• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    But... Why is it mega and not Primal??
    I was wondering that too. Supposedly there's gonna be some in-game explanation for it or something. It also supposedly mega evolves in a different manner than most Pokemon or something as well.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • A quote from the Mega Evolution club:

As for it not being Primal, I've found this from the comments section of the video:
    "Groudon and Kyogre were in a "Primal" state prior to being awakened. Rayquaza was always awake, just above the cloud layer."
    This could be the reason why.

It's a good theory if you ask me.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • The Mega Rayquaza post was very useful Wicked3DS. You get bonus points for that.
    It looks so cool. I Love it! The explanation is also great. I agree with it as it makes complete sense. NEW TOPIC:

MEGA RAYQUAZA!!!!!!!1!!ONE!!!
    WHAT DO YOU LOVE IN THE VIDEO?! IS IT ACCORDING TO EXPECTATIONS?!

Personally I love everything!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    The preview for Mega Rayquaza was well executed. It wasn't lengthy or boring but instead concise and kept us anticipating more information. It doesn't throw everything at us and this allows for more suspense and speculation - which is pretty cool. We all want to know the exact effects of Delta Stream and Dragon's Ascent but Gamefreak gave us some nice snippets of each to keep us guessing. Overall it was a nice preview. I loved how they portrayed Rayquaza and how they didn't throw everything at us.

As for Mega Rayquaza itself, that thing is a total badass. For every single reason I can possibly think of. However, they said things weren't final with Mega Rayquaza yet so things could be changed or edited in the future. I'll wait and see what they have in stall for us before I judge it further. :p

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Username: Dedenne1
    nickname: dedenne is fine
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Haxorus or Mega Altaria havent seen it in battle yet so gotta wait
    Reason for joining club:I like all types except a select few and through the first couple gens dragon types were special invincible powerful and looking great even from ancient myths i enjoy reading about dragons theyre just overall cool also i like to join many things so while one is inactive the other is active cause im always on
    Answer to any one of the current topics: ill just answer all
    1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon?
    2. Your first Dragon Pokemon....? Salamance/Bagon
    3. Your favorite Dragon type user? Lance pure awesomeness
    4. Your favorite Dragon type move? Draco Meteor
    5. Which generation had best Dragon type Pokemon? 6th gen has the most and theyre all powerful and widely used
    6. Would you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with? Yes well based on the question im guessing u mean fire/dragon water/dragon grass/dragon so id probably pick water dragon i already have tried fire and dragon and grass and dragon is taken and is already awesome so new experience and water types are pretty powerful!

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • Username: Dedenne1
    nickname: dedenne is fine
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Haxorus or Mega Altaria havent seen it in battle yet so gotta wait
    Reason for joining club:I like all types except a select few and through the first couple gens dragon types were special invincible powerful and looking great even from ancient myths i enjoy reading about dragons theyre just overall cool also i like to join many things so while one is inactive the other is active cause im always on
    Answer to any one of the current topics: ill just answer all
    1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon?
    2. Your first Dragon Pokemon....? Salamance/Bagon
    3. Your favorite Dragon type user? Lance pure awesomeness
    4. Your favorite Dragon type move? Draco Meteor
    5. Which generation had best Dragon type Pokemon? 6th gen has the most and theyre all powerful and widely used
    6. Would you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with? Yes well based on the question im guessing u mean fire/dragon water/dragon grass/dragon so id probably pick water dragon i already have tried fire and dragon and grass and dragon is taken and is already awesome so new experience and water types are pretty powerful!
    Welcome to the club Dedenne1. I love Mega Altaria absolutely! It's like the coolest Pokémon in history and the it gets a Mega Evolution too?! How cool is that?! <3

I'd Like to state here and also ask. I know that most of the Legendary Pokémon till Gen IV were Dragon Types. They all are, were and always will be awesome. I love how they are always portrayed as Giant and Mythical Creatures! Even the shadow of a Large Pokémon or a Super Powerful Pokémon always puts one thought in the players minds,"Is that a............... Dragon?"
    The association of Dragons is always os full of mysetery!
    With this I'd like to present a non-canon topic to you:

What other references of the Power/Awesomeness/Mythical Nature/Existence of Dragons have you come across as yet?
    Could be in other games, stories, real-life. I'll provide an example!

I have come across Dragons being portrayed as the most powerful creatures in many different anime context. Even though many portray them as gods (from Dragon Ball /Z series) and many as opponents (from Fairy Tail), it is a well-known fact to most protagonists that they are almost indestructible! I'm really fanboy-ing here but that's okay :P
    Any show that has Dragons in it goes completely hit! Unless everything else sucks.

