• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Trainers Association (T)

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Mankey managed to leap out of the way of the torrents of water. Barely managing not to get swept away, she found her opening at last. Charging in, she prepared the strongest Scratch she could and... disappeared?! Sethos called Mankey back before she could even make the swing. She was probably throwing a fit in her pokeball, but Sethos had seen enough. "Shame on you, Magikarp! If you weren't such a bully Mankey might've befriended you!" Sethos shouted at the fish pokemon, pointing directly at it, but then lowered his finger as he turned around, "Forget it, I'm getting Rebecca to return you back to your pokeball. Right Re... becca?" Sethos hardly remembered what happened, but as he looked around he didn't see any trace of the girl anywhere. How'd she do that?

Seeing Hoppip and Pikachu surrounding a bush somewhere, Sethos raised an eyebrow and walked up to them. Maybe they were just as confused as he was, but was Rebecca in there? "Uhh... are you in there, Rebecca?" Sethos asked, extending an arm just inches away from the bush, "The Frillish is inside a pokeball now; it can't bother you right now-- if it did. And you may want to get out of there as carefully as possible... wet clothes and tricky snares don't mix well."

Rhyhorn sighed as it turned and walked away from the pond. Magikarp was probably plenty angry from Sethos breaking up the fight, and water didn't mix that well with him. It was safest to just walk away. Besides, it looked like everyone was getting ready to go somewhere else... hold on. Rebecca's hoodie is right here. Not wanting it to get wet again from Magikarp, the stone rhino carefully picked it up with his horn and let it hang from his horn as he walked up to the others. It was nice and warm now, so Rebecca would be pleased.

Years
  • The elevator went Ka-klunk as it hit the ground, almost as if it was tired. Dylan walked off, much more gracefully than Sherry did, and headed towards the front of the gym. He tried his best to put on a sad face, but he wasn't a great actor. He reached Sherry and kept walking with his head down. He walked outside the gym and waited for the doors to completely close. As soon as they did, he turned around and burst through the doors. He did a victory fist pump as he walked back to Sherry. He showed her his badge and held out Ghastly's pokeball. He reached into his bag and pulled out his notebook, ready to answer any questions.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shirona woke up from her cat-nap when she heard the elevator turn on. She returned Sentret and Vulpix to their pokeballs. She walked over to Dylan, but saw his head was down. Oh no....he didn't lose...did he?, she thought. She followed him out, ready to comfort him when he turned around with a big smile on his face and a badge in his hand. "You had me fooled for a moment, Dylan", she said. She tried to restrain her enthusiasm, but she gave Dylan a huge hug anyway. She backed up after a few minutes. "Great job Dylan,", She said, reaching and putting her palm on Gastly's pokeball gently, "And great job Gastly. I'm sorry I wasn't there to see it, I kinda sorta fell asleep.", she said. "But you could tell me how it went, if you want", she added. Misdrevius floated next to her trainer.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • "Yes," came a muffled voice as Rebecca uncurled her arms from around her legs and groaned to herself, face determinedly expressionless as she stood up from behind the bush completely unaware of the smears of dirt on her nose and arms and the bits of twig that had lodged themselves firmly in her hair. At that point, she was just too mortified at her own reaction to care...oh Arceus, she'd made such a clown of herself!! Inwardly she was grimacing and groaning, but on the outside she seemed completely unperturbed by the whole thing.

"I wasn't too bothered," she insisted, looking Seth directly in the eyes as though daring him to challenge her on that fact. "I just don't really like Frillish too much. But it's cool. I just needed to...you know...follow Hoppip," she said with crossed arms, glancing briefly at the Hoppip floating beside her who, having not really understood what was going on very well it all seemed great fun to him! Rebecca was acting somewhat weirdly, but there was a lot of splashing, running, jumping...it was brilliant! Pikachu was less impressed, but then he had a much more sceptical nature than Hoppip and wasn't really sure yet what he thought about this girl...just as his opinion of her was beginning to change she did something dumb - like this - that just completely changed his mind right back again.

