• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I miss my old cat Senusret I. :/ He was so pretty and majestic, and had a big long coat of burnt cream duster fur, and beautiful blue eyes, and I spent so much time and dedication playing with him when he was growing up. I wanted him to be big and strong, and he was; one day after coming back from a two-week hunt he just had this horribly sad expression on his face. He was so mopey all the time, and never played or interacted - he just ate, slept, and sat on the porch gazing into the cow fields. One day he upped and left, never to be seen again. :(

He kinda looked like this, but without any white:
    In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh khilia why

I can't ever sleep again now. Hm. I really don't like insects or spiders. Reeeeeallllly not :B Srs.

Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Hey guys, I soaked a horse fly in my room with air freshener and then slide-crushed him with the door. It was nice to finally be rid of him, flying around defecating all over my room. :)

I think the chemicals in the Frebreeze would've burned into it's body causing skeleton damage and then tissue damage to his organs, but I smashed him with the window 'cause aint nobody got time for dat. :P

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    It'd be awesome until someone eats you or you're used for some "secret" purposes ;)

Don't wanna be a banana myself :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You and your views are cute, Audy, but thinking of insectly body parts, especially broken such, is my top phobia. :p

Alexander Nicholi

Years

When you guys mentioned what it'd be like to be a fruit, this came to mind. :P

I just remembered when I looked at my bills of money. I have a 100, two 50s, two 20s, a 10, a 5, and two 1s, and it made me realize something: We have Monopoly money! All of the colors match too, say for the colors of the 50 and the 100, which are switched. Hundreds are blue, fifties are yellow, twenties are green, tens are tan, fives are purple, and ones... are white.

Also, I have a feeling the new 100s are going to rip easily with the placement of that plastic bar. :/

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    Guys
    Hold on a second
    What if one is a banana
    or any kind of fruit/vegetable
    What if said one
    gets peeled
    or cooked
    or diced
    or whatever
    Oh the horrors

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm kind of afraid of what random shenanigans are going on here today.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    Guys
    Hold on a second
    What if one is a banana
    or any kind of fruit/vegetable
    What if said one
    gets peeled
    or cooked
    or diced
    or whatever
    Oh the horrors

This is like a nightmare of mine. That plants can feel you hurting them and eating them and we dont know it or cant prove it. I dont eat animals because I dont like them hurt, and I have to eat something, but this thought really saddens me

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    there's actually a video somewhere that shows that plants actually do feel (not feelings, but they feel). they respond to things going on around them and to things that happen to them.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    there's actually a video somewhere that shows that plants actually do feel (not feelings, but they feel). they respond to things going on around them and to things that happen to them.

How about plants like Dionaea muscipula?
    I mean they also directly react to happenings around/in them and such

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Plants can react to external stimuli. That doesn't mean they have a nervous system per se nor that they can feel or think.

The stimuli trigger chemical reactions that in turn trigger certain processes. The closing of the traps in the Dionea Muscipala and other insectivorous plants. The sensitiva 'shrinks' its stems and leaves. Sunflowers 'follow' the sun and ladies of the night open their flowers at night.

Yes, they can react. No, they do not feel nor think.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back