• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Moveset for snorlax??

I have Leftovers and a Immunity Ability, Outstanding 5 IVs, HP, SpDef, Def, Atk, SpAtk

My moves now:

Rest
    Crunch
    Belly Drum
    Amnesia

Is this a good moveset? I also Ev'd it in: Mostly Spdef, then HP, then ATK, then Defense.

I know Crunch is for effectiveness on the most types, but in my opinion that 50% bonus to normal type attacks is too big to not use. I would strongly suggest considering adding at least a normal move on there. But more important than that, unless you have a sleep cancelling berry, when you use Rest you will have to endure 3 straight attacks. I bring this up because I used to also have a similar moveset and it just wasn't working out, which is what made me breed a new one with Zen Headbutt (to handle it's weakness to fighting types) Curse, Crunch or Earthquake (haven't decided which yet) and Self Destruct, holding Leftovers and with the Thick Fat ability.

The rayquaza has my ID and last night I put a zigzagoon in every box and went to the bank and still not there, it's really confusing me, never had this happen before.

Don't worry too much about the ID, can you go to the tower? (meaning htat that event has been activated) because maybe it's not Rayquaza but rather Deoxys. Just go see if that event has been completed yet. Even Bulbapedia only says Rayquaza, so just go check to see if that event is active or not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2016
    Help with Pokemon

Hey Guys,

Its kind of cheesy but for the past week I have been trying to catch a shiny numel for my boyfriend as a surprise. It's my first time hunting for them so any tips would be helpful. Or, if anyone wants to be super nice and trade me that would be AWESOME! But, I don't have a lot to trade except an eevee.

Thanks!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Hey Guys,

Its kind of cheesy but for the past week I have been trying to catch a shiny numel for my boyfriend as a surprise. It's my first time hunting for them so any tips would be helpful. Or, if anyone wants to be super nice and trade me that would be AWESOME! But, I don't have a lot to trade except an eevee.

Thanks!

Hi there!

Your best bet to catch a shiny Numel in ORAS would be to go for a DexNav chain on Fiery Path. Shinies are more likely to appear when you find them by way of the DexNav. Or you could use the Masuda Method, in which Pokémon hatched from an egg are more likely to be shiny if both its parents are from two separate countries.

In regards to trading, Trade Corner would be the place to go if you want to make a trade request, as we don't handle trade requests in this section. If you find yourself having too much trouble finding one in your game, I'm sure there's some people over in trade corner who will be able to help you out :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hi there!

Your best bet to catch a shiny Numel in ORAS would be to go for a DexNav chain on Fiery Path. Shinies are more likely to appear when you find them by way of the DexNav. Or you could use the Masuda Method, in which Pokémon hatched from an egg are more likely to be shiny if both its parents are from two separate countries.

In regards to trading, Trade Corner would be the place to go if you want to make a trade request, as we don't handle trade requests in this section. If you find yourself having too much trouble finding one in your game, I'm sure there's some people over in trade corner who will be able to help you out :)
    It's better to DexNav chain for Numel in Route 112 instead, as it's harder to chain in caves and on water, since the target Pokemon will keep moving around and it gets faster the more you keep the chain going.

Years
  • Zoroark Event

I know I'm a little late on the event. It says it's still going on online. But when I search for gift via Internet nothing is found. Does anyone know if the event ended? Facepalm

Years
  • Thick Club?

Sooooo, I've been searching on the interwebs to find a Thick Club for my Marowak and it's looking like I can't obtain one through ORAS.

I've ordered Y and waiting for it to come in and I'm super impatient and wondering if anyone had one up for trade or if any of ya'll knew how I can obtain one outside of what I already said?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • 1. Did Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire alter the "Flavors" of Berries? As in, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald had the "Spicy, Dry, Bitter, Sweet, Sour" flavors; apparently, Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire just has flavors based on colors now? So are all of the "Berry flavors" purely aesthetic now and they do not factor anymore into PokeBlock-making?

2. (Reference.) In Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, is it true that there is now a non-playable-character in Mossdeep City who tells you what Party Pokemon you had when you defeated certain Gym Leaders? If so, does he or she do this for all 8 Gym Leaders? Does he/she specify anything else (such as what specific moves your Pokemon used during the battle)?

3. Do Berries have "Information Tags" on them in Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire? (the flavor text that provided Berry Number and descriptions and such, like in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) If so, did they have these Information Tags in Pokemon X and Y as well?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Years
  • 1. Did Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire alter the "Flavors" of Berries? As in, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald had the "Spicy, Dry, Bitter, Sweet, Sour" flavors; apparently, Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire just has flavors based on colors now? So are all of the "Berry flavors" purely aesthetic now and they do not factor anymore into PokeBlock-making?

2. (Reference.) In Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, is it true that there is now a non-playable-character in Mossdeep City who tells you what Party Pokemon you had when you defeated certain Gym Leaders? If so, does he or she do this for all 8 Gym Leaders? Does he/she specify anything else (such as what specific moves your Pokemon used during the battle)?

3. Do Berries have "Information Tags" on them in Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire? (the flavor text that provided Berry Number and descriptions and such, like in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) If so, did they have these Information Tags in Pokemon X and Y as well?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

1. Yes, the Pokeblocks are now determined by the colour of the berry and not the flavour.

2. Yes, that NPC does mention what Pokemon you used, but other than that nothing else.

3. No.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • 1. Yes, the Pokeblocks are now determined by the colour of the berry and not the flavour.

2. Yes, that NPC does mention what Pokemon you used, but other than that nothing else.

3. No.

Nice; thank you for knocking out all 3 questions in one go! {:3} That NPC who reminds you of your Gym Leader battle Pokemon is neat.. It is strange that Berry flavor has a somewhat subdued role now, and it is a shame that Berry Tags didn't return.. :(

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I got the Contest Star Ribbon for one of the pokemon today, and I was wondering--if a pokemon with the pink shining effect (from the Ribbon) is traded, does it still have the in-battle effect? Or does it only shine for the trainer it obtained the Ribbon with?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I got the Contest Star Ribbon for one of the pokemon today, and I was wondering--if a pokemon with the pink shining effect (from the Ribbon) is traded, does it still have the in-battle effect? Or does it only shine for the trainer it obtained the Ribbon with?

Hey Shiva, sorry for the wait on this, but unfortunately I tried looking this up and I'm not actually sure :( I have 2 3DSs and 2 OR/AS games though so once I get the chance I can test it and find out for you (if no one else has an answer first) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back