Magikarp watched from the water with a snicker - ha, that boy didn't know what he was talking about. Like he wanted to be befriended by that weak little monkey-thing? Ha not likely. If that girl forced him to go with her he would, but otherwise, he would be right where he was. Rebecca, however, seemed to have fixed that by clearing her throat and lifting up a PokeBall...his PokeBall...and within a flash of red light he was trapped in that infernal sphere. Dang it! He would get his freedom, one way or another.

"Shall we go?" she questioned shortly, her tone not inviting any questions or comments.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    (Selena, you really do make Magikarp sound like an evil mastermind XD )

"Uh-huh, I'll believe you," Sethos said, grinning as he reached out and carefully pulled out a piece of twig in Rebecca's hair, "But if it wasn't for Hoppip and Pikachu I'd would have no clue where you were. At least I know you hide yourself well-- you know, if we ever need to." There was no way that he was going to fall for that one. Oh well, he wasn't about to say anything else. He knew a little something about phobias. Although, no matter what, Frillish to Seth couldn't possibly hold a candle to... Victreebell! Those things are the worst!! Just the thought of them could send a chill up the spine that would make Sethos' hair spike up on it's own. When he was a young child he got ensnared by one and had to struggle for his life. The stomach acid bubbling just inches away from his feet... wait, where was he again? Oh, right! Frillish!

"Frillish shouldn't be a problem... heheh," Sethos said, holding up the pokeball that contained it, "I'm sure he was just a little mad that Magikarp and Mankey were causing such a disturbance. We seem to be really good at that; let's just dash through Viridian Forest and resume training on the other side. That's assuming we get there before dark."

At the same time, Rhyhorn managed his way to the two and announced his arrival with a small grunt of cheer. Sethos turned around to welcome his starter Pokemon, and also noticed Rebecca's hoodie hanging from his horn. Petting the top of Rhyhorn's head, the boy plucked the hoodie from the horn (being sure not to let the horn rip a hole into it) and uttered a quick compliment. Rhyhorn smiled as he brushed his head against Sethos' leg. "What do you say?" Sethos asked as he held up the girl's hoodie for her to take.

(how about we just skip V. Forest? Might as well get a little farther ahead geographically ;p)

SelenaStar

Years
  • "so I should think," said Rebecca defiantly, her forced nonchalant expression falling into a grimace as, almost as though to disprove her defence entirely, Seth pulled what appeared to be half a tree out of her hair. Frowning, she shook her head to rid her hair of debris, looking down at the leaves and twigs at her feet in surprise- she must have flown into those bushes at some speed. Looking back up at Seth she couldn't help but smile, "well, I did always rule Pallet when it came to hide and seek games. Although I'm sure you are just as talented at concealing yourself."

Glancing down at Rhyhorn, Rebecca smiled broadly and reached down, taking her goodie from Seth. "thank you Rhyhorn, I would have been lost without this," she said gently, nodding her head at the Pokemon. "yes, I fear that a tragedy would befall us if we lingered in the forest too long..." she said with a small smile and a roll of her eyes. She returned a grumpy-looking Pikachu back to his Pokeball and, before she could return Hoppip, realised she couldn't actually see him! Heart stopping for a moment, she looked around rapidly and called for him before noticing a small flash of green above her eye.

Feeling atop her head, her fingers came into contact with a small, soft round body...of Hoppip. "my you're light...don't worry me like that again!" she laughed before turning to Seth, starting off towards Viridian Forest and making sure not to leave him and Rhyhorn behind as she had done previously. "so, Seth, what are your family like?" she asked out of genuine curiosity - Seth wasn't like anyone she'd ever met before, and she was curious to learn about the environment and family that he'd grown up in.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    "I don't know my parents that well," Sethos said casually as he took out Rhyhorn's pokeball and returned him into it as he walked, "They left around the time I was five, and I haven't really seen them since. They aren't missing-- we get postcards all the time-- but it's just me and my grandparents. My grandparents are nice, but they're not as hardy as they once were. They've battled illness for the past seven years; ironic when you figure in the fact that they taught me how find to make medicine from herbs. They're all better now, but I've had more practice making medicine for them than I have battling Pokemon."

