• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intermediate Class [Aizuke's Home Room]

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
  • RyuKun, I would appreciate it if you kept your dicussion in the Graphics School thread, thanks. :x

dodgy effects, c4ds and stuff ( one of them makes it look like his arm pit smells)

colour isnt good either

Uh position c4ds better and use better, make sum color so its not just plain and boring lighting too

I was hoping you'd actually say more, since this assignment was to show me what you know about your graphics, and what you know you can improve on. But first, the right side is empty and makes your banner imbalanced. The 2nd line of text is really hard to read, like I said with Kayashi, you don't want to add a lot of text in your banner and cram it all in. A light source would show more depth and a few gradient maps would help bring out the colour. But I don't know, in my person opinion, I would have to say that other graphics I've seen that you've made look a lot more worse. Examples are your pokemon banners, the renders stick out a lot, but with this banner and it's render, it blends in better than those of your pokemon ones. Either than that, like I mentioned lighting would do wonders and perhaps adding something to fill that empty space on the side, or just repositioning the render.

Evaluation is complete; you may now proceed to redo your banner.

She's not teaching you styles.

Anyway here we go.

It's got pretty horrible text, no C4D's, smudging, clipping masks.

I suppose, some better text, clipping masks & C4D's might help it, maybe a smudge background as well.

Same with you, Dukey, I was expecting more of a evaluation of your piece. But anywho, the render looks blended, but it sticks out like a swore thumb. :[ Not liking the text either, as I've said before, too much text on a banner doesn't look great. Huge text on a banner is the same effect really. Plus the text is barely readable. A light source would be good, all banners probably need a light source, though it has one, but it seems to be eveywhere on the render. The background is too plain and blurry, gradient maps would help to blend the render easily.

Evaluation is complete; you may now proceed to redo your banner.

I wish I didn't sharpen it that much, but eh. :[ Better?

Yeah, it's too over sharpened. XD; But mosly on the render, if you lowered it down a bit, it would look fine. But it's much better than your first attempt. I guess you skipped on the text this time. It would have been good if you had text to fill up the left hand side. But yeah much better. :3

Kayashi's Grade; A

Since you kinda finished a bit early, I haven't thought of a new assignment, so you'll have to wait a day or so. But feel free to post any graphics you'd like me to rate.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Ok I've finished the assignment miss =D

It's better, it has good depth, text is kind of hard to read, and I don't think there's a light source anywhere? But much better.

t w e n t y - t w o's Grade; A

Here is mine, I dunno, I haven't used an image like that in a long time!

Looks better. :3 Love the effects, left side is empty though, but the text has good placement, though the background word is hard to read. Still messing a sense of depth though. :x

.noxious's Grade; A

Everyone else has around a week to complete the assignment, I think Jess and Gunner's are the last one's left?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Are we allowed to post tags for you to rate? I noticed you said that to another student earlier, just confirming.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Well the effects are really nice, but the render doesn't really match with the purple background and sticks out a lot. Light source is good and it has some sense of depth but not much; with a bit of blurring and sharpening you could give it better depth. The white square at the bottom is rather distracting, since it's really bright and stands out a lot, I'm not sure if that's part of the light textures you've used or you did that on purpose. The text has good placement, but the E at the end is hard to read since it's near the render's shirt, so maybe a smaller size text would look better.

Eh, hoped this helped. XD; When it comes to rating, I'm not really good at it. :x

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Yeah the white box was part of the buildings stock used in the background so I might fix that up, same with the text and some more depth.
    Can I repost it when I am finished for a secondary rate?

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009

meh the render is quite bad. Its got sum white lines that i only just realsies under his right armpit lol poorly rendered but oh well

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • Intermediate Class [Aizuke's Home Room]

This is my entry for the first sotw. It's horrible. It's a render, with water texture, and lightened. There is no depth, and nothing interesting to it. Quality is horrible. :x

To fix it, I could add some gradient maps, a way better background, more than like 2 layers, depth, flow, take out the text, or at least blend it more. And leave the quality. The blurry look doesn't work to well. XD;

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I think we are nearly due for another assignment.
    If this place is still alive :/

Back