• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How come D&D doesn't have its own DCC? It would be nice to see everyday flamewars healthy debates for politics, religion, etc.

Because the topics are too concentrated, really. You don't really chit-chat debate, haha.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Not every section needs its own DCC. The DCC used to be in the section that became D&D and it was moved here when it was all re-purposed.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Don't buy their product and they go away
    I was thinking more of the lines that if a product fails to meet consumers expectations from the vocal minority, because we can admit the majority are sheep, then we have to vote to force that company out of business instead of forming a riot.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I feel like a DCC in D&D would be a little..too much for those poor moderators. The DCC here works great if you want a debate. People always come and change the subject before it gets too heated.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I guess so, but there are sections where DCCs do work and remain active, such as PGen, T&I, or even VG.

It wasn't about it not working or not remaining active though, which is why I quoted his post...it was just that it was always about chatting and CCC is for chatting, therefore it fits better here.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • No one has posted for hours. Change of subject?

I had Rally's for the first time yesterday. Their loaded fries are amazing.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • No one has posted for hours. Change of subject?

I had Rally's for the first time yesterday. Their loaded fries are amazing.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I use to eat at Rally's until I started my diet by avoiding fast foods after watching Super Size Me on my health class at high school.

Sir Codin

I was thinking more of the lines that if a product fails to meet consumers expectations from the vocal minority, because we can admit the majority are sheep, then we have to vote to force that company out of business instead of forming a riot.
    That's boring as hell.

I'll pick the riot.

EDIT: Also, Super Size Me is a load of crap. You eat anything, not just fast foods, in large quantities for every meal every day, you're going to get fat. That's not McDonald's fault, that's yours. That's not to say there AREN'T reasons for boycotting fast food (my reason is because the food just plain blows).

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • That's boring as hell.

I'll pick the riot.

EDIT: Also, Super Size Me is a load of crap. You eat anything, not just fast foods, in large quantities for every meal every day, you're going to get fat. That's not McDonald's fault, that's yours. That's not to say there AREN'T reasons for boycotting fast food (my reason is because the food just plain blows).

I guess it falls down into a vicious circle of the consumer being a selfish spoiled idiot who makes the voluntary decision to destroy their body and the corporation facilitating, embracing, and reinforcing that selfish behavior. In the end both parties are to blame for this mess they've created, and there's little way anyone can say they're not part of it to some extent.

Years
  • That's boring as hell.

I'll pick the riot.

Everything in moderation, but people don't seem to be grasping that concept. I noticed that a generous portion of consumers would prefer to go to restaurants where you don't know what exactly is going into your food in what amounts versus cooking for yourself, and your family \:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • But don't do food sold in fast food restaurants, including drinks, salads, and desserts, have higher calories than their counterparts served in normal restaurants?

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • But don't do food sold in fast food restaurants, including drinks, salads, and desserts, have higher calories than their counterparts served in normal restaurants?
    I went to McDonald's last week and one of their salad wraps had about 470 calories while the 10 pc nuggets had 480 calories.

Years

It's probably mostly in due to their dressing \: Or at least that's what I think. While being away from home during university, I'd have random midnight cravings. With McDonald's being right across the street, I always chose to buy their caesar salad without the chicken (vegetarian) along with a very small dollop of dressing. I'm a very plain person, as I've been told by an anonymous Tim Horton's employee >>;;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Only fast-food restaurant I visit nowadays is Subway. Don't buy much things, though, aside from just a couple of cookies; I'm not really sure what they put in those things, but their cookies are just delicious. :P If I'm extremely hungry, then sometimes, I'd also grab a sandwich.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back