To think it has been seven years since his grandparents first fell ill. He could have ignored it and took someone's offer to have them watched over as he traveled, but that wouldn't have felt right. Granted, it would never have been expected that they'd get worse and battle between getting better and going back to worse for almost half the boy's life, but if he had he'd feel terrible if something were to happen to them. Even so, they seemed to know that he also wanted to go out on a Pokemon journey. His friends were leaving him left and right, and about the same time every year (or when a friend of Sethos' was going on a journey) they'd say they felt better and pushed to have him go out into the world himself. He refused the offer each time, though. He wasn't going to leave until they were feeling 110% again.

His grandparents were his closest family, and taking care of them just came naturally. Although it was also true that he felt trapped at times. He'd be sad when friends left, and he had to tell himself that they weren't real friends if they didn't try to contact him once in a while (he never got more than three or four calls the first two weeks before they never called again). But he had to be strong for his family. There was little time to sit around and feel sorry for himself. Besides, he also had to continue their business and supply different Pokemon Centers and clients with medicines; for both Humans and Pokemon. Sometimes he felt like he might have even helped members of Team Galactic, though as mad as that would make him it was his duty at the time to provide for those in need. In a way, it stuck, too. "What about your family?"

SelenaStar

Years
  • "oh...!" Rebecca started, not quite able to hide the shock from her voice. There were so many things that were alien to and surprised her about what Seth was saying. For a starters, whatnparents would leave their child when they were five? And only send postcards? And how could Seth talk so casually about this?! It was obvious that he cared deeply for his Grandparents, that much Rebecca could pick up on, but still...the whole situation seemed so bizarre to her, Rebecca knew logically that she should leave the issue be, it would be presumptuous to question Seth further...however she just didn't understand, and curiosity ultimately always won with Rebecca.

"where are they, then?" she asked tentatively, watching Seth as she spoke, ready to gauge his reaction carefully. "did they have to move away for work? Your Grandparents sound lovely though...but still...that couldn't have been easy for you Seth," she paused, wondering if she sounded judgmental and ignorant, as well as nosy, she decided to offer up some history of her own.

"nothing much to say about my family really...it's me and my mum and dad...they're researchers at the Pewter museum, and I suppose you could say that they love their work more than they love each other!" she laughed but her expression grew slightly troubled when she realised the truth in her statement...she couldn't remember the last time she'd heard her parents discuss something that wasn't work or Rebecca related...it slightly worried her to wonder how they would continue while she was on her journey. But turnig her attention back to Seth she smiled, shrugging off the thought for now. "they introduced me to Pokemon and here I am!" she clapped her hands down on the sides of her thighs and looked around, noticing they'd walked a fair distance into the forest whilst they had been talking. "not far to go now!" she said brightly, smiling as hoppip floated uP off her head and looked around at all the trees and greenery, his expression approaching awe.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos seemed a little confused by the uncertainty behind Rebecca's words and reactions to his brief history. Sure, he didn't say everything, but there are parents that leave to go on journeys and what not. Still, he couldn't help but be a little bit grave about the subject. After all, it wasn't as happy as most people would make theirs out to be. "They usually shift between Saffron City and Cinnabar Island; Cinnabar is where they usually go to relax, and Saffron is where they take challengers for tag-team battles-- they're a husband-and-wife duo who help trainers get used to the competitive battling scene. They love what they do, but they tend to get overzealous about it; that's what they talk about in their messages," Sethos said, laughing a bit to himself as he stretched his arms out and looked up to the sky, "... I guess it was difficult at first. There were times I wished that my parents would come home, and others when I wished my grandparents would get better faster so I could start my own journey. Those were selfish wishes, I know, and nothing changed. My parents were still busy at work, and my grandparents stayed ill until about two months ago. But you learn to cope with the norm, right? Whatever it is--" Of all the words to use, "cope" came up first. It wasn't a happy word because it made no indication that things got any better. Maybe he should have lied and said that things were happy and great at his home, kind of like how Rebecca's family sounded. This was probably a little much... "Sorry, I probably went a little overboard there," Sethos said, looking down the path as he saw the end of the forest, "What kind of troubles does your family face? ... Maybe I should just wait to ask your parents; we're almost out of here."

