• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Windows XP Obselete?

Years
  • tl;dr because of massive wall of text with terrible spacing and minimal punctuation: The person you quoted obviously hasn't tried to intentional break both 7 and XP. Even with just passive efforts on my part (via modified browsing habits) to infect Windows 7 and Windows XP, Windows 7 showed significantly more resilience to infection. And Windows 7 can use the improved security features that many antivirus programs already have that are designed with security features Vista or 7 in mind, that wouldn't work in XP as it doesn't have the improved security features.

Though as always, browsing the internet without antivirus and antispyware software is like sleeping around with a litany of people who have an 80% chance of having STDs and not using a condom. Browsing on XP, however, is like using a cheap, three-year-old, brittle condom and not expecting it to break on you mid-coitus, whereas browsing with 7 is like using a fresh condom.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • you completely lost the point of the post if you read closely it states that "If you already do all the right things to keep XP running safely, you're not going to get any safer by buying Windows 7. " though its just a lil safer
    Wrong. It's a LOT safer. Once again, there are specific technologies with specific functions that can be listed out here in TL;DR fashion if you want to argue this point.

Do you have any idea what ASLR is?

the post already says it.also did you read a lil forward"There are lots of ways, like Microsoft's own Windows Easy Transfer and I'm sure there will be many more, to migrate your data from your old system to your new one, but all of them take work. If you have a business with dozens to tens-of-thousands of Windows PCs you can count on a honking, huge upgrade bill." it doesn't say that its impossible it says that it requires work.
    It doesn't really take work. See what you XP users fail to realize is that installing an OS and reformatting the hard drive are two very different things. XP automatically reformat before installing. Windows 7 does not have to, and all files are perfectly preserved without any hassle. The only downside is that you will have to reinstall any programs, which is the only advantage of an upgrade.

Also you are practicly just spending big bucks for a taskbar xp already work perfectly and doesn't make a difference if you use 7 it says that your safer but if you have bad internet habits you are not safer than xp
    So help me if you call Windows 7 just a taskbar again... :cer_pissed: NOT cool, or correct. Also, you are in fact safer using Windows 7 with bad habbits than using XP with bad habbits. Once again, 7 has more native security. Ever heard of DEP?

cuz 7 has horrible audio, if you notice lots of users get problems with the jacks or the audio being laggy or choppy im just saying dont know if its true.

That's not related to the Operating System. That is related to poor audio hardware. Windows 7 has a lot of good basic drivers to come with. If anything, audio is better on Windows 7.

For instance, when I bought my machine with XP on it, I bought some nice high definition audio speakers. I had to go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the driver before they worked.

When I took the same speakers and plugged them into a Windows 7 Machine, they automatically installed without me having to do ANYTHING more than plug them in and began working.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • you completely lost the point of the post if you read closely it states that "If you already do all the right things to keep XP running safely, you're not going to get any safer by buying Windows 7. " though its just a lil safer the post already says it.also did you read a lil forward"There are lots of ways, like Microsoft's own Windows Easy Transfer and I'm sure there will be many more, to migrate your data from your old system to your new one, but all of them take work. If you have a business with dozens to tens-of-thousands of Windows PCs you can count on a honking, huge upgrade bill." it doesn't say that its impossible it says that it requires work.Also you are practicly just spending big bucks for a taskbar xp already work perfectly and doesn't make a difference if you use 7 it says that your safer but if you have bad internet habits you are not safer than xp neither less safer you are equally safe they all get viruses and win7 viruses are a bad bad thing.Also dont start saying gaming cuz 7 has horrible audio,if you notice lots of users get problems with the jacks or the audio being laggy or choppy im just saying dont know if its true.In a final note what im trying to say is that if your upgrading to 7 because you have viruses well then fix your internet habits cuz i dont get any viruses and haven't gotten 1 for 7 years so its not safer if you move to 7 you just have less probability at spyware big deal. my xp is working perfectly and i dont need to change it so i would recommend ppl who dont have any problems with xp to stick to it 7 will not make the "safer" thing better it will make you think you are safer thats it cuz i had 7 i downloaded most of the stuff i got now and my 7 crashed on me i had to restore her by pressing f5 and doing some steps to actually boot her 5 hours later and ive almost filled the hard drive and yet no virusesso sorry but 7 doesnt make a big diff from xp if you know how to use it.
    \/ plz.
    tl;dr because of massive wall of text with terrible spacing and minimal punctuation: The person you quoted obviously hasn't tried to intentional break both 7 and XP. Even with just passive efforts on my part (via modified browsing habits) to infect Windows 7 and Windows XP, Windows 7 showed significantly more resilience to infection. And Windows 7 can use the improved security features that many antivirus programs already have that are designed with security features Vista or 7 in mind, that wouldn't work in XP as it doesn't have the improved security features.

