the other, so I posted a Wurmple on the GTS in Sapphire and then traded over a legendary holding the item I needed to move from Ruby and it went fine. however today I did the very same thing, posted a Zigzagoon from Sapphire holding a Soul Dew and asked for a Groudon, went into Ruby and could not find my other trainer at all. I looked through the entire first section (normally I appear in the first 2 or 3 characters in line when I switch games right away) I couldn't find myself, so I then filtered using only pokemon I have and only from the same region as me and I still couldn't find myself. Does anyone have any clue why?

Edit: Okay so I just tried it again with a wurmple holding nothing and I found myself right away, so is the Soul Dew not tradeable? And if so, why does it let you post the pokemon holding the item? Also, I can't trade Groudon AT ALL on the GTS because it says it's a Special Pokemon, why is that? I'm trading from Ruby to Sapphire so Precipice Blades shouldn't be an issue, why am I being blocked?

Last edited:
    Years
    Does anyone have any idea why I can't trade to myself anymore? A few days ago I needed to get an item from one game to the other, so I posted a Wurmple on the GTS in Sapphire and then traded over a legendary holding the item I needed to move from Ruby and it went fine. however today I did the very same thing, posted a Zigzagoon from Sapphire holding a Soul Dew and asked for a Groudon, went into Ruby and could not find my other trainer at all. I looked through the entire first section (normally I appear in the first 2 or 3 characters in line when I switch games right away) I couldn't find myself, so I then filtered using only pokemon I have and only from the same region as me and I still couldn't find myself. Does anyone have any clue why?

Edit: Okay so I just tried it again with a wurmple holding nothing and I found myself right away, so is the Soul Dew not tradeable? And if so, why does it let you post the pokemon holding the item? Also, I can't trade Groudon AT ALL on the GTS because it says it's a Special Pokemon, why is that? I'm trading from Ruby to Sapphire so Precipice Blades shouldn't be an issue, why am I being blocked?

Someone else probably took your Zigzagoon, considering the Soul Dew is a pretty valuable item. And remember, that Groudon will be visible to X and Y trainers, so if it has Precipice Blades, or is holding the Red Orb, you can't put it up because like I said, X and Y trainers can see it too.

Years

Someone else probably took your Zigzagoon, considering the Soul Dew is a pretty valuable item. And remember, that Groudon will be visible to X and Y trainers, so if it has Precipice Blades, or is holding the Red Orb, you can't put it up because like I said, X and Y trainers can see it too.

To sum it up, here's a list on which ORAS-exclusive items/moves can't be put up on the GTS due to not being in XY's coding. In the case of moves, you just can't put that Pokemon up for trade if it's knowing said move.

Moves:
    Precipice Blades
    Origin Pulse
    Dragon Ascent

Items:
    Red Orb
    Blue Orb
    Sceptilite
    Swampertite
    Altarianite
    Lopunnite
    Salamencite
    Galladite
    Audinite
    Beedrillite
    Pidgeotite
    Slowbronite
    Glalitite
    Metagrossite
    Steelixite
    Diancite
    Cameruptite
    Sharpedonite
    Sablenite

I think that's all that I know of, but feel free to mention anything else that I missed from the list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back