• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese DCC

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, we thought this would breathe new life into the area, and get people talking about more than just anime.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    rofl @ Kaga's HK experience. XD I've never had that before and I really only ever buy HK subs if I buy anime.

Shouldn't this be redubbed "Japanese DCC" or something like that? Or is it just staying anime? oO

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Done~

I don't usually buy HKs...just because they suck so much that I can probably understand a raw better. XD

Cherrim

Years
    I get them for the sake of having anime on DVD instead of downloading it. o_o; And if I'm getting something on DVD, I'm not paying $30 for four episodes and crappy bonuses if I can get the whole series for the same price. o_O

We should take the thread title literally and speak only in Japanese. 8D

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    True...but I usually stick to boxsets, there's something call thinpac, they're just boxsets without all the fancy crap and come out pretty cheap. I got the NGE Platinum version like that for 50 bucks.

...and no...that'd just be too hard. XD

Cherrim

Years
    o_O They either don't have them up here, or they're terribly overpriced here too since I've never seen anything like that.

でも、楽しいよ~ 8D

Cherrim

Years
    Eh, I suppose not. Not that it matters...I still love the HK subs. They're so funny!

Yuugi. HAVE YOU CLEANED YOUR NECK? XDD;

Years
    I've tried watching parts of the second pokemon movie and some Fruits Basket episodes with subs like that...haha, that was hilarious at times.

Though it was also a bit of a pain trying to figure out what was meant at times, since the English was so poor. ^_^;

Cherrim

Years
    I hate when they switch names in the middle. With my Yuugiou HK subs, for the first 10 episodes they use the Japanese names, then in the middle they switch to Chinese names or something, then finally they switched to direct translations of the Japanese names. It was ridiculous. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I remember buying at set once that had ADS FOR OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE SUBS...now that was annoying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    D<

I'm having to do a report on Japan~ and it's due tomorrow. Yay for senseless procrastination ._.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Kazuhito said:
    True...but I usually stick to boxsets, there's something call thinpac, they're just boxsets without all the fancy crap and come out pretty cheap. I got the NGE Platinum version like that for 50 bucks.
    Ebay.

Ex: The Neon Genesis Evangelion boxset is like 80 to 100 bucks at various stores like Sun Coast and Best Buy, but you can find it on Ebay for 15 to 20 bucks. God bless Ebay.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah...but that's used. What I got was the "Platinum Collecter's Edition Boxset" That came with an extra disc of director's cut episodes for $50. The price tag on the normal set is three times as much most times.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Not necessarily. There are stores that sell their anime *NEW* through ebay at extremely low prices. Heh, I sound like Wal-Mart. =P You should check it out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Reminds me of when Target still had anime, they had the entire Bebop set for $30.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I actually could have gotten NGE platinum on ebay for $40 when I purchased my HK version, but the only difference was that the two movies were included with the HK edition and since they're so fracking expensive on ebay (usually as much for the pair as it is for the entire 26 epiode set) that tempted me into buying it. I've actually had a lot of success with HK DVDs; my Samurai Champloo and s-CRY-ed sets are of the highest quality...just, you can't always get lucky, I suppose XD The only reason I even bother to buy DVDs are that it's impossible to download on my computer, and since I don't have a high-quality laptop or something more personal than this giant, clunky thing, I prefer to see my anime on television instead of the computer...

Yeah, Cowboy Bebop perfect collection got bargain basement there for a while...I got a legitimate copy on ebay for $25 XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Only one of the NGE movies is good. Death and Rebirth was kinda pointless to me and a waste of money on my part. XD How much did you pay for your Champloo set? I've been wanting to get one for a while XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Well, since I'm sort of an indiscriminate fanboy as far as NGE is concerned, I still had to have them both XD

I paid $30, but it's down to $25 most places on ebay now...since I got it about a day or two after it appeared on ebay demand was high, and, of course, prices were raised. There are problems with screen formatting, though, on all of them you have to physically turn subtitles off on the remote because they forgot to put a feature for that on the main menu, and you have to edit the screen proportions because it's automatically set to make it full-screen instead of widescreen, so it looks pixelated unless you change it. Otherwise, it's completely perfect.

Back