There seemed to be two sides raging on in the boy's mind. There was one side, the one that was talking openly about his misfortune, that wanted to reach out and signal people about his despair, and the other, the one that lied about not having back soreness (and still refused to let Rebecca know), that wanted to avoid burdening people with his conflicts by hiding his weaknesses. He wasn't crazy, just a case of conflicting emotions. I should get myself off the subject of discussion; Rebecca doesn't need to know all this, Sethos thought behind his smile as he looked ahead of them both, I can't burden her with this. Even if it feels safe to...

Years
  • Dylan didn't want to have to write the whole story, but he had to. He started to scrawl the battle out. Well I started by riding the elevator, and I didn't look down. Not that I'm scared of heights, just well, shock. Anyways, he sent out Pidgey, I sent out Jem. I decided to let her battle, and I didn't tell her to do anything. Sorry, the Pidgey dove at Jem and she teleported away at the very last second. The Pidgey was on the ground...(FLIP PAGE)...and Jem got this crazy look in her eyes, like she was hunting prey almost. Jem just kept slashing at the Pidgey, it was kinda scary. The Pidgey was then out, and Falkner sent out his Pidgeotto. I sent out Gastly and had him put up a Haze. Problem then, he wanted to finish out the battle. I just stood there and waited for the Haze to clear up. Wen it did I saw Gastly lying there, but Pidgeotto was lying next to him. The ref counted them both out, leaving me the victor. Thats how my battle went!

Dylan ripped out the pages and handed them to Sherry while Jem sat beside him, eyeing both trainer's expressions. "That went really well if I do say so myself," Jem said looking at Misdreavius.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shirona smiled. "I'm glad everything went so well for you Dylan", she said. She pulled out her town map. After looking at it for a few moments , she looked up. "Next town with a gym would be Azalea Town ((OOC: Not sure if I spelled it right)), which would be south going along that route", she said, pointing to the path away from the city. "But first, we should heal our pokemon and go to the pokemart. Well, I've already healed everyone, so I'll meet you in the pokemart", she said. She walked away, heading into the pokemart. Misdrevius gave a shrug and followed Shirona. Shirona bought 20 pokeballs, and 10 potions. There was one pokemon in particular she wanted to catch. She wanted to catch an Ekans. Her grandma had an Arbok, and she loved that pokemon. She wanted an Arbok of her own. She also bought a magazine about Ekans and Arbok. She sat on a bench inside the pokemart and began to read.

SelenaStar

Years
  • Listening to Seth talk, it seemed to Rebecca that he was more troubled about the family situation than he would care to admit. She wasn't sure what to think, as she frowned down at the forest floor as they grew ever closer to the exit - she liked the fact that Seth trusted her enough to tell her what was going on in his family, but at the same time he was witholding how he really felt about it all, she was almost certain of it. Sure, he was giving Rebecca the abridged version of how he felt about his parents' absence, but she just got the feeling that he was holding back...although, she scolded herself inwardly, what exactly did she expect?! She'd only just met the guy, for him to be telling her this much was insane considering...with a small smile on her face, Rebecca supposed it revealed the depth of friendship they shared that he would trust her with this so early.

Scuffing her foot against a raised tree root, Rebecca grimaced as it jarred her bad ankle and sent her face-first into the ground, pulling out her wrists to protect herself from landing on her nose in the grass-covered earth with a loud 'OOPH' sound. Pushing herself to her knees, she groaned and stood on her feet wincing as her ankle shot through with pain momentarily but it didn't seem too bad, just another blip in the disaster story that was her life. Brushing the dirt off the palms of her hands, then rubbing the brown patches on the knees of her jeans she continued walking without looking at Seth, completely embarrassed by her own carelessness and klutziness, giving only a small cough.

"No!" she yelped hoarsely, coughing again and looking at Seth with a sharp shake of her head, frowning slightly. Ask her parents what problems they were facing..? Was he for real? "No, don't. It would probably offend them pretty badly! They're just..." she trailed off with a frustrated noise, looking round and noticing that they'd made it out of Viridian Forest, home was mere metres away now. "Let's just say they kind of love work more than they love each other. It's always been that way but they did their best not to let that impact on me too much...they just tried to make me love their work as much as they did. But it's cool, you know...if they split up they split up and that's that but I don't think they will...they're too logical and practical to do that when there would be so many inconveniences as a result," she trailed off, her tone somewhat resentful as they found themselves on Route 3 up to Pewter City. After what they'd just been discussing, Rebecca gave a somewhat wry smile. "Home sweet home!" she exclaimed, an edge of bitterness in her tone as her ankle gave another twinge, making her wince slightly before she carried on walking.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    "Sorry I asked, then. I'll be on my best behavior," Sethos apologized, patting Rebecca on the shoulder lightly as he looked at Pewter City from a small distance. He remembered Pewter City... it was a fascinating town. All the boulders added a sense of hardiness that made Sethos feel like he was in a place that would crush Team Galactic if they ever showed up. It was very worthy of respect. Plus, the feeling of being outside of Viridian City again was wonderful.

