• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Internal Battery

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
Years
  • I have a question. Can the internal battery die in Pokemon R/S/E or FR/LG? I wish the GBC games didnt because I dont want to know that I know they will die...

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Yeah possibly, but not for a long time, i just cant see why my G/S/C game saves die out first, while in my R/B/Y versions still has my old game saves. Maybe the time functions in gold silver crystal die out faster. meh.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • The battery in R/S/E can die out. And that'll cause time based events such as berries to stop growing. Save files remain intact I believe, in contrast to G/S/C.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2013
    The internal battery can die in RBY, but my GSC games died out very fast. Only Crystal works for me. I got an extra Crystal just in case. Luckily, my RBY games haven't died.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I couldn't save in my two Silver versions and it was the battery. I have got it changed now and can play again. I'm just waiting for this to happen to my Ruby. I try to play Ruby much more often than Emerald so that I know the Ruby battery will die before the Emerald. I'm afraid I will lose alll my pokemon in Emerald. How long does the battery work for R/S/E (of course it depends on how much you save and load) but how long . . .?
    I also have a false Sapphire. The berries don't grow and later the save file started to disappear. Now I cannot save at all because it constantly deletes. Think they put a weak battery into that one, after all it was a pirate copy and no real Sapphire cartridge.

One reason my Silver's battery went out so quickly must have been that 'saving . . .' every time you moved pkmn in the box and all the times I loaded when I cloned items. Trading pkmn also makes the game save several times and the battery will get weaker much faster because of that. I don't save as much as I used to anymore (which was about everytime a pokemon leveled up).

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
  • Sorry to hear that Te-em. Does anyone know if you leave it on in the SP and charge it for 100+ hours, it recharges the internal battery? I read about this on an official website...Serebii forums...

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Just change the battery for your silver. Ask some game shop or something. It costed me no more than about $5 or something.
    What about the R/S/E. Does the battery run out fast? I know someone has played 600 hours and he has many good pokemon, so I warned him, but no one seems to take me seriously. And what about GC memory card? I have some pokemon on my Pokémon Box. Is there any battery of some kind in the memory card, but I don't use pkmn Box so much though

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    dont let the eternal battery die or you cant use action replay

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    what's action replay?
    And I cannot do anything if the battery runs out, because I cannot save. Your save data is stored into the battery.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    what's action replay?
    And I cannot do anything if the battery runs out, because I cannot save. Your save data is stored into the battery.

no it isnt i took un scered my ruby and ripped out the battery and i still had my saved data

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    ok, but are you sure the save file is not deleted if you remove the R/S/E battery or if it runs out? Maybe you were just lucky. I'm still worried I will lose my save file.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    ok, but are you sure the save file is not deleted if you remove the R/S/E battery or if it runs out? Maybe you were just lucky. I'm still worried I will lose my save file.

when your eternal battery runs out your screen will say your internal battery is dry you can still do game play but clock base events wiil not ocurr that means you cant see or go to mirage island or do the lottery in lilycov

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Hey, that's what happened when someone on the internet cloned in Emerald!! So the save file is never deleted . . . YOu can just change the battery when this happens, just like I did at Silver, but I don't have to worry anymore.
    Then what about D/P? Someone said he had played about 200 hours and lost his save file.

Back