Though as always, browsing the internet without antivirus and antispyware software is like sleeping around with a litany of people who have an 80% chance of having STDs and not using a condom. Browsing on XP, however, is like using a cheap, three-year-old, brittle condom and not expecting it to break on you mid-coitus, whereas browsing with 7 is like using a fresh condom.
    Sounds like you have experience man >.>

@OP:
    Yeah, XP is kinda outdated. Really people has gone LOLOMG VISTA USES MORE THAN 512MB RAM!!... It's time to upgrade. Aka two years old PCs run Vista fine. My own E4600 / 8800GTS 512 / Crap 2GB RAM ran it find, I'm using W7 now.

XP should die ASAP. And if you can't catch up with tech maybe you're just bad? Really it's inferior to the likes of Vista. I'd prolly run Linux over XP, as Linux is cool and XP is outdated. (I used Ubuntu) Even though the fact Linux isn't suited for gaming.

Mugendai

Glitchologist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    I was linked to this thread by someone else, and after reading, I decided I should contribute my opinion to it.

I use Windows XP, and prefer to use it, and will probably continue to do so until none of the newer games I'm actually interested in will work. If the programs somehow stop working earlier than the games, then I'll just use Linux for that.

There is probably a security risk from still using Windows XP, but I am not really concerned. I don't use Internet Explorer (assuming that the latest version is Vista/7-exclusive), and I don't attract viruses. I don't use an anti-virus or a firewall (unless a NAT'd router counts), and I rarely bother to use Windows Update, except after a fresh install. However, I DO use Spybot Search and Destroy occasionally. With all these security issues I give my computer, I have never been attacked during the 4 years I've used Windows XP (and Windows 2000) in this way, except for one time when my computer started acting strangely in general (windows randomly flipped between themselves), so I just reinstalled XP on a completely reformatted hard drive.

I doubt my computer will get attacked tomorrow or next week, and if it does, then I'll just reinstall everything; it is that easy for me, considering I reinstall the operating system once every 6 months anyway. With that said, I am aware that there ARE some risks that cause your computer to be infected with a certain few things you don't notice at all (except for perhaps sluggishness), but I take the risk as I have a few general issues with the various security software I've tried previously, but I won't go into detail on this.

So, why do I refuse to use Windows Vista or 7? They are quite bloated. They suck up a lot of memory and CPU resources for the new features I do not use or care about (eye candy is quite subjective). You might say that newer things will gradually use more and more resources, and that I should be upgrading, and while I do agree that more computing power is good, there is little loss in useful functionality the less resources an operating system uses (for example, XFCE and Fluxbox with Linux, and I quite like them). I would like to be allowed as much resources as possible for running the other, useful things I do use.

The newer Windows do have some new hardware-related features that XP does not have, but I do not use them. I think someone claimed that IPv6 was one of them, although I have no trouble setting it up on XP, and it was one of the reasons I switched from Windows 2000 in the first place. However, and I'm probably contradicting myself at least a bit by saying this, but I will not deny that 64-bit Windows XP may be terrible, although I have yet to try it, and the motherboard only handles 2 GB of RAM (ironically enough it still has a 64-bit CPU) and I don't care to spend more money for a newer computer when this one works quite well, and the games I play run at a high FPS on it.

Much of the latest and newest things still work on XP (and Windows 2000 for that matter!), and so I am quite happy with Windows XP. I should note, as well, that I am not that big of a gamer so I haven't encountered any new games that does not work on XP.

So, Windows XP is old, but not too old to be unusable, and it is not entirely obsolete.

</endrant>

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • If the programs somehow stop working earlier than the games, then I'll just use Linux for that.
    Best be preparing for this one. XP is being phased out. IE9 will not be supported and you will continuously be more vulnerable to viruses. If I were you, quite honestly? I'd switch to Linux now, as long as you don't mind the loss of games and compatibility with programs.

