• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Trainers Association (T)

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
((My postings will be a little slower now as school started yesterday and Thursday I have online classes starting. I will try to post at least 3 times Monday-Friday and Weekends, well who knows. :/.))

Dylan waited for Sherry to get done eating, which took a lot longer thank it took him. She delicately finish up and took the bowls back to the kitchen. He sat there and pet Sentret while waiting for her to return. She came back not too long after leaving and starting brushing her hair. Dylan walked over to his pokeballs and grabbed them off the table. Walking back over to the bed she looked up at him, ponytail back in, and asked if he was ready to train. He gave her a thumbs up and extended a hand to help her up.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
((OOC: My posts will be slower as well, as I have a pretty full schedual for the next few weeks. I'll post when I can, I promise))

Shirona blushed for an unknown reason and took Dylan's hand. She pulled herself up, and smiled. "Thanks for the help up.", she said. She returned Vulpix and Sentret to their pokeballs, and put them in her belt. She suddenly looked at her pokegear and facepalmed. "For the love of Arceus!", she said. She sat back down on the bed, feeling incredibly stupid. "Stupid, stupid, stupid me. How could I have forgotten today?", she said. It was her birthday. She turned 17. "Ughhhhh. How many people actually forget their own birthday?", she asked. She never really did anything on her birthday, except for go to Rileys and have a special dinner and cake. "Yeah, today is my birthday. It's not really that big a deal to me anymore.", she said, getting up. She walked over to the door. "Coming?", she asked.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(well... if Yager's not going to respond, he'll have to catch up. I'm tired of waiting ;p)

"Come on Rebecca, now's really isn't the time to get into a long conversation," Sethos said as he directed her to walk with him as he continued for the Pokemon Center. He was also getting too dizzy to stand on his own, so things were really getting down to the wire. Soon enough he'd probably falter and be useless; making it difficult to bring both of them to the center at once. Before that happened, he was going to do all he could to push them to the center.
The teenager's eyes blurred slightly, the sounds of electricity crackling in his head. And his peripheral vision, though usually perfect, went completely black; he did get a concussion after all! Damn, I'm feeling the effects!! It's coming fast-- Rhyhorn, you might be too strong for your own good! Sethos thought, though also remembering Rebecca again. If he hadn't caught her, and made sure he was the one who took the impact from landing, she would've had a concussion, too. Even if how she landed on me wasn't ideal, at least she didn't feel her brain get scattered by the tremors, Sethos thought again. Even though he remembered and just said it in his own mind, it wasn't until now that he remembered that she fell on him. The skin under his eyes took on a dull shade of crimson. He hadn't thought about it at first, but... ...HEY!! This is no time to get scatterbrained and be thinking about that!! GET OVER TO THE POKEMON CENTER!!! With that he picked up the pace a little, though making sure that Rebecca could keep up with it, and marched on to the Pokemon Center now appearing directly ahead. His face grew a little bit more red, but his eyes were shut firmly as he attempted to banish the thought from his mind.

Rhyhorn took his trainer's cue and had followed behind the three as he looked out for any possible Pokemon encounter. Things finally looked safe, but there was just no telling how safe it was until they were in the Pokemon Center. But then he noticed that Sethos picked up the pace a little, almost forcing the Pokemon to speed up. Rhyhorn found the sudden burst of speed odd, though things in his head might have been going a little crazy from the incident a while ago. Or that could have just been him. So far it was proven to the Pokemon that Sethos could be a little... odd.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Jolting her out of her reverie whilst conversing with Tyson, Rebecca flushed slightly and nodded, smiling at Tyson and waving briskly. "Of course yes...well, see you soon Tyson! Have fun with Magnemite and Poliwag!" she bid him farewell and turned as Seth all but forced her around, given how she was depending on his propping her up to even walk. Her ankle, despite the support was screaming out in pain at her and she couldn't help the wince that overtook her face as she let herself be dragged along with Seth with a slight hobble.

"H-hey! Watch the pace!" she exclaimed, her tone somewhat high in pitch as Seth began charging along for some reason. Glancing over at him, she frowned slightly as she noticed he looked slightly pink and flustered...gosh, his head pain must really be getting to him. "Well we're nearly there Seth...it isn't much further now...I can hop there myself if you want to go ahead on Rhyhorn? Hoppip will look out for me I'm sure!" she said brightly, smiling up at Hoppip who had floated on ahead of them and was bobbing along backwards, watching them both curiously. These humans sure were funny creatures...he would have sworn that Seth looked embarrassed. Although why he would be embarrassed about the fall was beyond Hoppip...but still, it would be a good idea to just get straight to the Pokemon Centre now.