They are also famous from the old Knight in Armor Vs. The Black Dragon stories in which the Dragon is shown unbeaten till the protagonist enters in the scene. And even the protagonist has troubles with the dragon's defeat.

What are your views? You may post on the same or a different topic and you may post your views about it as many times as you want.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Welcome to the club Dedenne1. I love Mega Altaria absolutely! It's like the coolest Pokémon in history and the it gets a Mega Evolution too?! How cool is that?! <3

I'd Like to state here and also ask. I know that most of the Legendary Pokémon till Gen IV were Dragon Types. They all are, were and always will be awesome. I love how they are always portrayed as Giant and Mythical Creatures! Even the shadow of a Large Pokémon or a Super Powerful Pokémon always puts one thought in the players minds,"Is that a............... Dragon?"
    The association of Dragons is always os full of mysetery!
    With this I'd like to present a non-canon topic to you:

What other references of the Power/Awesomeness/Mythical Nature/Existence of Dragons have you come across as yet?
    Could be in other games, stories, real-life. I'll provide an example!

I have come across Dragons being portrayed as the most powerful creatures in many different anime context. Even though many portray them as gods (from Dragon Ball /Z series) and many as opponents (from Fairy Tail), it is a well-known fact to most protagonists that they are almost indestructible! I'm really fanboy-ing here but that's okay :P
    Any show that has Dragons in it goes completely hit! Unless everything else sucks.

They are also famous from the old Knight in Armor Vs. The Black Dragon stories in which the Dragon is shown unbeaten till the protagonist enters in the scene. And even the protagonist has troubles with the dragon's defeat.

What are your views? You may post on the same or a different topic and you may post your views about it as many times as you want.
    Yes its amazing that altaria gets a mega wats even cooler is its the first fairy and dragon.

Well from several books i read the dragons are always the most powerful in medieval times they werr feared and portrayed as evil creatures in other times they were portrayed as breathing fire others believed they used their jaws and sharp scales to crush their opponents. Others believe it is a evolved form of a lizard or in the same species as them. Pokemon got it pretty spot on they got the look and got the awesome dragon type moves that if dragons were real would probably have

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I always thought it was interesting how dragons appear in several cultures across the world and yet they all represent different things and have different forms depending on where you go.

In European folklore, dragons are basically the embodiment of evil and darkness. Usually they look like this:

Spoiler:

Which is a pretty typical Western dragon. You'll notice that Salamence has the same basic form as European dragons:

Then you have the Asian dragons, which are almost the opposite of the European ones. They tend to symbolize wisdom and power and are more or less benevolent, iirc. A typical Asian dragon looks like this:

Spoiler:

The serpentine body and lack of wings is a lot different from the European dragon. But its a dragon all the same. Rayquaza is a dragon that is based off of the Asian ones:

And then you have the Slavic dragons which seem to be a mix of the European and Asian dragon, sometimes causing chaos, while other times being more benevolent, or even just something in-between. Might have something to do with the fact that the Slavic countries are between Europe and Asia. They tend to have multiple heads and may or may not be winged or even have arms.
    Spoiler:

And what dragon is based off of Slavic dragons? Hydreigon is:

/ramble

I think Tek might know more about this that me though, I think he's into folklore and mythology.

Tek

Years
  • I always thought it was interesting how dragons appear in several cultures across the world and yet they all represent different things and have different forms depending on where you go.

I think Tek might know more about this that me though, I think he's into folklore and mythology.

Heh, actually I learned something from your post; never seen Slavic dragons before. I also find it quite interesting that dragons are something more or less universal to human experience. There are lots of differences, but something they all have in common is that they're very powerful and generally very long-lived.

And they usually seem to be smarter than the average reptile. Sometimes they're even portrayed as being much more intelligent than humans.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Ya know, I never thought of the universality of dragons until now either.

Gonna bring up my only piece of new information with my favorite non-Pokémon game of all-time, Skyrim. The dragons in that game are very different than those I've seen before, mostly cosmetically. They absolutely make that game what it is.

Question: Are there any references to frost/ice dragons in any kind of lore? I've heard of them in games but never in any mythology honestly.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Wouldn't know a thing about dragon mythology sorry! I'm sure there are some stories of ice dragons lying around though. :)

Well how about the story/poem of Beowulf? If you're unfamiliar with the plot, feel free to read the below. Tried to put everything that happened in the story into a few paragrahps but just be careful of some violence and gore. (if that's not your thing) :)

Spoiler:

I guess the story of Beowulf follows the typical brave warrior plot fighting against monsters. In this case, they used dragons to play the villains. What interested me the most though was how at the end, the dragon and Beowulf tied. The dragon was also fighting two on one at the end but still managed to fatally wound the warrior, ending it in a tie. Anyway it's kind of stereotypical for dragons to be the evil ones seeing as they have the best looks for the part.