There is probably a security risk from still using Windows XP, but I am not really concerned. I don't use Internet Explorer (assuming that the latest version is Vista/7-exclusive), and I don't attract viruses. I don't use an anti-virus or a firewall (unless a NAT'd router counts), and I rarely bother to use Windows Update, except after a fresh install. However, I DO use Spybot Search and Destroy occasionally. With all these security issues I give my computer, I have never been attacked during the 4 years I've used Windows XP (and Windows 2000) in this way

Now you're trolling. XP is a blundering baffoon of outdated security practices at this point. I'd appreciate it if you didn't lie and or say things like this to encourage people to feel safe using a OS that is not safe at all. I know for a fact an XP installation is extremely lucky to last a few months exposed to the internet without any protection. Why? I see the viruses getting blocked. I KNOW they're out there, where they come from, what they do, and how often they tend to appear.

I doubt my computer will get attacked tomorrow or next week
    There's a fair chance you will. The internet doesn't have pity for people not using any protection, and you'll find it will not protect you for you. Consider using a free version of an antivirus called Avast.

So, why do I refuse to use Windows Vista or 7? They are quite bloated. They suck up a lot of memory and CPU resources for the new features I do not use or care about (eye candy is quite subjective). You might say that newer things will gradually use more and more resources, and that I should be upgrading, and while I do agree that more computing power is good, there is little loss in useful functionality the less resources an operating system uses (for example, XFCE and Fluxbox with Linux, and I quite like them). I would like to be allowed as much resources as possible for running the other, useful things I do use.
    They're not bloated. They don't suck up a lot of memory and or CPU resources. In fact, XP was as bad if not worse than Vista when it came to memory advancements. People made this excuse when XP came out. It's not really valid. Here, see this article from 2003... Kinda seems familiar, doesn't it. That's because it's the same thing. Furthermore, 7 has slightly LOWER hardware requirements than Vista, so I dare say it's absolutely ridiculous to call 7 a memory hog.

The newer Windows do have some new hardware-related features that XP does not have, but I do not use them. I think someone claimed that IPv6 was one of them, although I have no trouble setting it up on XP, and it was one of the reasons I switched from Windows 2000 in the first place. However, and I'm probably contradicting myself at least a bit by saying this, but I will not deny that 64-bit Windows XP may be terrible, although I have yet to try it, and the motherboard only handles 2 GB of RAM (ironically enough it still has a 64-bit CPU) and I don't care to spend more money for a newer computer when this one works quite well, and the games I play run at a high FPS on it.

XP has poor IPv6 support compared to newer OSes. And there are many new features on newer OSes that XP is no longer capable of getting, some of these major security advancements like ASLR and UAC. Also, 64 bit on Vista and 7 are pretty much incredible, while XP's 64 bit is a monstrosity.

Much of the latest and newest things still work on XP (and Windows 2000 for that matter!), and so I am quite happy with Windows XP. I should note, as well, that I am not that big of a gamer so I haven't encountered any new games that does not work on XP.

Not using it to it's full potential doesn't really make it not obsolete though. And I'm sorry to say it but the latest and greatest is in fact not on XP anymore.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • Stop reapiting the D*** uac and whatever is that 7 and vista use all of us are happy with our xp we will not change as soon as xp phases out open source will kick in i already have aero on my xp i already have lots of things that vista and 7 do exclusivly i have dx11 (yes i really do real easy to do) i have everything that vista has and even bettered i dont care no more i dont want any of the new os they are resource hogs and pretty much anything that vista or 7 has i have it on my good new xp so i really do not care when ie9 comes out(as much as i hate ie) ill have it making a hack for it is the easieast thing to do so i with a big i feel sorry for you i say good bye.

Years
  • Stop reapiting the D*** uac and whatever is that 7 and vista use all of us are happy with our xp we will not change as soon as xp phases out open source will kick in i already have aero on my xp i already have lots of things that vista and 7 do exclusivly i have dx11 (yes i really do real easy to do) i have everything that vista has and even bettered i dont care no more i dont want any of the new os they are resource hogs and pretty much anything that vista or 7 has i have it on my good new xp so i really do not care when ie9 comes out(as much as i hate ie) ill have it making a hack for it is the easieast thing to do so i with a big i feel sorry for you i say good bye.