"So, it looks like we beat the dusk," the boy added, gazing at the sunset, "Which part of town is your house in?"

SelenaStar

Years
  • "No it's okay, it's not a case of that," sighed Rebecca with a slight shake of her head as Seth patted her shoulder, "I just don't think they'd take the question very well. They don't like to admit that there's anything wrong with them...they seem to think it's something shameful..." she smiled again at Seth, hoping that she hadn't scolded him too strongly when he asked her about her parents before looking round the entrance to Pewter City. So lovely, the sunset behind Mt. Moon in the distance...

"Next to the Museum, shockingly enough," she grinned before a slight shaking in the bushes beside them caught her attention. Stopping still, she frowned slightly at the shaking greenery before a Sentret popped out of the brush, pushing itself up on its' tail and watching the group tentatively. Smiling, Rebecca figured this would be a useful time for training, and nodded towards the Sentret with her head, Hoppip watching the movement and floating nearby watching Rebecca with confusion. Why was she doing that with her head? It was only when Rebecca turned to Hoppip and pointed that Hoppip understood what Rebecca wanted him to do, and floated forwards to Sentret.

"Tail Whip!" said Rebecca, not too loudly as she didn't want to scare the Sentret off instantly, watching as Hoppip waved his tail from side to side looking adorable, the Sentret relaxing somewhat as it watched him until Rebecca said, "good, now Confusion!" Hoppip turned to face the Sentret and glowed in a pink aura as his Confusion attack hit the Sentret, whose defence had been lowered, and whose face contorted in pain at the psychic attack before Hoppip relented, watching as the Sentret fell down, tail giving way below it before it bashed itself in the head with the strong tail and promptly fainted. Rebecca smiled as Hoppip turned to her, bobbing around in the air proudly.

"Well done Hoppip sweetie," she chirped, turning back to Pewter City. "Now, let's go!" she turned to Seth to make sure he was okay to go and began walking through to the City proudly. She held herself tall, her Hoppip beside her and knowing that her Pikachu and Magikarp were safe in their PokeBalls at her waist. Making her way through the City, she waved to people she'd grown up with and recognised - Mr and Mrs Wilson from a few streets away, one of Brock's sisters who watched as Rebecca passed with Hoppip with wide eyes, Old Man Jones who had first taught her about the legends of Mt. Moon. So many familiar faces...but with Seth and Hoppip beside her she felt so...different now.

As they walked along, Rebecca pointed out places of interest from her life to Seth, regardless of whether or not they were actually interesting. She somehow found that she wanted to share things with him...huh. She supposed that's what happened with friends...but even so...

"That's where I broke my arm when I was 7," she said brightly, pointing to a ledge with a deep dip next to a small children's playground. "And I fell off that climbing frame and gave myself a concussion when I was small, and that swing once hit me in the chin when my friend pushed it at me - he didn't mean for it to hit me obviously..." she trailed off with embarrassment when she realised that she was just chronicling her various trips and breaks, keeping herself quiet until she stopped in front of her house next to the Museum.

The house itself was modest enough, just 3 bedrooms, big enough for her small family but nothing fancy considering how senior her parents were in the scientific community. "Here we go..." she said quietly, stepping forward and sliding her key into the door, unlocking it quickly.

"Steve? Steve is that you?" came her Mother's voice from the kitchen and Rebecca turned to Seth, rolling her eyes in a 'What did I tell you' kind of way. "No Mum, it's me, Rebecca" she called back after closing the door behind Seth. Their house was various shades of...well, beige. Beige walls, wooden floors, beige sofas...just beige and bland really.