"Here!" chirped Rebecca as they made it to the front entrance of the large Pokemon Centre...by Mew this place was huge...she could only imagine what it was like inside. She looked at Seth and smiled, nodding towards the door with her head. "After you?"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(Seeing as Nurse Joy's a general character, you can control her when you post you response, Selena)

As much as Sethos agreed that he should probably get to the Center as fast as possible, he wasn't about to leave his new friend behind. Sure it wasn't like she would be hobbling for a mile to catch up, but it was the principal of the matter. He had a feeling that her injuries were getting worse, too, so he wasn't about to part until they were to be treated. Even when they were at the doors, he didn't take the invitation to go ahead. "Nice try, but we're going in together," Sethos said, stepping on the pad to open the automatic doors before directing Rebecca with him into the Pokemon Center.

The inside of the Center was just as awe-inspiring as seeing just how large it was from the outside. There were numerous waiting benches and chairs in the lobby before the Nurse's desk. Neither Nurse Joy nor Chansey were behind the desk, but the PR chimed a melody signaling that Pokemon in their care were all healthy. As Sethos and Rebecca traveled down the isle of seats, Nurse Joy and Chansey were coming out of the operating room with six pokeballs on a moving trolley. A trainer got up and hurried to them with a content smile on her face. "Alright, your Pokemon are in tip-top shape and ready for your gym battle later today," Nurse Joy said as the female trainer took her Pokemon and placed them in her bag. The trainer gave thanks and rushed down the isle, bypassing the two on her way out. Gym battle!! I forgot I'll have to fight in Pewter City again! Sethos thought, not noticing that Nurse Joy was approaching them, Ugh, it wasn't easy the first time, and I doubt it'll be different next time--

"Hey, haven't I met you before?" Nurse Joy asked, now a few feet in front of them. Sethos managed to brake out of his rant before he looked distracted.

"Er, yeah. I'm the boy who delivered that herbal medicine a few months back," Sethos stated, avoiding the obvious truth that he visited a couple weeks ago with Squirtle, "Will you be needing another shipment soon? I can place an order with my grandparents right away."

"That's right! Sethos, right? Thanks for your help!" Nurse Joy said, then looked over at Rebecca, "Oh, is she your friend? I guess you're here for her leg, huh?"

"We're both roughed up, Nurse Joy," Sethos added, "Rhyhorn got a little startled, and we both took a fall. Rebecca has a twisted ankle, and I got a concussion. Our Pokemon need some treatment, too."

"But if you two fell because Rhyhorn got startled, and it happened as I'm guessing it did, both of you should have sore backs from the fall," the nurse said, Sethos reacting with a surprised "eh?" sound, "You two did fall, right?"

"Y-yes, but neither of us got sore... We must be lucky, r-right?" Sethos asked hesitantly, trying to play off the question, "Will you help us?"

"We'll do everything we can. Chansey, take Sethos and get him sorted out. I'll take Rebecca into my care," the nurse said, Chansey walking over to Seth and tugging on his arm to follow her. Sethos waited until Nurse Joy secured Rebecca, and then slipped away. Rhyhorn grunted a temporary good-bye as he followed behind his partner.

"I'll be fine! See you in a bit, Rebecca!" Sethos promised, calling out as Chansey led him away.

DarkAngel91

Years
Shirona was too impatient to wait for Dylan. So she simply pointed to the gym with a smile. She rushed off to the gym. When she was outside the gym doors she took a deep breath. "This is it.", she said to herself. She opened the doors and walked in....and saw nothing. "Huh??", she said. "Hey there future champ! Take that platform to see Falkner", a weird guy said. "Um, thank you?", she said. She stepped onto the platform. It jerked and rose up into the air. Shirona was frozen in place. She hated heights, and this walkway had no guardrails. She stiffly moved along the path, defeating the two trainers along the way with ease. She was deadly pale and shaking when she got to Falkner. "My n-name is S-Shirona. I've c-come to c-challenge you t-to a b-battle", she said. She got physically sick when she was too nervous. She pulled out Vulpix's pokeball and took another deep breath. She released Vulpix and calmed her nerves. "We can do this", she said.

~about 20 minutes later~

Shirona stumbled off the platform and ran to the pokemon center. She handed her pokemon to Nurse Joy and paced until they were healed. She told Nurse Joy to let Dylan know she was going for a walk in Burned Tower. She let out Vulpix and walked silently to Burned Tower. She sat on the floor in a corner and cried. Vulpix nudged her, then turned and ran back to the pokemon center. She deftly swerved around people and found her way back to Dylan's room. Vulpix tugged on his pantleg. "Pix! Pixxxx!! Vulpiiixxx!", she cried. She nudged Dylan's pocket, making Jem's pokeball fall out. She began to cry fast and furiously "Pleeease! Get his attention! Trainer is very sad and crying in a tower! She needs help!", which only Jem could understand.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Dylan saw the Vulpix run into his room about half an hour after Sherry left. Well, where's Sherry? he thought to himself as the pokemon started nudging his pocket. Jem's pokeball fell out and she popped out of it.