Okay, a few things:

1. UAC helps prevent the casual user from inadvertantly installing some malicious software. Other security features of Vista and 7 reduce random attacks on your machine, which do happen quite often with XP, since all you usually have to do is open ONE web page, document, or other file coded to exploit the vulnerability, and then whomever decides to target your machine to control can easily use that exploited back door without you being made aware because they're not using Windows and therefore don't have to follow Windows protocols. And then there's the matter of the XP administrator account being so easy to crack from any location. I will not state what it is because, despite millions of XP users who aren't even aware of it, there are plenty of hackers who don't know what this vulnerability is, and I don't wanna inform the latter group.

2. Open source OSes don't do gaming.

3. Having 1 GB of RAM means you're using a machine that's equivalent to a machine with just 256 MB of RAM in 2004. Sure, it may run an older OS just fine, but you're behind on performance levels for both applications and OSes, which was the case for a machine with 256 MB of RAM in 2004.

4. Vista was good, but just tried too hard to be everything for everyone. 7 takes the good in Vista and amplifies it, while still being less of a resource hog than Vista.

5. I feel sorry for you being so deluded that 1 GB of RAM is enough to play newer games. I know from experience that many 5 and 6 year old games struggle with that much on even XP.

and...

6. Windows 7 is much more flexible in relation to how much RAM you have physically on your machine than XP and Vista were.

Dawn

Years

Please take your trolling elsewhere! We have better tastes than the average person who thinks all UAC does is interrupt their ever so impenetrable cardboard box fortress and listens to everything they hear on the internet! -_- Seriously! You completely ignore any logic used against you. It's like, insanely old at this point.

Is Windows XP Obselete?

locoroco

Years
  • Okay, a few things:

1. UAC helps prevent the casual user from inadvertantly installing some malicious software. Other security features of Vista and 7 reduce random attacks on your machine, which do happen quite often with XP, since all you usually have to do is open ONE web page, document, or other file coded to exploit the vulnerability, and then whomever decides to target your machine to control can easily use that exploited back door without you being made aware because they're not using Windows and therefore don't have to follow Windows protocols. And then there's the matter of the XP administrator account being so easy to crack from any location. I will not state what it is because, despite millions of XP users who aren't even aware of it, there are plenty of hackers who don't know what this vulnerability is, and I don't wanna inform the latter group.

2. Open source OSes don't do gaming.

3. Having 1 GB of RAM means you're using a machine that's equivalent to a machine with just 256 MB of RAM in 2004. Sure, it may run an older OS just fine, but you're behind on performance levels for both applications and OSes, which was the case for a machine with 256 MB of RAM in 2004.

4. Vista was good, but just tried too hard to be everything for everyone. 7 takes the good in Vista and amplifies it, while still being less of a resource hog than Vista.

5. I feel sorry for you being so deluded that 1 GB of RAM is enough to play newer games. I know from experience that many 5 and 6 year old games struggle with that much on even XP.

and...

6. Windows 7 is much more flexible in relation to how much RAM you have physically on your machine than XP and Vista were.

open source os do gaming it depends on who programs it. this comp has a gig of ram the other has 6 gigs running xp home gaming edition. i said stop mentioning uac i know what it does i dont install any software unless i trust it and uac all it does is f*** up all of the keygens and other programs. vista wasnt good it never was too many d*** question to close a frigging window.

Please take your trolling elsewhere! We have better tastes than the average person who thinks all UAC does is interrupt their ever so impenetrable cardboard box fortress and listens to everything they hear on the internet! -_- Seriously! You completely ignore any logic used against you. It's like, insanely old at this point.

Is Windows XP Obselete?

you stop trolling you revived the dang thread

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • open source os do gaming it depends on who programs it. this comp has a gig of ram the other has 6 gigs running xp home gaming edition. i said stop mentioning uac i know what it does i dont install any software unless i trust it and uac all it does is f*** up all of the keygens and other programs. vista wasnt good it never was too many d*** question to close a frigging window.

you stop trolling you revived the dang thread

No I didn't. The guy before me did. And we'll mention it all we want because we're sort of right and you're sort of being ignorant.

Furthermore, your argument consists of "no ur wrong and i hate vista" in TL;DR fashion. I'd be more unimpressed but that's not possible.

Years
  • open source os do gaming it depends on who programs it. this comp has a gig of ram the other has 6 gigs running xp home gaming edition. i said stop mentioning uac i know what it does i dont install any software unless i trust it and uac all it does is f*** up all of the keygens and other programs. vista wasnt good it never was too many d*** question to close a frigging window.