"Becca? Oh! What are you doing home so soon?" asked her Mother with only a hint of surprise, her tone was mainly curious as you would expect of a scientist.

"Well...we had to pass through Pewter on our journey Mum, so figured we'd stay here for the night...speaking of which, this is my friend Seth, he and I are travelling together. We joined the ITA at the same time, is it okay if he stays tonight?" she asked as she made her way through to the kitchen, ushering Seth through to meet her Mother, who had made her way to the doorway to meet her daughter and her new friend.

Rebecca's mother looked very much like an older version of her daughter, her red hair streaked wih the beginnings of grey hairs, cut into a short bob, with a pair of thin black steel glasses perched on the end of her nose. She was the same height as Rebecca and looked Seth up and down as she sidled into view, smiling tightly after a moment and nodding.

"Of course darling, that's fine. It's nice you've met a new friend. It's nice to meet you Seth. Are you kids hungry?" she asked, moving back into the kitchen and Rebecca rolled her eyes. So typical of her Mother...not really one for big long introductions and small talk...she waited to see what Seth would say. She herself wasn't too hungry, but if Seth was she could eat something, and her Mother was quite a good cook.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos couldn't help but feel so dense as Rebecca gave him a slight tour of her hometown. In his first visit he just walked up to the gym and challenged Brock. He didn't think too much about enjoying the town itself. One of the consequences of being a new trainer: you think too much about the goal you set out to accomplish and get prone to ignore other factors that make Pokemon journeys so great. Granted that some of the places weren't the greatest of story-telling moments, but still it was nice knowing that she wanted him to feel welcome in the town. She certainly did make him feel welcome.

Taking an awe-struck look around the place, the boy felt like he was almost at home again. The entire place had this feeling of... what was it? "Simplicity." That wasn't a bad thing at all; to the contrary Sethos liked it a lot. It was nice going into a house that made you feel like you were invited to join and add to its atmosphere. Truly this was a nice house. And then the awe struck harder as Rebecca's mom came into the room. There was no need to say it because the two probably got it all the time that they looked a lot alike. It was almost like meeting the future Rebecca!

"Oh, er, nice to meet you, too! I guess I'm a little hungry..." Sethos spoke up as Rebecca's mother walked away. He hadn't thought about food, but seeing as he skipped breakfast as he normally did this would be his first meal of the day. There was a lot of things that went on that one day, so there was little time to really think about food. Although, right now the boy was contemplating the accuracy of Rebecca's mother and Rebecca herself. Talk about trusting a scientist to have good genes. It probably won't be 100%, but I'm sure odd are that Rebecca will grow up to be a fine and elegant woman like her mother... I wouldn't mind that, Sethos thought, casually turning his head and looking at other things in the house to hide the sly smile forming on his face, I suppose I best not screw it up, then...

But then Sethos snapped out of it when the concept of food really set in. He forgot that he probably wasn't the only one who hasn't eaten in a while today, too. "I forgot that Rhyhorn, Mankey, and even Frillish may need something to eat, too... I can step out for a little bit and grab some things for them," Sethos said out loud, trying to remember where they saw the market, "Oh, lovely house by he way! Sorry I didn't speak up. I was thinking... well, about the Pokemon, of course! If you want I can grab enough for Pikachu, Hoppip, and Magikarp as well, Rebecca." Smooth as silk...

SelenaStar

Years
  • "oh there's no need, Mum always has plenty of food in, enough to feed armies of men and Pokemon," smiled Rebbecca, glad to see that Seth seemed to be comfortable here with her Mum around. In truth, there was no particular reason why he shouldn't be - their house was open and unassuming enough to welcome pretty much everybody, but sometimes people could get a bit twitchy around her parents, particularly Rebecca's mother. Perhaps it was threatening to be around such renowned scientists in their natural environment, especially when her Mum and Dad were together talking shop. Maybe it was the starting similarities between Rebecca and her Mother, save for the dark blue eyes and tan skin tone that Rebecca had inherited from her father. Either way, Seth seemed to be more than happy so Rebecca was pleased.

"actually Bex I could use some more pasta if you wouldn't mind nipping to the store," said Rebecca's Mum as she moved over to the various cupboards and looked in them to see what was sparse within them, "and some sauces...and spices actually, you know what I'll just make you a list," she decided, ripping a sheet of paper out of the open notebook on the side and pulling a pen out from behind her ear. As she scribbled, Rebecca looked around with a frown.

