• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there any enemies that you feel a certain affection for?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
  • Lloyd, the white wolf, in Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword. He's such a nice guy, and honestly isn't bad. But depending on if you get him or his brother on the first meeting, he's either killed by the enemy, or killed by your units. D:
    I wish you could recruit him, he'd be amazing.

Lyon from Fire Emblem 8:The Sacred Stones. He's the previous to last end boss, but unlike Nergal in the previous game, Lyon is everything but bad. D: He's a very sweet guy. He shouldn't be dying.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I always feel gulity killing one of Bowser's minions. Not only do they look innocent, but half of them just run around, scared of you. Plus, being someone who despises Mario, sometimes I just let them give me a hit before I give them huge blood loss via jumpig on their heads.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    House Bowen in FFTA2 mission "Yellow Wings in Trouble". I mean, you assisted them in kicking Klesta's feathery butt and avenged Bowen's wife in doing so, then you must defeat them to save a clan of jerkass bandits who blocked the way to Camoa? What the hell, Square?

Only in that mission, though. Defeating them in a tourney for a scion-summoning accessory is fully acceptable in my books.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I have a potentially obscure one for those who don't play PSP RPGs, or some of Square's older games; Ravness Loxaerion from Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. I believe she's a Valkyrie; a female Rune Knight, who follows the Duke that you save from execution at the beginning of the game, but when she finds out of the things that the Duke plans to do to their own people when they refuse to revolt against the enemy, who are rulers of the province they are in, she turns rogue and stands against the Duke and the Knight that I believe she followed, Leonar Reci Rimon.

This is naturally one of the turning points of the game, where the player is given a choice; they can either follow the Duke's orders and have the people who are being led by their enemies like cattle to their deaths and pin it on their enemies, or turn rogue like Ravness. Though you don't have the character for long, she was enough of an interesting character for me to care about, and when she turned against me when I first opted to follow the Duke's orders, I actually reset to choose the other option... only for her to be shot by Vyce; a character that was one of your friends in the beginning, and subsequently later dies before your eyes.

I just really felt horrible for Ravness in those sequences, because her parents were one from the enemy lands (Galgastani, if I recall) and one from Walister, who your character is loyal to. She was a character who had a lot to prove when it came to the Walister, as she wished for them to be free, but her Galgastani blood was something that, to my knowledge, was something that made people of the Walister look down on her. At least, that's the impression I got from Leonar's comments when confronted with her objection of the Duke's orders.

She's one of those 'casualties of war' that you see in a game that you really feel sorry for seeing, when you look into the character, or the character is portrayed really well, before their demise.

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
  • Besides that: Misery from Cave Story. You'll know why when you play through far enough to get to the Best Ending.

I am going for the best ending in that game.

I have seen videos of the end of the Best ending. It turns out they weren't really bad. But they count...

PlatinumDude said:
    I don't know if Wario counts, but if he does, then I like him because of his craziness.

He counts... most of the time.

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    While not particularly an enemy, I don't enjoy killing hookers in GTA games.

I don't know what it is, and I just can't put my finger on what's stopping me from killing them.

Damn my affliction.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • Axel and Demyx from KH. They were semi decent people. Demyx didn't want to die and Axel was half a good guy and awesome to boot. Felt bad I had to destroy them.

Bianca from Pokemon B/W. Granted she is an idiot, I still feel bad that her self esteem goes down toward the end as she realizes she can't match up to you or Cheren. Instead of going around the world in hopes of being a Pokemon Champ she just stays around in Juniper's lab.

Wally from Pokemon Emerald. Another one that pretty much gives up his hopes and dreams because you keep utterly destroying him.

Debilitas from Haunting Ground. He's the only enemy that gets the hint and leaves you alone without dying beforehand. Even before, he just thought you were a toy and he wanted to play with you. Granted it was necessary to teach him differently because he would kill you if he got a hold of you (playing a little too rough) but you have to dump a friken CHANDELIER on his head to make him get the message that you don't want to be "played with". He seems all depressed after that too and never chases you again. In fact he's the only stalker left alive at the end of the game in the A ending that wishes you a goodbye. Even then he's left in the house by himself cutting bushes. What will even become of him? He's a mentally handicapped monster left at a castle by himself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't wanna smack the cute sweet corn pieces with a frying pan in Conker's Bad Fur Day. :[ I also was very sad after I defeated Demyx in Kingdom Hearts, cause he's such an awesome character. ...I wanna play KH2 now. lol

And let's not forget the worst...wild Petilil. I can't do it. ;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    In Mass Effect, I don't like killing Matriach what's her name. I forget. But she was under mind control and everything. Saren too. I feel bad, because it wasn't really their fault that they were evil.

Asrossk

The Incompetent
    Years
  • I always felt bad for Nemesis in Resident Evil 3. Sure he was bred to be an unstoppable killing machine, but he was so suave looking in that long trench coat! I respect a guy with a good dress code like that. He also was the single reason the game worked, as he made it very tense to play. The unstoppable nature of him was a bit unnerving, but you have to respect a guy that committed to his job.

Back