And it also depends on what games you play. Keygens are technically illegal anyways. And you obviously didn't look around enough to know that you CAN turn UAC off in Vista. And you sound like you're going off of the words of others, and not personal experience, because Vista was nowhere near as annoying to use as you make it sound.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    *pokes head into thread
    inserts TAF-style logic in the words below*
    open source os do gaming it depends on who programs it. this comp has a gig of ram the other has 6 gigs running xp home gaming edition. i said stop mentioning uac i know what it does i dont install any software unless i trust it and uac all it does is f*** up all of the keygens and other programs. vista wasnt good it never was too many d*** question to close a frigging window.

Okay; there are a few things I find wrong with this:
    • Name any modern (as in, past 2006) computer game that runs on any variant of *nix or any other open source OS (like Solaris). Emulation of another platform through WINE (this includes Crossover Games) or any virtualization software doesn't count.
    • XP Home Gaming Edition? Are you referring to XP Media Center Edition? Gaming Edition doesn't exist, unless it's bootleg.
    • As much as UAC can be a pain in the a**, it does protect against some types of malicious software. It's always a good idea to at least keep it on the setting where it doesn't dim the screen, just so it doesn't lag a Vista or 7 system.
    • Keygens and the like are illegal. Even then, to the best extent of my computer knowledge, UAC shouldn't completely mess up a program. Chances are, it's the new architectures implemented by Microsoft that's causing incompatibilities.

locoroco

Years
  • And it also depends on what games you play. Keygens are technically illegal anyways. And you obviously didn't look around enough to know that you CAN turn UAC off in Vista. And you sound like you're going off of the words of others, and not personal experience, because Vista was nowhere near as annoying to use as you make it sound.

yes it was i had vista i couldnt even make a d*** word document each time i tried to close the window it pop out a bunch of dialog boxes asking me if i wanted to close i said yes and she pop out another one and it was very annoying. then whats the point of having uac at all i know i can turn it off.

*pokes head into thread
    inserts TAF-style logic in the words below*

Okay; there are a few things I find wrong with this:
    • Name any modern (as in, past 2006) computer game that runs on any variant of *nix or any other open source OS (like Solaris). Emulation of another platform through WINE (this includes Crossover Games) or any virtualization software doesn't count.
    • XP Home Gaming Edition? Are you referring to XP Media Center Edition? Gaming Edition doesn't exist, unless it's bootleg.
    • As much as UAC can be a pain in the a**, it does protect against some types of malicious software. It's always a good idea to at least keep it on the setting where it doesn't dim the screen, just so it doesn't lag a Vista or 7 system.
    • Keygens and the like are illegal. Even then, to the best extent of my computer knowledge, UAC shouldn't completely mess up a program. Chances are, it's the new architectures implemented by Microsoft that's causing incompatibilities.

Do you know spanish or have google chrome so i can give you the link so you can see it yourself, xp gaming edition was coded by me and like 7 other guys i worked on stability and errors and they worked on memory usage and other things. Do i care if keygens are illegal i use them on xp with panda antivirus gold 2010 and it doesnt get deleted but i did try it on a brand new vista that didnt even have an antivirus and it deleted it, it was very annoying if i have to turn off uac then whats the point of having it in the first place?

Years
  • yes it was i had vista i couldnt even make a d*** word document each time i tried to close the window it pop out a bunch of dialog boxes asking me if i wanted to close i said yes and she pop out another one and it was very annoying. then whats the point of having uac at all i know i can turn it off.

That'd be the document editor, not Vista. UAC only pops up when you run an installer or when changing a system setting.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • It probably is, as much as I like to deny it. ;~; *has all my stuff on an XP*

Mine still works good though....but then again, it's never had internet on it. >__>

Years
  • I originally hated vista. Honestly, I thought it was a POS. But now I <3 it.

XP has become...a technological lunchtray to me now. A bunch of crap you DON'T want, yet you decide to deal with anyway. Vista and Windows 7 are like Homemade Cookies, whereas you know what you're getting(kinda), and you always enjoy it...kinda.