"Mum, where's Eevee?" asked Rebecca finally, her Mum not responding for several moments as she finished scribbling.

"what's that? Oh, she's with your Father at the lab. Speaking of which, could you pick him up on the way back too? Tell him there's this variable in his equation that's causing some glitches with certain integers..." she trailed off, holdin the paper out to Rebecca without taking her eyes off the notebook of numbers in front of her. Rolling her eyes, Rebecca should have known her Father was putting in the hours again, but trust her Mother to only want him to go through something work-related..Rebecca didn't understand why they just didn't move into the Museum sometimes.

"sure Mum," said Rebecca shortly, motioning to Seth as she stepped through the back door of the house and out into the City again with an aggravated huff.

"anyone would think they were just work colleagues, not husband and wife! Honestly! Anyway...that's my Mum," she added somewhat redundantly with a sheepish grin, makin the way down the street towards the general store. It would still be open, but whether it had the things Rebecca's Mum wanted so late on was questionable.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    "She seemed nice-- busy, but nice," Sethos commented as they were out in the town again, "The life of a scientist, right? At least we won't have to go so far from your house when we go to get your father." The Pewter City Museum. It had been a long while since he saw that place. It had to be about maybe nine years since he had a school field-trip there. He couldn't remember seeing anyone that looked like Rebecca's mom there at the time, but maybe she was the one that let him alone see that Old Amber that was in the display case behind the desk. Would that also mean that the girl also behind the desk was... It was too long ago to remember any other detail, and it's not like he looked the same now. Still, he had the envy of several classmates for seeing something closer than anyone was usually allowed to. It made him feel rather cool.

"I thought about going to the Museum last time I was in town," the boy admitted as the two walked into the store. He grabbed himself a basket and handed one to Rebecca. "but I was in a hurry and decided against it. Maybe I should have to see how much it changed... At least now I get a second chance."

Now that he thought about it, he probably should have spent a little more time in Pewter City the last time. It would have been amusing to see if her parents would remember him visiting, and maybe would have met Rebecca before they were out on a journey for themselves and the ITA. On the other hand, he wouldn't be an ITA member, and they might have interacted differently the next time they met up. So maybe things happened for a reason.

(OOC: Might as well leave for the museum on your next post Selena; no real point in spending so much time in a general store, right? :b )

SelenaStar

Years
  • ((fo sho. Stores are boring unless they're full of clothes and shoes!!))

"the benefits of living right next to the Museum," grinned Rebecca as she and Seth made their way around the store, filling up the basket with the various items on her Mums list. As predicted, the store had run out of some vegetables and the fresh bread her Mum had asked for, but everything else was there. Rebecca glanced at Seth, quite interested in the type of food he was planning to feed his Pokemon. Luckily for rookie trainers like them, pokemon food was split up by type due to some special blending her parents had once explained to her a long time ago so Rebecca scooped some Grass, Electric and Water type food into small bags and sealed them up.

Checking out, Rebecca took the shopping bags and smiled at Seth, having doubled up on the carrier bags - knowing her luck if she hadn't they would have split and food would be rolling all over Pewter City. Next stop - the Museum.

Emerging from the store, Rebecca noticed that it had already grown quite dark outside - the streetlights were now lit up and a few stars had appeared faintly. Wandering along toward the Museum, Rebecca was silent in her own thoughts - it felt strange to be at home doing all the normal 'home' things but just knowing that she was passing through, and that she wouldn't be there for very long. But even more oddly, this idea didn't make her feel as sad as she suspected it should - she felt a strange indifference to the idea.

Sliding round the back of the Museum to a hidden block of the building that was covered by trees and greenery, Rebecca knocked on the door briskly. After a moment, a scuffle and a small yelp was heard before the door opened a fraction, widening to the sound of a bright 'Aha!' from behind it.

