• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPad, the most over-rated thing since...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    ITT: OP angsts because his Mummy won't buy him an iPad. Jealous much?
    A fair comparison of the iPad and its primary competition.
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the iPad fails at beating the competition.

But seriously, HP did this years ago and nobody paid attention because it was HP (I'm not talking about the HP Slate they're coming out with, though it was very similar to that). Apple just steals other peoples' ideas and claims to "innovate." Better marketing isn't really innovation.

Not that this is even that great of an idea in the first place. If I want a tablet PC, I'll get a tablet PC; if I want a netbook, I'll get a netbook; if I want an iPhone, I'll get a Nexus One.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    So, I repeat, what is the point of the iPad?
    Which was kind of my question in the first place. But people around here seem to pick off the bad things about what people say and ignore the good, like you would have noticed with a certain person.
    A fair comparison of the iPad and its primary competition.
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the iPad fails at beating the competition.

But seriously, HP did this years ago and nobody paid attention because it was HP (I'm not talking about the HP Slate they're coming out with, though it was very similar to that). Apple just steals other peoples' ideas and claims to "innovate." Better marketing isn't really innovation.

Not that this is even that great of an idea in the first place. If I want a tablet PC, I'll get a tablet PC; if I want a netbook, I'll get a netbook; if I want an iPhone, I'll get a Nexus One.
    LOL, Nexus One :) To point out, iThink the iPad ticks the "Good Games" section. Thanks you two for defending me, peopel can be so brutal here :(

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Nintendo.... money moochers? That's a bit hard to believe since all their consoles and hand held systems are sold at a reasonable price. And the iPad is the most over-rated thing since banana bread.

Sorry, but I don't think that spending $150+ for the same product with slight changes four times over is reasonable.

With Apple you know they're going to do this stuff. The next model will be far better than the current one with a lot of space, so you just wait for that one.

Either way I don't really care about the iPad, if I got one for free than that would be great, but I'd much rather have my laptop back.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Honestly, all Apple products are overrated. They suffer from a Reality Distortion effect because of the way they are marketed. The fact of the matter is that they suffer massive limitations that you would not have to put up with if you had waited for a company like Microsoft or Google release a similar product.

Ayselipera

Of course it's overrated, but that's not going to stop me from getting a little excited pitter-patter in my heart every time I see it on tv.

Honesty If I were you I wouldn't feel bad for the people who just bought it. Everyone knows that Apple makes newer versions all the time. Most of the people who line up for the release of brand new Apple gadgets are regulars who just enjoy that crap. I'm pretty sure they weren't shocked when they heard Apple was already working on a new version. I feel like they probably got more excited.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    will this help everyone? i think it's relevant enough.

there. feel better now? or are some of you a little ruffled. hehe.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    You mean they expect Laptop/Desktop level Wifi Performance out of a mobile-phone class device? Compared to the iPhone and other Cell's with Wifi it stacks up really well actually ♥

Zet

Years
    ~

No, now it seems buy worthy :) Also, could you try not to be so cynical and stop spreading your sadness, seriously, must all you say be an insult?

*hugs* Welcome to the internet, you're going to meet a lot of people like Sawaa <3 and even people 100x more extreme than her.

And I also agree that it is buy worthy but I don't want to buy that anti-malware to protect myself from it's nasties~

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    So, turns out it now has multitasking. Got anything else to whine about, guys?

No, actually they're not unleashing OS4 onto their little wonder device until winter or fall. Just their little little wonder device will be getting it this summer. But it's not true multitasking. Apple's too good for that.

EDIT: For those of you who were just a little too ruffled by the video I posted last time, here's another.

Har dee har har.

Last edited:
    Years
    No, now it seems buy worthy :) Also, could you try not to be so cynical and stop spreading your sadness, seriously, must all you say be an insult?

*hugs* Welcome to the internet, you're going to meet a lot of people like Sawaa <3 and even people 100x more extreme than her.

And I also agree that it is buy worthy but I don't want to buy that anti-malware to protect myself from it's nasties~
    Yeah, I'd like to step in and say, as much as I love to hate both Apple Corp and Sawaa, she's owned everyone in this thread, so I take my hat off to her. :D

Anti-malware? Wut? Don't tell me people have already started writing malicious code for it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2010
    I consider the I-pad a waste of time tbh with the company people only buy it cos its "fashionable" to have and apple thing

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I do agree that Nintendo is after the cash ($.$), since there's five versions of the DS now (Normal DS; DS Lite; DSi; Giant DS; 3DS) and they only have, other than the 3DS, minor differences, such as screen brightness, screen size, and for the DSi, downloadable content (oo~ XP)

But Apple, I never really noticed before, since I don't care for their products. I have an iPod that must've hit the floor at a bad angle, for it now has a dent in the top corner (a week after I bought the darn thing, too lol). They generally come out with different products, but offer a decent difference to make it liable, not like Nintendo's mediocre screen-size difference. For example:

- iPod Shuffle
    - iPod Nano [Larger Hard-Drive; More Options; A Screen]
    - iPod Video [Larger Hard-Drive; Remarkably Bigger Screen for Videos]
    - iPod Touch [Touch-Screen Feature; Internet; Downloadable Applications; Bigger Screen; Bigger Hard-Drive]
    - iPhone [Works Like a Phone + iPod Touch Simultaneously]
    - iPad [Not sure, but it seems to be a crappy mini-form of a computer, minus key details like USB slots]
    - Mac Books [Eh, it's a computer - completely different from the rest of the line]

Though my one and only iPod is the last thing I buy from Apple. I might buy a mesely iPod Touch, but used and in good condition. I don't want to support them anymore :s

Back