While I can't say i still don't HAVE XP(Bleh, My Video Game Budget prevents me from updating unless I pirate it...unless it's free, then slap me for stupidity), the only reason it's on my PC is because I can't buy it. Vista confuzzled me with the 64 bit and 32 bit crap, but what the hell is the point of caring anyway?(Computer techies, you can inform me of this if you care, because I'm not the smartest computer whiz kid)

As stated earlier, XP is, indeed, a computerized epidemic. Time after time again, I've had to erase everything and re-install the friggin XP because of some unknown Trojan problem, or some virus, or some other BS from browsing regular sites.(How the hell do you get a Trojan from a Flash Game site?? Not cool, man) While vista and 7 might not have some things that you might've liked on XP(IDK what that might be), can you really complain when you don't have to worry about getting viruses and trojans as much as you have to on vista or windows 7?

While XP isn't, shall I say, dead, I find it hard to bother to use it now when you decide to upgrade to a newer OS. And as much as I enjoyed XP, I think it's about time to move on. It's 2010, and no one wants to spend half an hour or so trying to install windows XP pro. =/

(Expects a tl;dr from this)

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • Personally, I think that Windows XP IS obsolete, anybody who still has it, just isn't willing to change (which imo is perfectly fine) or is scared of Windows 7 since Vista failed or maybe not willing to spend the money...

My Windows XP was the most customized and the most useful Operating System that could be. I tend to do a lot to make my Computer... mine.
    And at that time, I wasn't willing to shift to Windows 7. But then I tried, set up dual booting and stuff. And it worked, and it was pretty good.
    I had tried the betas, and I hated them (with a passion)... But the release was amazing.

I'd disagree with anybody who hates UAC:
    It was necessary to implement something like that, especially with so much software coming up just to f*ck up your systems.
    Anybody heard of viruses that spread through pendrives? Or those registry edits that limit you. These are small programs that make use of administrative permissions to be contagious and cause harm.
    I work on a lot of computers, and help a lot of people with technical problems, and someone who is not an advanced user needs the UAC.
    And if somebody has used Linux, we already had something like it in Linux (sudo, gksudo etc.)

And I love Windows Aero. Eyecandy without the performance problems like in Windows Vista. It's beautiful.

The new taskbar too, it's so easy to manage things now.

The only thing I don't like about Windows 7 is that I miss the old Paint (I don't like ribboned paint) And some legacy Chinese hardware that won't run.

Nonetheless, my opinion, give Windows 7 a try, if I hadn't, I would have been one of those who are arguing here, like die-hard Windows XP fans.

locoroco

Years
  • ok you want to see aero here a pic of xp with aero
    Spoiler:

thats my xp with aero if thats not enough proof that xp does whatever 7 and vista do even better than them here is the 3d view of my xp
    Spoiler:

i have dx11 i could have uac if i wanted i could have anything that vista and 7 do with the reliability of my xp if you have gotten viruses bad for you the most i get in this comp is spyware also for the record my friend has 7 he got a really bad virus in the first 3 weeks of his computers life while i that have had this installation of xp for over 2 years now not even a single virus and she is running perfectly.sorry for the big pics.o and 1 last pic that proves that she is xp.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Do you know spanish or have google chrome so i can give you the link so you can see it yourself, xp gaming edition was coded by me and like 7 other guys i worked on stability and errors and they worked on memory usage and other things.
    "XP Gaming Edition" is nothing more than an nLited XP with a few components removed to make it run faster, something I could do myself in 20 minutes. There isn't any coding involved that I'm aware of, except perhaps some very basic scripting.
    i have dx11 i could have uac if i wanted i could have anything that vista and 7 do with the reliability of my xp if you have gotten viruses bad for you the most i get in this comp is spyware also for the record my friend has 7 he got a really bad virus in the first 3 weeks of his computers life while i that have had this installation of xp for over 2 years now not even a single virus and she is running perfectly.sorry for the big pics.o and 1 last pic that proves that she is xp.
    You do not have DX11. At best, you have the hacked "DX10" that is floating around, which is mostly emulation and redirection, not true DX10. As for your friend getting a virus, that is merely anecdotal evidence. I have used Vista for two years and not gotten any viruses or any other malware.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • @locoroco, DX11 can't be run in WinXP, like twocows said it IS one of those hacked things.
    That skin of yours is UGLY.

And if you really can have all those features of Win7 using software available, might as well get Win7? I mean, you have pretty much converted your WinXP to Win7?

Windows however has a reputation of being a Virus attractor, the version doesn't matter. Though I do believe that the software that comes with 7 actually does a lot to prevent them.
    I've heard of people just leaving a new installation of Windows connected to the internet for 5 days, (without even using it) and the machine fills with viruses.

Back