• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Italy: A tolerant nation

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
  • Allstories said:
    We should probably get rid of the black people in the United States. They're violent and fleet-footed, most of them. The country would be more peaceful without them. Also, we should deport all hispanics for stealing our jobs.

Excuse me, but I don't think that will solve the problem. Also last time I checked, Hispanic is an ethnic group that can be of any race (scratch that, there is no so such thing as another race, we're all human, right?) ethnicity, this includes Black, Asian, Mexican, White, etc. Not just one specific ethnic group.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I was saying that to prove a point. I don't really feel that way. Actually, the fact that you assume I WAS serious and yet aren't completely outraged is a little disturbing.

lolita_creep

INTERNET LOVE MACHINE
    Years
  • facepalm @ Forgotten Memory™

Actually, it was quite obvious that Allstories was being sarcastic though.

I disagree with this obviously prejudiced action from Italy, but I can see what Kura means. We shouldn't assume she's racist for thinking that way. Would you call everybody who locks their car door and guards their purse when they're in a mostly black community a racist?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • facepalm @ Forgotten Memory™

Actually, it was quite obvious that Allstories was being sarcastic though.

I disagree with this obviously prejudiced action from Italy, but I can see what Kura means. We shouldn't assume she's racist for thinking that way. Would you call everybody who locks their car door and guards their purse when they're in a mostly black community a racist?

I wouldn't do that because there were blacks, I would do that because I wouldn't know the community.

When I go downtown Toronto, I always hold my purse close to me on the busses. But when I'm uptown where I live, I'm more familliar with the tendencies of people and I'm more familiar with the area, and therefore I don't feel as threatened.

I lock my car door everywhere, but I'm more precautious when I'm in a place where I don't know what the community environment with the people is like.

lolita_creep

INTERNET LOVE MACHINE
    Years
  • I wouldn't do that because there were blacks, I would do that because I wouldn't know the community.

When I go downtown Toronto, I always hold my purse close to me on the busses. But when I'm uptown where I live, I'm more familliar with the tendencies of people and I'm more familiar with the area, and therefore I don't feel as threatened.

I lock my car door everywhere, but I'm more precautious when I'm in a place where I don't know what the community environment with the people is like.

Oh of course, everybody takes precautions in strange places. I just said that to make a point.

Just like in Italy they are used to seeing gypsies and think negatively of them, some neighborhoods here see a person of a certain race and think negatively as well. It's unfortunate the the bad examples some gypsies made have defined them as a whole, but that's the way society goes. I do not agree with what Italy did, and I think they could have handled it better maybe by stiffening punishments or something close to that.

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
  • so you're basing you're opinion on a country you've probably never been to on something political? if people around the world were like you, they'd see America as a country who hates their children, just because George Bush vetoed a bill that would cover the health insurance of children.

besides, you live in america, and our government isnt so amazing. were you bored of bashing the government's job here so you had to go pick on another country, or do you not dare talk bad about your nation?

but wow, i really want to go visit family in calabria now

lolita_creep

INTERNET LOVE MACHINE
    Years
  • So you believe the bad actions of 90% of a population shouldn't affect people's perceptions towards the whole?

Not quite. I can understand why it would affect people's perceptions towards a entire group, though. I just don't think it should be considered acceptable behavior. Besides, it's a bit impossible to maintain a good view on a group if many belonging to it do negative actions. It should be kept to oneself.

Back