"Pleeease! Get his attention! Trainer is very sad and crying in a tower! She needs help!" The Vulpix said as Jem yawned awake. "Hey, hey, don't worry I'll get him. You just stay here and then lead us to her when I say. Okay?" Jem said as the Vulpix nodded.

Dylan just looked at the two pokemon as they seemed to be talking to eachother. A little while later he heard Jem's voice in his head. "Vulpix said Sherry needs help. I don't know why, but she did. We're going to follow her to Sherry."

Oh, uh, well, Let's go then! He thought, his thoughts getting flustered.

Abra nodded at Vulpix and they started walking. As soon as they got out of the pokemon center, Vulpix started running at full speed. Abra easily teleported along, but Dylan had to run pretty hard. Since they were running, it didn't take too awful long to get over to Burned Tower. They went inside and started looking around for Sherry. It was Abra that found her and alerted the other two. Dylan walked over to Sherry and sat down by her. Looking at her with a questioning look on his face.

DarkAngel91

Years
Vulpix nudged Shirona. Shirona looked up and saw Dylan. Her eyes were dull and sad. "I...I...I lost. I c-can't believe I lost. One minute I'm winning...the next Vulpix and Sentret fall like dominos. T-the height d-didn't help either. So very very high off the ground", she said. She had her arms wrapped around her knees. Her ponytail had long since come undone due to the sheer force of the wind Falkner's pokemon created. She groaned and rested her head against her arms. "Dreavius", a pokemon cried. A Misdreavius appeared next to Shirona. "Misdreavius", the pokemon cried. It seemed to be content with hovering near the bluenette. Shirona looked up at the Ghost type. "Hey there little guy. I would catch you, but I'm not in the mood now.", she said. Misdreavius did nothing, just hovered there. Shirona was getting irritated, so she looked at Vulpix. "Use Ember a few times would you?", she asked, standing up. Vulpix nodded and shot tiny embers at the ghost. After about 15 minutes both Vulpix and Misdreavius were fairly weak. Shirona pulled out an empty pokeball. She tossed it at Misdreavius and watched the ball shake on the ground...shake..shake..shake..click! Shirona picked up the pokeball. "Well at least I can do something right", she said, releasing Misdreavius. The ghost type floated around Shirona's head. Shirona smiled at her newest pokemon. "Maybe now I'll have an advantage over Falkner. Since Misdreavius can learn Magical Leaf and Power Gem, if it doesn't know them already.", she said. She sat back down and hugged Dylan. "I know this will sound weird...but could you go with me when I challenge Falkner again? It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm really quite terrified of heights. I almost had a panic attack before I took three steps.", she said.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
(OOC: Hey guys, sorry for being the worst GM ever. I have lost track of this RP, so I will open my RP spot ( I'll still be the GM) because I can't seem to do both. Anyways, PM/VM what Pokemon you have and I will set them to Level 10, to even it out. Thanks guys,

Sincerely, Logan)

SelenaStar

Years
Watching as Seth was led away by Chansey, Rebecca smiled and waved to him, her eyes flicking down to Rhyhorn as he let out a small noise at being separated from his trainer – Rebecca found it so cute how a big tough Rhyhorn had grown so attached to his trainer already, yet another appeal of Rock- and Ground-type Pokemon, befriending them always felt like such an achievement and for some reason seemed to startle others. When Rhyhorn evolved into Rhydon, the bond between the two of them would seem even stranger no doubt. "Later Seth!" she called before turning to Nurse Joy, who was ever so patiently holding her up.

Leaning on the pink haired Nurse, Rebecca hopped her way into a back room, where she was seated opposite Nurse Joy across a circular table. She sat patiently as Nurse Joy pulled some forms out of a tray, scribbling across them for a few moments before smiling up at Rebecca. "So, your name is Rebecca right? Rebecca..?" she trailed off, writing as Rebecca answered "Yes Ma'am, it's Rebecca Tyrer," and Rebecca noticed that, despite her prim and proper appearance, her handwriting was a scribble as poor as that of a 13 year old boy. The questions continued with the basics - hometown, age, height, weight - before Nurse Joy placed down her pen and looked at Rebecca, resting her chin on her interlocked fingers.

"So...your friend Seth says that though you both fell as the result of a startled Rhyhorn jumping, neither of you are suffering from back pain? Can you tell me why this is? His answer seemed somewhat...lacking...luck does not stop sore vertebrae." Rebecca frowned slightly, nodding - that answer was...oddly evasive...was he embarrassed or something? But why would that be...unless she really had hurt his back and he just didn't want to humiliate her...that was both sweet and even more embarrassing. Was she really that heavy?! Good lord...

