• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

Andrew1989

neet
Years
  • I had already imported the japanese version of Black. But despite not understanding the language, I decided just to break it and shall wait for it to launch in the UK.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I'm going to get it once it is released in the UK... honestly, what IS the point in getting the Japanese version only to spoil yourself? And you can't even understand it either. .__.'

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Will have a Japanese White and an English Black. The language problem isn't too bad for now since I'm impatient and just wanna play really badly, lol. And besides, there's a help thread here and Hiidoran has been translating some of the stuff...he wouldn't mind helping his bby. <3 :D

Everyone getting White needs to make sure to pick up a Seed bby! :)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I'm suprised that nobody has started a fan translation yet.....

I'm going to wait for the English release, since it is too difficult for me to learn a second language (mainly because my final grade in Spanish last school year was a D).....

Years
  • I've imported pokémon white (and it should arrive here soonish), and will pick up an English version of Black when that's out.

Until then... I'm just avoiding anything too spoileriffic.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I don't understand a word of Japanese (though I intend on learning it), I preordered Black-I love Reshiram. It should arrive anytime now.

But I kinda regret it and wish I bought White instead. I love all the version exclusives of White,and I don't like any of the Black exclusives other than Reshiram. ='(

But I'm definitely going to be buying both Black and White in English in spring.

Years
  • If I get it, I'll be getting the english version.

Don't think I could enjoy a game that relies on the text a lot (Hence why I've only ever imported the two Ouedan games).

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • My friend has the japanese one which I will use for a while, then I will buy both Black and White in English :).

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I waited for Pokemon Platinum English version release before I tried to play Platinum. I'm guessing I'm going to wait for the English versions of Black and White. Seems more enjoyable that way

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I currently own Pokemon White, so I'll probably be getting Black when it is released for purchase over here. Or I'll do what I always do and buy both versions when they're released over here... xD;;

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I got the Japanese one from a pen pal who lives in Japan (we send each other presents) but I am absolutely awful at Japanese (thank the Lord for bilingual people) but I am still enjoying it.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • i have black and white japanese cause i cant wait........
    i dont get a word but its an awsome game so its dosent matter!!1
    all my pokemon in white (just started so dont laugh):

Japanese or English Black/White?
    lvl 14:1st slot
    lvl 13:2nd slot
    lv 10:3rd slot
    lvl 15:4th slot
    lvl 13:5th slot
    the blue one:lvl 17 6th slot

in the pc:
    koromory lvl 13

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Being Japanese is an advantage whenever a new Pokemon game comes out.
    Buying it on Amazon.co.jp thinking it'll arrive on the release day is not.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • I hate waiting, but I'm still going for the english version. Althogh it can get annoying the fact that most of the new trades in the wi fi trade section of the forums are for BW only. I'm still waiting.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Waiting primarily for the American release, although I'm roaming the internet for screenshots and plot.

Back