• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese DCC

Years
    • Seen today
    I might pick it up then. o_o I haven't gotten much anime lately aside from that NGE boxset. XD

Random topic, what's everyone watching?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    If I don't get good internet at college I may just start buying random HK series I come across XD

I'm watching Trigun for the first time, and it's one of the better shows I've seen; only someone very masterful could combine western, sci-fi, and the Rurouni Kenshin-esque overtones and make it as perfect as it is...speaking of which, I know my next theme is going to be Trigun, but I can't decide between Meryl Stryfe and Millions Knives. Which would look better? o_O

And my mom threw away my Faye Valentine figure when I was at school today...she finally saw it and apparently freaked out because of the way she's dressed. I'm considering whether or not to make her pay for the rest of the Gashapon set that it came from or not...but I probably will, though, because I'm just that angry.

Years
    I'm watching...absolutely nothing. x.x Actually, wait, no, I am watching Evangelion, or at least trying to; my friend asked that I watch it one night, and for some reason I keep watching it. I think it's partially for any "what the heck?" factor ("Ode to Joy" as a background music for an emergency situation? Yeah, I was laughing at that, sorry ^_^; ), and partially just to see what happens.

I've still got some Bleach to watch, and even Gundam Seed Destiny - I'm so far behind with some of the series I have that it's not even funny.

I'd say go for Meryl, but that's only because I'm not much of a Knives fan. ^_^;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    x__X She threw out your figure? Omg. I'd flip if my parents did that to me. Dude, yeah, at least make her pay you back for the figure. x_o;; Yeesh.

I've only seen four episodes of Trigun, but it was so good. XD I'd download it, but I'm not sure where I'd find the *dub* episodes since I preferred it much, much more in English--and that's quite the rarity for me. XD;

I'm...not really watching anything (again). But I am in the midst of FMA...just haven't touched it in about a month is all, eheh. oo;

Years
    I want to watch Trigun again - I've seen the entire series (if not, then just about all of it), but that was back in 2003. >_o And I've forgotten most of it since then. I'd also like to see if I can make a bit more sense of it this time around, if that's even possible, since I recall there being a few unexplained things in there...

Unfortunately, I keep forgetting it comes on. ._.;;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    The English voice acting in Trigun is some of my favorite, Erica...Vash the Stampede's english voice may be my favorite single voice in any anime (though my favorite overall voice actor will always be Steven Blum >D)

Cowrie: Monday-Thursday at 1:30 a.m. on [as] if you want to catch up.

I almost bought the entire Trigun Maximum manga series on saturday, but it didn't look different enough from the show to warrant the purchase o_o; I still kind of wanted to own it just because .____. ... I'm desperate to find an up-and-coming manga or two to get into.

Years
    • Seen today
    You can't have bought the entire series, Maximum is still running. O_o

Anywho, next year a new anime called Trigun Zero is going to air, and a lot of people think it'll be the Maximum storyline.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kazuhito said:
    You can't have bought the entire series, Maximum is still running. O_o

Anywho, next year a new anime called Trigun Zero is going to air, and a lot of people think it'll be the Maximum storyline.

Really? For some reason I assumed it was over...I saw a gigantically-thick manga volume that contained the first half of the series and assumed the eight volumes of Trigun Maximum I saw were the other half...nevermind <_<;

I was just thinking recently how amazing it would be if they didn't exactly make a Trigun sequel but more of a retooled version that took advantage of all the recent advances in animation technology so they could have more uniform face animations, more vibrant colors, removal of some of the characters that seem out of place (i.e. the Nebraska family, some Gung-Ho Gun members with less extreme weaponry, etc.) I'm incredibly excited now o_o;

Years
    • Seen today
    ...okay, I got my dates mixed up, it is over. There are two of those thick volumes since the anime came first. A year after the anime, the manga started, it ended at 11 volumes. It'd be cool if they could retool the series, if they did though, they'd have to bring back Johnny Young Bosch, he was perfect as Vash.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Don't worry, you're still far more informed on it than I am.

I think I said on the last page that Vash's voice is my single most favorite voice in any anime. It would be completely different without him to the point of my having little desire to watch it. Any of the other people in the original, though, are less characteristic and easily replicated by other VAs, so getting rid of, say, Milly, Meryl, Legato, Knives, etc. would be fine with me. Replacing Wolfwood is iffy to me...not as unique as Johnny Young Bosch's rendition of Vash but still unique enough to be hard to duplicate.

Years
    • Seen today
    Depends on what it is, if it's a movie, I wouldn't mind him being there. Though if it's a series, it has to be him. I can deal with not having JYB as Vash for a movie, but for an entire series, he's the only choice.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Kazuhito, you've watched the EXE anime. What're your opinions on the actual Rockman series ever getting animated? ZX has got some spiffy characters, graphics and animelike cutscenes (so did Zero), I for one would love to see the series animated. It'd be great, even if there'd probably be a demand for the WHOLE series to be animated then - which's too long to be put on anime anyway.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't see Zero getting animated, it's been too long into the game line for it to happen. .EXE was animated a few months after the first game came out. ZX does have a pretty good chance of being animated and I guess that could tie into the Zero games if they're in the same timeline like people say they are. .EXE could go onto a fifth season though, most anime based on toys and games usually only go for three seasons, though it could just be to finish up Lan's storyline and show his kid.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    well, they sorta have and sorta haven't gone on to that 5th series...they supposively ended Beast at 25 and moved on to Beast+ which includes the EXE version of Zero...pretty much Beast+ is a bunch of 9 minute shorts, so meh

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    I like to make some picture requests:
    First I like to see pics (Anime and Manga scans) of Sakura and her friends from Cardcaptor Sakura wearing their summer gym exercise clothes, sneakers socks and all. I would also like to see full body pics of Sora from Digimon in her tennis outfit and Kari from Digimon (Season 2) wearing sneakers.

Back