"Well...I kind of landed on him...I mean, that would explain why I am not hurt but Seth could quite easily be lying..." Nurse Joy nodded and stood, moving over to a phone and dialling in an extension number. "Yes, Chansey. Check Seth's lower back will you? Okay, thanks," and after hanging up she moved over to Rebecca, kneeling in front of her on the floor and taking her ankle up, resting it on a small stool. "Right, let's see here..." she began feeling around the swollen parts of Rebecca's ankle, nodding as Rebecca hissed loudly, wincing at a particularly tender spot. "Yes, badly sprained...well, there isn't much we can do for this I'm sorry Rebecca, other than wrapping it up nice and tight and just waiting for it to heal..." as she wrapped a thick bandage around the ankle firmly, she explained that Rebecca would have to walk with her full weight on the ankle for it to heal properly, and it would be painful but most effective.

"Okay, we're done here," she said with a smile, pinning up Rebecca's ankle with safety pins and helping her to her feet. "I'll help you out to the foyer, Seth should be out soon," she smiled, helping Rebecca through the corridor to a sofa with a footstool to rest her ankle. Thanking her, Rebecca smiled as Nurse Joy returned behind her counter, speaking with a trainer who was holding his fainted Pidgey in his arms. She looked around the various comings and goings of the people there whilst she waited for Seth, hoping that he had been patched up as well as she had.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(A thousand apologies for not posting! I've been without electricity for the past three days)

Sethos was lead to a different room one door away from the main operation room. Although seen as considerably small after being in the main lobby, it was still nice and gave off a very calming vibe. Countless people and pokemon were probably treated in this one room alone, not even factoring in all the others, and so the boy found a way to relax. Plus, Rhyhorn and Mankey were being treated as they spoke. There was nothing to worry about.

"Chansey!" Chansey cried as she handed Sethos a large, round pill and a glass of water. The boy immediately recognized it. Secretpotion? For the longest time he thought it was just for pokemon. On the other hand, it was just herbs, and it helped with intense migraines in pokemon. Sethos supposed, at least in theory, a good enough human concussion would equal out as a bad pokemon migraine. Chansey wouldn't have handed it over if it wasn't safe, too. Taking the pill, Sethos readied the water as his put pressure on the pill with his teeth. He could feel it cracking, but he didn't want all the bitter herbs to hit his tongue just yet. He took a deep breath and fully bit down on the pill as soon as he was ready; it cracked and the halves split apart. With a furious pace, Sethos chewed on the pill as fast as he could before swallowing. When all the pieces were in manageable chunks, he swallowed them fast and threw the glass to his lips. He didn't even register if he did taste the bitterness, but he had grown up with the sort. It wasn't something to be messed with.

Nothing seemed to happen for a little bit. Chansey placed the information clipboard next to Sethos and walked off to answer the phone. Sethos was about to call trickery until a quick spasm made him react with an "Ah!" before it suddenly subsided a second later. "... Hey! It's gone!" Sethos said out loud with wonder as he felt the sides of his skull like they might've disappeared, "It feels like I just woke up! Thanks Chansey!" And then he took a look at the info paper on the clipboard. Naturally Chansey felt it best to treat him before making him fill the paper out, but it was going to be done either way. "Let's see... Viridian City... Huh. I haven't checked lately, but I imagine I haven't grown in any way since a few weeks ago, so there we go! All set!"

Chansey returned to Sethos as he filled the info out. He tried to hand her the clipboard back, but she refused to take it. Confused, the boy placed it aside as he was instructed to stand up. And then something hit him... Chansey's Pound! Pain blared from Sethos' back and he immediately flinched in reaction. It had really hurt, but then an actual blush of embarrassment filled his entire face. He had just remembered that Chanseys aren't that well known for their physical strength in battle. And then Chansey grabbed the back of his shirt and threw it over his head to fully examine his back. It was rather red, and not from Chansey's attack. "Easy, easy! Alright, I am suffering from back pain!" Sethos admitted, now holding his shirt up where it was under Chansey's instruction, "I didn't want Rebecca to know; we were in bad enough shape. She was probably concerned enough with my concussion, too. I didn't want her to worry about anything else, okay?" A wave of guilt took over. He probably shouldn't have lied about it, but he didn't want to worry Rebecca any more than he did. She had already expressed concern for his other injury and his stolen pokemon, so a sore back would have just been overkill to the boy. Besides, he felt she needed help and knew she had her own troubles.

"Chansey Chansey!" Chansey chimed, patting Sethos on the shoulder reassuringly. She took the egg from her pouch and placed it against his back. The egg glowed with a brilliant light; this was Softboiled. Healing waves washed over the boy's back and soothed the soreness. It was going to leave the lower back a little tender, but it would be fine if left undisturbed. Placing the egg back into the pouch, Chansey pulled out some medical tape and began dressing the injury. It added a cooling sensation; relaxing the body as it gained an added layer of protection. As soon as it was done, Sethos let his shirt fall back into place. Chansey took the clipboard, and led him out of the room.