On the other hand, I was always raised to believe dragons as something good and to be celebrated. In chinese culture, dragons play a huge part. The dragon acts as a mascot to represent China's strong spirit while also being a zodiac, a symbol of power and used to teach important lessons or morals. For example, there was a story about a man who met two dragons and was found to be kind and generous. The two dragons then gave him and his wife a blessing and ten rings on each of their fingers for happiness. Don't really remember the exact story but if someone knows how it goes, that'd be great. :D

So yeah it's kind of interesting seeing the two different approaches to dragons.

Reactions: Tek

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • You know, after the successful discussion above, it is says to conclude that Dragons are officially Bad*** in history. They are great and powerful creatures that either represent Winged Lizards or Giant Flying Snakes. They are associated with all the elements that majorly existed in ancient lore. Brave warriors used to fight them to gain glory or free kingdoms from extortion.
    In some parts of the world, they were greatly respected like in Chinese Culture. they were associated to the Sun god and believed to bring happiness and prosperity to those who worshiped them. I read that 4 rivers in China also represent rivers. I don't remember names but there are 4 major rivers in China that were formed out of the kindness and rebellion(against sky king) of the dragons...........

Anyone want to add to that?

Years
  • Username: PikaEeveeChu
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Zygarde
    Reason for joining club: Dragon pokemon are one of my favourite types :3

1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon? I love dragons anyway, I've been told I'm obsessed with them, and the Pokemon of this type are just fantastic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to dragon-type club, Eevee!

Zygarde's a wonderful choice. Personally, I'm a fan of this Pokémon as well. Its design seem very original, in my eyes, and to top it all off, it's meant to be master of both Xerneas and Yveltal, sort of like how Rayquaza was to Groudon and Kyogre. If Xerneas and Yveltal goes into some feud of sorts and wind up disturbing environment, its PokéDex entry is said to be there for rescuing and whatnot.

Well, perhaps its entry did not state such a thing straightforwardly, but that's what I've managed to interpret. In general, it's a very interesting Pokémon.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Welcome to dragon-type club, Eevee!

Zygarde's a wonderful choice. Personally, I'm a fan of this Pokémon as well. Its design seem very original, in my eyes, and to top it all off, it's meant to be master of both Xerneas and Yveltal, sort of like how Rayquaza was to Groudon and Kyogre. If Xerneas and Yveltal goes into some feud of sorts and wind up disturbing environment, its PokéDex entry is said to be there for rescuing and whatnot.

Well, perhaps its entry did not state such a thing straightforwardly, but that's what I've managed to interpret. In general, it's a very interesting Pokémon.

I hope they don't do that again. Considering they did it in Hoenn AND that game is being released next month, I don't think that would be a great idea. I don't want to see something overdone. They could still use a control concept, of course, but I don't think it would be good to do another war of the two Pokémon.

Dedenne1

Years

1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon? I love dragons anyway, I've been told I'm obsessed with them, and the Pokemon of this type are just fantastic.
    Alittle late but welcome yes zygarde is quite the cool choice being one of wat 3 too be ground and dragon i mean the others can fly but zygarde actually fits the title. I believe that we will probably have after oras based on the pattern a new region then remake of xy the sinnoh remake so xy that would be z were xerneas and yveltal will fight and u gotta get zygarde. Ya sounds a bout right.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years

Welcome Pikachu Eevee hybrid human :) Just kidding
    Welcome to the club! We love Zygrade too! I like it's design. Actually, it's design is the same as one the rides of an Indian God Vishnu. The Snake that he rides is known as Sheshnaag. Look it uo and you'll find a similarity to Zygrade.........

I hope they don't do that again. Considering they did it in Hoenn AND that game is being released next month, I don't think that would be a great idea. I don't want to see something overdone. They could still use a control concept, of course, but I don't think it would be good to do another war of the two Pokémon.
    Well, the actual story of ORAS is the war between Aqua and Magma teams but I'd like to see a story improvement or an addition to the story like the Sevii islands in FRLG. It would be great if we could access another place with it's own story which would be linked to the Latis or Deoxys :D

So yeah I kinda got inactive >.< Marriland is too addicting
    Ohh well I'm back because a dragon whispered me to post XD :D.
    @Zyrade topic: I don't think they will make a Z game though. But I guess we will see through time ^.^
    So yeah I was drawing lately >.>
    <.<

Spoiler:

Fan Art!!!!! I can't draw worth s**t T-T
    Wish I could though. I have great ideas for art.......... But no means to put them on paper :(

Anyways, don't you dare going back to Marriland! We need you here! The only artist we have!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back