"Beccy! What a lovely surprise to- and oho! Who might this be? Come in you two, come in!" rushed her Father, as usual not giving Rebecca any time in which to answer the questions posed to her. Rebecca's Dad was somewhat of a stereotypical scientist in personality, in the body of a man with rapidly thinning, graying brown hair and a tan complexion, bright and jovial blue eyes the exact replica of Rebecca's and a White overcoat over his brown sweater and beige chinos. Noticing a few blue and green stains over the usual pristine lab coat, Rebecca raised an eyebrow and set her shopping bags down as the family Eevee came rushing over to her, only to stop and stare in bewilderment at Hoppip who floated down to her eye level, the two watching each other curiously.

"another little accident Dad? Mum will go mental having to sort those stains out again," sitting in a chair, she smiled at Seth. "Seth, this is my Dad, Dad this is my friend Seth a fellow ITA member. We're going to be travelling together." she rushed out before her Dad could ask any more questions. Her Dad raised his eyebrows and nodded appreciatively.

"wonderful wonderful! It is a pleasure to meet you Mr Seth. Do you have any interests in science Seth?" he asked, tone suddenly sharp and Rebecca rolled her eyes. Oh man...

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos himself had picked out Rock-/Ground-, Water-, and Fighting-type food for his Pokemon, though he probably would have preferred to prepare his own dish for his Pokemon. Cooking wasn't something he was a stranger to, and he had read up on food for both Pokemon and people. At any rate, it would have been best to not interfere in someone else's kitchen. He was sure his Pokemon would like the food, anyhow.

Sethos wasn't surprised that Rebecca knew so much about the layout of the museum, but he was surprised that he never saw this part of the museum before. They must have been in a more private research room. New or not it was interesting. And then Rebecca's father began speaking to him directly. "Science?" the boy asked, though more caught up on the "Mr. Seth" part. It sounded too formal; he wasn't expecting it. "Well, I did study anatomy and medicine while I apprenticed under my grandparents-- they're both in the herbal medicine profession-- so I do have experience in the pharmaceutical and anatomy fields. I thought it was fascinating."

He left out the fact that he had been substituting for his grandparents over the years, and had even researched new forms of herbal medicine. Under his grandparents' names, he even developed a few. But most of them are just notes in his journal. No need to bring it up, the boy thought.

"I have to say that your Eevee looks like it's in top condition, too," Sethos said as he pulled out his PokeDex. He definitely wanted a page on Eevee.

"Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon," the PokeDex sounded with an electronic ping, "Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes." It was also a cool Pokemon he might want to catch some day. Umbreon, Glaceon, or Espeon would be awesome.

SelenaStar

Years
  • Before Rebecca could respond to Seth, her Father made a strangled sort of sound and frowned at the boy, scooping Eevee up after Seth had gotten data in his PokeDex and placing her on the table next to Rebecca, Eevee instantly chirping brightly and attacking Rebecca with her tongue.

"of course she is! Eevee is fed a smorgasbord of foods containing nutrients that optimise the development of Normal type Pokemon developed by my wife and myself. Note the finely thick tail and her upright tapered ears, and the sturdy gluteal muscles. Her train g programme combines stamina and resistance training and she has more haircuts than any other Pokemon I know. Plus her 4D gene is abnormally broad along the double helix, indicating higher than usual brain activity in her species!" he rushed out in a tone that illustrated clearly that Rebecca's Father expected Seth to understand all this as he did, whilst he tinkered with a glass vial that lay in a vice, holding it up to a purple then a yellow light, then back to purple before scribbling down something furiously.

Rolling her eyes, Rebecca stood up and picked up the shopping bags, petting Eevee a final time. "sure Dad. Anyway, Mum said that she's found some integer that's wrong with the variables of your fraction or something like that and wants you to come home. She's also cooking. So don't be too late okay?" she walked over to the door, sighing impatiently as her Dad showed no recognition of her words. "DAD!" she shouted, the man finally looking up.

"yes Rebecca, I heard you! I'll be back shortly, see you at home!" and with that the conversation was over. Rebecca grunted and made her way out of the lab, waiting for Seth by the door. When he joined her, she pulled a sheepish smile and began walking home.

"Dad is a chemist primarily, but he does have a sideline interest in genetics, Pokemon primarily but a sound understanding of human too...and he's a bit eccentric as you may have guessed..." she trailed off, slightly embarrassed. Arceus only knew what Seth thought of her Father...

Back