Sethos walked back into the lobby feeling much better. Soon enough Rhyhorn and Mankey would be out and fully healed. The boy saw Rebecca standing around, and smiled to himself seeing her looking better. "Hey there! You beat me out here, I see," Sethos greeted, "So are your pokemon almost out, too?"

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
((Writer's block + Volleyball Manager = Difficulties Lol.))

Dylan just kind of stood there while Sherry stumbled over her words. She stood up and hugged him, asking him to accompany her on her next gym battle. He nodded his head in agreement. He wasn't sure what he should do next, as she was still hugging him. He just stood there, hugging Sherry back, not wanting to seem like a jerk and pushing her away.

DarkAngel91

Years
Shirona realized she'd been hugging Dylan a little too long, and let go. "Then what are we waiting for?", she said, gracefully jumping over a hole in the floor. She returned Vulpix and Misdrevius to their pokeballs. She rushed to the pokecenter and healed her her pokemon, waiting outside the door of the gym for Dylan. Impatient as ever, she walked back and forth in front of the door, letting Misdrevius out. Misdrevius floated beside Shirona, looking somewhat amused.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Dylan was surprised at how quickly Sherry's mood turned around. One second she was on the verge of tears, then she ran out of the tower looking like she felt like a million dollars. Glad I could help? Oh shoot. JEEEMM! You still here? He thought as he walked over to the entrance of the tower. His pokemon teleported right next to him, of course freaking him out. He jumped and backed away, only to realize it was Abra. Oh come on now, that wasn't cool.

"Hahaha oh yes it was! It was hilarious! Hey, are you going to challenge Falkner? I think I'm ready. Ghastly, well, who knows about him."

Ugh.. Anyways, I'm not sure. I guess I'll see what happens with Sherry.

"Good plan. Oh I've been meaning to ask if you wanted to try to teleport. I know I'm still not very good at it, but I wanna try to teleport something else."

Yeah, sure. If I show up with only a body and no legs though, you'll get it!

"Heh.. Heh.. Yeah, that won't happen..." Abra replied as she started to focus her thoughts. She thought about herself and Dylan, in front of the local gym. As she pictured the gym, she lifted her hands. They glowed with a blinding white light and she touched Dylan. Next thing they new, they were outside the gym, but not exactly where she planned. The poofed about 2 feet off the ground. They both freaked out, but hit the ground before they had the chance to do anything.

Not too shabby Jem, although I do have a headache now. Look! There's Sherry running towards the gym. Ready to uhh.. watch a battle haha?

"Yeah I uh guess... ready as you can get"

DarkAngel91

Years
Shirona saw Dylan and smiled. "Lets go", she said, stepping into the gym. As she stepped onto the lift her smile faltered, giving way to an expression of panic. She stepped slowly on the pathway, her eyes never leaving Falkner's form. She eventually reached the battle platform. "Oh. My. Arceus. T-this is v-very high", she said to herself. She looked around. "Dylan?", she called anxiously. Falkner sent out his Pidgey, and she focused on simply battling. She calmed down and her fingers brushed across the front of Sentret's ball. She sent out Sentret, and the battle began. Sentret managed to land a few hits before fainting to a gust attack. Shirona gritted her teeth. Focus. This is how you messed up last time., she told herself. She then sent out Vulpix. "Vulpix, use Ember, everything you've got!", she called. Vulpix shot out red Embers and fainted the Pidgey.

Falkner's Pidgeotto was tougher, fainting Vulpix, but not without getting burned first. Shirona sent out Misdrevius....and started laughing when Falkner's pidgeotto tried to tackle the ghost-type. "Misdrevius, use Confuse Ray!", Shirona said. A ghostly light floated above Pidgeotto, confusing it. "Alright, while it's confused, use Power Gem!", she said. The attack landed, effectively fainting Falkner's Pidgeotto. Falkner handed her her gym badge and she bowed, stumbling onto the platform. She stepped off the platform after it landed and gave a weak smile. "I win", she said, before fainting herself. Misdrevius looked at Jem "She really doesn't like heights. She was almost ill being up there, so I suppose this can't be helped", the Pokemon said to Jem.

SelenaStar

Years
Looking up as Seth called to her, Rebecca smiled brightly having been lost in her own thoughts for a time in the lobby as she had practiced putting weight on and off her ankle, testing her limits and how far the bandage support could take her before the pain got too much. Honestly, it wasn't so bad, and Nurse Joy had slipped her some painkillers that would help take a lot of the edge off the pain so she had quickly downed two of them with a bottle of water in her bag, waiting to feel the effects begin to take hold. Rebecca's parents had never particularly pro-medication, even simple pain relief for a headache had them lecuring about pain thresholds and lowered tolerance levels...she couldn't help but feel slightly guilty after having taken the pills, even though logically she knew it was what she had to do lest she be stuck in bed for weeks.

