• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Integrating legendary Pokémon into the storyline

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I dont want to see them get a bigger plot in the game. Back in GSC (and RBY) the legendaries were exactly like their names suggested: LEGENDARY. No one really knew if they existed or were just myths. RSE dropped this kind of treatment. Now its common place to see legendaries. They used to treat all of them like they treat event pokemon like Darkrai now. Expand Team Rocket's storyline instead (3 major engagements and that guy in cerulean city are not enough).

I agree. I don't like how RSE and DPPt treats legendaries like they are just a rarer Pikachu. I mean, legendaries in the past two generations seem so commonplace. Legendary Pokemon are supposed to have this mystique and mysteriousness to them. Not many people know about them; and people are unsure if they even exist... Kind of like the Loch Ness Monster. RSE and DPPt legendaries have lost this and have just become as common as any starter Pokemon.

Years
  • I agree. I don't like how RSE and DPPt treats legendaries like they are just a rarer Pikachu. I mean, legendaries in the past two generations seem so commonplace. Legendary Pokemon are supposed to have this mystique and mysteriousness to them. Not many people know about them; and people are unsure if they even exist... Kind of like the Loch Ness Monster. RSE and DPPt legendaries have lost this and have just become as common as any starter Pokemon.
    Thats applies only to the mascot of th games. Other legendaries are still very mysterious. I don't see why you want them to make it authentic when you can get a better game. Just imagine TR be a little more powerful and fighting with you over lugia/oh-ho. Because the storyline in the original GSC wasn't good at all and it seemed like the wanted to make the games as quickly as they can.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    well there will be 4 Shinnoh Legendy pokemon all form Wifi Arecus, Darkai, Shiymu
    and pokemon ranger Manphy
    but Mew Mewtwo should be catchable becasue there are many lengends in the game comparing to dpPt

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • After, seeing this thread, I don't think I'll want to touch my Platinum ANYMORE. (Note: I'm going to fight Giratina.)

Putting legendaries in the plot, Nintendo? No-no, please. I only want Team Rocket and their badassness. That is all I want.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    After, seeing this thread, I don't think I'll want to touch my Platinum ANYMORE. (Note: I'm going to fight Giratina.)

Putting legendaries in the plot, Nintendo? No-no, please. I only want Team Rocket and their badassness. That is all I want.

Well, remember that in crystal for example, suicune was in the plot too...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they do a little Crystal plot in to these ramkes I wouldn't mind. I barely remember much about the TR plot in Gold/Silver, so something more memorable would be better, especially if it were to incoporate the Legendary Pokémon a bit.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well, now we know that some legendaries will be integrated into the story line because of the inclusion of Eusine, Suicune, Raiku, and Entei. But involving Ho-oh and Lugia would also be nice as it would give the games a thicker plot.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • I don't want any legendaries incorporated into the main storyline, I don't want it to be like Platinum where you had to chase after Giratina into the portal and go fight it with people all talking to you and stuff ... I want it to be like the original where you have the choice of getting Lugia/Ho-Oh or not, see in the classic games you didn't HAVE to get them, it was just an option.

So I don't want any NPC's saying "Oh, go stop Ho-Oh from destroying Ecruteak! You have to battle it!" ....... Nah. It should be like the original, purely an option if you want to interact with the legendary.

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • i believe they should expand on why the rival hated team rocket, and include more to the legendarys including celebi. it was virtually untouched in the originals, plus if they increased what you could do in kanto would be amazing. i remember blowing through kanto in like a couple of hours

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
  • I'd love to same theme integrated some way (like during the Kanto part of the game), but I feel they should play the same part in the main storyline that they did in the originals. Plot is one thing you do not want to drastically change if you're making a remake.

This is exactly how I see it.

I don't mind the legendaries being incorporated into the game, as long as they have to do with the story.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • i believe they should expand on why the rival hated team rocket, and include more to the legendarys including celebi. it was virtually untouched in the originals, plus if they increased what you could do in kanto would be amazing. i remember blowing through kanto in like a couple of hours

Maybe since they confirmed Mewtwo, it would be a lot longer for Kanto i guess

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    That was a very weak part in GSC and RBGY/FRLG. Since they change so many things here to the plot (all the additions will probably take a major part in the plot, not just a tiny addition like the islands were to FRLG), they'll probably change that too. And I think it'd be awesome. I really don't want to see the same game again identically. I want changes...I want to see it improved.

Years
  • I dont quite understand whats wrong with integrating the legendary Pokemon into the storyline.
    GSC's storyline was good, but not that good. Adding extra plots, sub-plots, stories, characters and missions will not only make the plot stronger, but make the game longer

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • A mon avis... we should go deeper into the legend behind the legendaries and that leads us to the legendary itself, like in the 2nd film with Lugia, they think it's a myth then it all comes true... That would be good. But it has to incorporate Team Rocket somehow.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
  • i think that legendaries should be left almost completely out of the story. as their name implies, they are legendary. their existence should be questioned in the same way that the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot is questioned in our world. this is where i think the generation 3 and 4 games went wrong. in generations one and two, the game's main legendaries are hidden, and almost inessential to the plot. players can totally skip the legendary pokémon entirely, making the capture of this legendary an actual challenge, something you have to search for. but recently, game freak and nintendo have been holding their player's hands through the process,making it so that you must encounter the game's mascot legendary before you even get your eighth badge. it's no longer a challenge. it's just catering to the kids who were complaining that it was too hard to get the legendary pokémon. now they can all yell "YIPEEE I GOTZ A PALKIA I SO AWSUM!!!" when in reality, they had their hands held through the whole thing.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • By the way it seems, they are adding too many legendaries into this game. Are they putting them all in? I hope not.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Im gonna guess What lugias story is

Team Rocket:AHAHH I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD WHEN I CATCH LUGIA
    *Team rocket gets owned*
    *You kill/catch Lugia*
    Team rocket gets all sad and mad then just leaves

Back