• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Official: Water Found on the Moon.

True Reign

  
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    wow!
    I can't believe that there is water found in the moon...
    I'm very curious where did the water come from.
    Hydrogen is an extremely common element in the Universe. Actually you shouldn't be surprised at all.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Actually, I think with the technology we have today, building a biodome on the moon is very possible. There are already underwater hotels. Those hotels were built to withstand water pressure, so if we can withstand more pressure, what's so hard to withstand less pressure? This is just the biodome though. Human bodies are a totally different story I'm sure.

As for living on the moon...I think we're better off living on Mars. The gravity difference isn't by much and so we'll be able to adjust to it. The moon would probably be best to farm plants for food and with the human population constantly growing, I think eventually we're gonna collapse Earth. It can't support us indefinitely, not with a growing population with growing need for food, water and shelter.

I wonder if scientists have tried creating water.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • The moon DOES have gravity. It has less than Earth, but it definitely does have enough gravity to hold down pebbles, rocks and ice. How water got on the moon in the first place is a different story. There's a lot of theories floating about trying to explain it but there's no definite conclusion. One theory is that comets that are flying nearby the moon melt somewhat when approaching the sun and the icemelt lands on the moon and accumulates there.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Don't drink the moon water, don't even touch it. Not. One. Drop

Back on topic, the moon is quite frankly inhospitable, it has low gravity, which is fine if you just can't reach the cupcake on top of the cupboard but a nuisance for everything else, if we COULD build a bio-dome, then i agree with Griffinbane that it should be used for farming. Mars on the other hand.... It does have quite a few more attractive features than the moon.

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
    Years
  • The Moon landing was the biggest hoax ever. I don't care who argues with me. The USA only did that to say they 'landed' on the moon first. It was all filmed in a place called Area 51 in arizona.

Oh i see, but how can i water be ound on the moon if there is no gravity on it?

It's called Ice. The water is frozen on the surface.

Last edited:

Rolling Pichu

IV XV VII
    Years
  • The Moon landing was the biggest hoax ever. I don't care who argues with me. The USA only did that to say they 'landed' on the moon first. It was all filmed in a place called Area 51 in arizona.

It's called Ice. The water is frozen on the surface.

You don't exist, I don't care what you say. You're obviously a bot sent here by conspirators in order to convince us the thing was a hoax.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I've always assumed the Moon came to become our moon through two ways. The first is that a large collision occured in the cooling of Earth, which would also explain the water on the surface of the Moon. Another is that the Moon came from somewhere else and was caught in the Earth's gravitational field.
    I've got dibbs on president :D
    Not if I get there first :P

EDIT:
    ThornPython4 said:
    The Moon landing was the biggest hoax ever. I don't care who argues with me. The USA only did that to say they 'landed' on the moon first. It was all filmed in a place called Area 51 in arizona.
    Can someone get any more ignorant than you? If you want to say why it was a hoax, then just give us some evidence to help your 'hoax' idea crap.

Also Area 51 is in southern Nevada. Not Arizona.

Rolling Pichu

IV XV VII
    Years
  • I've always assumed the Moon came to become our moon through two ways. The first is that a large collision occured in the cooling of Earth, which would also explain the water on the surface of the Moon. Another is that the Moon came from somewhere else and was caught in the Earth's gravitational field.

Not if I get there first :P

The collision theory is the one, dude. Among lots of things that explains why there are many compounds in the outer layers of the Moon that are found on Earth and couldn't exist up there otherwise. It also explains why the axis of the Earth is tilted.

Anyways, I think we're closer to colonize Mars than the Moon. It has more water, the days last almost the same, and more gravity than the moon. If we could only thicken its atmosphere in some way, it would have a very similar temperature range to the Earth's.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah, I just posted the two most possible ways for the Moon to form. Obviously it's the collision theory because of the evidence (the Pacific Ocean).

Back