"Sure did," grinned Rebecca as Seth reached her, looking over to the Counter as he mentioned their Pokemon, "I must just be easier to treat than you. Or the fact I didn't have an entire person land on me would have helped I presume...in terms of our Pokemon, I assume they'll be ready before long...those healing machines are pretty magical in how fast they restore Pokemon..." she trailed off and maintained her Counter-watch, anxious to get Hoppip and Pikachu back. Of course they would be more than fine, but she just needed to see it with her own eyes to be certain, and obviously she was anxious to be out there and training her new companions up. "Well, I can walk now anyway - turns out I need to walk to heal the sprain so that-"

She was cut off as Nurse Joy appeared with Chansey at the counter, holding two trays with two Pokeballs in each. "Seth and Rebecca? Your Pokemon are ready to take," she called lightly, Chansey chirping in agreement. Rebecca smiled exciedly at Seth and hopped over to the counter as quickly as she could.

Taking the two Pokeballs, Rebecca released Hoppip and Pikachu, smiling as Hoppip floated down to her shoulder and rubbed his cheek against hers for a brief moment before floating up around her head. The gesture, though brief, shocked Rebecca and made her smile widely in the same instance - the bond between them was obviously growing, even after such a short space of time. Looking at Pikachu, the smile slipped ever so slightly...the lightning mouse was watching her closely, as though trying to gauge her. Obviously not so convinced by her even after the Spearow-incident. Not that she could blame him really...

"Look, it will be odd at first," she said quietly, crouching down level with Pikachu whose ears perked upwards warily, and Rebecca was inwardly surprised that he didn't take a step backwards from the suspicious look on his face. "And I'm not sure if you will ever get used to being with me and Hoppip," she nearly added 'and Seth, Rhyhorn and Mankey' but bit her tongue before she did, fearing it would seem far too presumptuous and, basically, slightly pressuring, "but I will make it as easy for you as possible...and if you don't like it, I'll bring you back to Viridian Forest, okay?" Pikachu watched her, eyes widening - she wasn't aware if he even understood what she was saying, but he seemed to from his expression. With a final smile, Rebecca straightened up and winced - the position had put more strain on her ankle than she had first thought.

"Shall we make a move then?" she asked Seth brightly, nodding towards the door with her head.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"Look, you weren't that heavy-- I mean, you aren't heavy at all-- but if I didn't catch you you'd be in worse shape," Sethos tried to explain as Rebecca walked away from him to reach the front counter, "Hold on-- why'd I try?" Giving up, Sethos followed to the desk. He decided to walk a little slower than Rebecca; being there to catch her if she took another fall. Thankfully that didn't happen.

"Thank you," Sethos said as he grabbed his own Pokeballs from his tray and summoned both Pokemon like Rebecca did. Rhyhorn appeared first and greeted Seth with a happy growl. He seemed less exhausted, and as energetic as first waking up from a good nap. As for Mankey, it stood still as it first appeared. It seemed perfectly fine, too, but it did nothing as it looked up at Sethos. "Hm? You okay, Mankey?" Sethos said, taking out his Pokedex and pressed the "Gender Check" feature (I figure this is a better method for our characters to find out the gender of their pokemon; they never really say how trainers know other than Attract working/failing), "Oh, a female Mankey! Well, either way, boy or girl, it's nice having you on the team! Would you like to join Rhyhorn and I on our journey?" Mankey seemed to be sizing Sethos up as he extended his hand to welcome her to the team. She then turned to see Rebecca talking with her new Pikachu. He seemed to be interested, and from around the same area. So, why not?

Happily, Mankey grabbed Sethos' arm, but instead of shaking the hand, or even grabbing it, she swung up and onto his arm and walked up to his shoulders. Taking a seat, Mankey cheered while hanging on to his hair. "Looks like a yes to me!" Sethos laughed, thanking his luck that this Mankey wasn't as prone to its species' rage issues than most. No doubt she had to be Jolly.

"Shall we make a move then?" Rebecca had asked before motioning to the door. Sethos nodded as he turned to Rhyhorn and seemed to ask if he was ready to go. Rhyhorn nodded as he started to take steps forward.

"Hope you can keep up," Sethos said as he started to head for the door, and then turning his head back, "Thanks for the help, Nurse Joy and Chansey!"

SelenaStar

Years
Raising an eyebrow, Rebecca guffawed quietly before silencing the laughter by clamping a hand over her mouth as Seth dug himself deeper into the lovely little hole he'd carved out for himself - one way to get people, but boys in particular, flustered? Pretend to make an issue about your weight. For some reason people didn't know how to react to that...not that Rebecca made a habit of it, in truth she didn't have any issues with her weight or anything of that nature - not that she didn't have her own insecurities in her body and appearance as every teenager, boy or girl, did but weight matters never really crossed her mind.

"Seth...it's cool. Don't worry about it," she assured him with a slight roll of her eyes before walking/hobbling past Seth through the door, waving back to Nurse Joy and Chansey with Hoppip floating behind her next to her new Pikachu, the two sizing each other up quietly. Looking at the Mankey on Seth's shoulders she laughed and wiggled her fingers to it, noting that it seemed a happy variant of the Mankey-species. "Hi there! Looks like you'll be joining us too hey? Well, the more the merrier as my Dad always says!! Speaking of whom..."

She exited the Pokemon Centre and looked around...Viridian City. Sure, she'd passed through here not too long ago on her way to pick up Hoppip...wow, so much had happened in the short space of time between collecting her first Pokemon and finding herself looking round Viridian City with two Pokemon and a busted ankle to her name. Her Parents would be proud when she told them...proud and also beside themselves with worry at how she had already managed to injure not only herself but her new companion. Not that that was her fault of course...

"Speaking of whom," she continued, turning back to look at Seth, "should we head off to Pewter City or do you want to spend some time in Viridian? I kind of want to find the man Tyson got his Fishing Rod from...I'd quite like a Poliwag for my own team. Or a Magikarp." she added almost as an afterthought, knowing full well Seth would probably think her an absolute fool for actively seeking out Magikarp...but Rebecca had always had a soft spot for the Fish Pokemon. And training one could also prove extraordinarily rewarding when they evolved, providing that one actually put in the hard work and effort that Magikarp training demanded.

"Hey! Over there, look!" she exclaimed suddenly, grabbing Seth's arm excitedly as she spotted a man fishing by the patch of water they had found Tyson near to, blushing slightly and drawing her hand back sharply as she realised. "It's the guy with the Fishing Rod! Oh I hope he still has some to give out...come on! Let's go find out!" she rushed, her tone becoming higher and words firing from her mouth faster as she became more excited.

Hopping over as quickly as she could, she tapped the man on his shoulder briskly, jumping slightly as he turned rapidly. His face was cheerful and weathered - he obviously spent much of his time out by the rivers and seas with the elements fishing - and cracked into a smile upon seeing Rebecca, growing even wider as his eyes slid to Hoppip and Pikachu who had followed, the latter somewhat warily.

"Why hello there! Another young trainer! Tell me, do you like water Pokemon?" he asked her, eyes narrowing slightly as he awaited her answer. He didn't have to wait long, Rebecca nodded vigorously.

"Yes!! Well...Rock and Ground-type Pokemon are my absolute favourites, but that's only because I grew up in Pewter City where they are practically worshipped as idols - of course with Brock being our city's Gym Leader and specialising in Rock and Ground-types we really do grow up with them from a young age, in fact my fa-" Rebecca's breathless, hurried monologue was cut short by the Fisherman.

"Woah! Okay okay, that's alright, I understand that you love Rock and Ground-type Pokemon AND Water Pokemon. If I give you this Old Rod," he said, his face amused by Rebecca, "will you go out there and catch as many Water Pokemon as the Seas and Rivers will give you?" He held the rod out slightly, enticing Rebecca, handing it over as she nodded once again with bright eyes.

"Of course! I can't wait to get fishing and catch an adorable Water-type for my fledgling team!" she giggled, jumping up and down as he passed her the Old Rod, wincing slightly as she landed on her ankle. Thanking the man, she turned to find Seth, holding the Rod up. "Look! Look Seth, look what I've got!" she laughed, almost like a young child at Christmas time. This was how Rebecca was when she got excited - very immature and childlike in what her parents would call an endearing way...endearing or irritating, that was open to debate, but it was Rebecca.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Sethos had looked at Rebecca with a quick expression of confusion as she turned away from him. First she made it sound like she was a little sensitive about the whole thing, and now she's just blowing it off like it's no big deal. She even seemed to enjoy the fact that he was, how would it best be put, flustered. She's a little imp on the inside, isn't she? the boy thought. Rebecca had exited the center, but he was looking back to see Nurse Joy and Chansey laughing to themselves as they noticed that he was looking at them? Both of them, too? But then, Rhyhorn got closer and stopped abruptly. Sethos stared down at his Pokemon, almost thinking that he was getting in the way, but then Rhyhorn got uncharacteristically bubbly. He too started to laugh, getting Mankey into it as he looked directly at his trainer. "RHYHORN?! What are you laughing at?!" Sethos asked in shock. Now everyone in the Pokemon Center was staring at him as his Pokemon continued to laugh. It was just a few moments of silence, but it made the boy wonder if he should just save himself the trouble and paint his face red willingly. He made a distraught and quiet, but still audible, "Auuugh!!" as he turned around and stepped out of the center.

Rhyhorn and Mankey, though still in silly spirits, quieted down as Rebecca directed her attention back to the three of them. She hadn't seemed to notice that she left without them. She instantly asked Sethos if he wanted to head out for Pewter City or stay a bit in Viridian. This proved to be decided for him as Rebecca ran off as fast as she could for the stream. Sethos sighed to himself as he again followed behind his new friend and found himself in the company of a fisherman. From the moment that the man asked her if she liked water-type Pokemon the boy knew what was coming next... Mankey was just as unprepared for Rebecca's rant as the fisherman was. Sethos just stayed where he was and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as Rebecca made her case for the Old Rod.

"Well, congratulations on getting your fishing rod," Sethos said, both happy for her and perplexed by her. Seeing her so happy again conflicted with the confusion she caused him. It was winning. Imp may not be the correct term for her... at least not alone. I don't know, it's kind of cute... Sethos thought, smiling slightly as he nodded.

"Hey, you there!" the fisherman called to Sethos, making the boy look over confused, "Yeah, you! Do you like water-type pokemon?" For a second, Sethos thought about making an identical rant. However, not only did he find it cruel, he hadn't adopted the mentality of idolizing Normal-type Pokemon. He kept his mouth shut about the idea and made his own honest answer.

"Well, honestly I don't think I have any real preference when it comes to Pokemon," Sethos admitted, sightly unsure if it mattered what he said, though, "I could list off a few of my favorite Pokemon, but they'd vary in type, power and form. It's easier to say that I just like Pokemon." The fisherman seemed to take it in one piece at a time. It was probably an answer he didn't hear all that often, but it seemed to give him a sort of satisfaction. Opening up his fishing box, he pulled out a third Old Rod.

"Interesting answer, I say it makes you more than worthy of an Old Rod," the fisherman said, Sethos casually walking over to retrieve his new fishing rod, "Catch a fine Pokemon for me."

"I'll do my best," Sethos promised, nodding goodbye as he walked back to Rebecca. He wasn't sure what to say, he knew that Rebecca was psyched to have her new rod. Pewter City wasn't too far away, and there was plenty of time before dark... "Did you want to go off and fish for a bit? We aren't in any particular hurry, now are we?"

SelenaStar

Years
As Seth answered, Rebecca listened silently, her expression curious. That was an interesting answer...somewhat unusual, Rebecca had never met anybody who didn't have some type preference above others...but Seth seemed completely genuine as he answered the Fisherman. With a small smile, she made it her goal to ensure that he developed the same passion as she for Rock and Ground-types...it should be easy enough, given that his starter Pokemon was Rhyhorn, but she would really work on that in Pewter City, more of an apt setting.

"May as well test out our new Rods I suppose!" laughed Rebecca, brandishing her own Rod as Seth suggested they fish for a while. She noticed that he had been looking at her in a somewhat peculiar way...aaaah obviously he had heard her not-so-subtle rant at the Fisherman...eesh. Blushing slightly, she coughed and pushed her hair behind her ears before walking over to the edge of the water and sitting down beside the bank somewhat awkwardly, stretching her injured ankle out in front of her.

"Umm..." she paused, looking at the Rod. She'd never fished before...giving an experimental flick with her wrist and frowning at the Rod...the line had simply flopped around like a Magikarp out of water...scowl deepening, Rebecca lifted her arms up higher and threw the Rod behind her, throwing it forward so the line flew out toward the water. Expression turning instantly surprised, she smiled as she line disappared, turning to Seth with a somewhat smug face. "See, piece of caaaAAA-" she yelped as there was a sharp tug from the line that was followed by another one. The pull wasn't particularly strong, but having caught her completely unawares she had nearly been pulled into the water.

"Oh my..AH!" she gave a pull in retaliation and gasped as a Magikarp flew out of the water, going straight for her in what appeared to be a Tackle, intercepted by Hoppip who abruptly swooped in front of Rebecca and caught Magikarp in a Confusion attack, the fish falling to the floor and flopping around with a pained demeanour. Taking out a PokeBall, Rebecca threw it briskly at the Magikarp....caught! Done!

Smiling widely, Rebecca got to her feet and picked up the PokeBall, gazing down at it. She was so happy to have a Magikarp...she clutched the PokeBall to herself as though in a tight hug and reached out, patting Hoppip.

"Thanks Hoppip...and welcome to the team Magikarp..." she said quietly, her eyes flicking up to Seth after a moment. Ahhh...he probably thought she was a bit insane...although after her earlier tirade his opinion of her was probably already pretty low. She smiled at him sheepishly before averting her eyes.

Back